Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Moku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
This thread is a train wreck. All I see is endless misinterpretation and miscommunication.

Having said that, I'm going to go ahead and give this app a -SUPPORT also. But come join us on Discord and get to know us better, so that any future applications we receive from you have a greater at chance at success, should this one be declined.
Let's begin with saying this.
I see a hate train here and let's just say this.
Moku was active on discord AND the server before he went away for a bit.
He just came back from a busy period in time, he is probably going to be active again and just give him a few days to get active again. Moku has been on discord all day as far as I have seen.

So please just rethink what you all said and if you still think the same then it's okay.
Succes @Moku , I really wish you good luck :)

You still didn't name me!

greetings,
Lucas

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
"Thank you for the negative support :)" When i posted this I was meaning to say thank you for the support on telling me what was wrong so i can fix It next time.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
"Thank you for the negative support :)" When i posted this I was meaning to say thank you for the support on telling me what was wrong so i can fix It next time.

I've talked to Moku about it and the way he tried to convey this message was not quite optimal, but he does actually mean that he is thankful for you guys for giving him valid feedback.
I genuinely think that it was just badly formulated

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
The activity on the forums is the only thing I mentioned. The application is the reason behind my -Support, not his forum/discord activity.

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
Sorry to the ones that I was so rude to please accept my apologies, i've redone the application if you'll like to take a look.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

post-upload: miscommunications apparently. You weren't intending to insult people with the "thanks for the negative feedback" row. Edited to match current affairs.

You seem like a mixed bag of a person. That's all I really have on personality as I haven't met you in-game since I've only ventured into x3 Orange once.

You're very inactive. An example of why you are inactive is that you once posted on the 1st of December, 2016 and then went dead silent until the 14th of January, 2017. 40 days of negligence. If you WERE an admin and you were gone for that long with no rhyme or reason, there could've been an important announcement exclusive to the forums that you missed.

Quote from your second status update ever:
"Does this community just base everything off of what people say? "Actions Speak Louder than words". Give people a chance man."
Basically what you're trying to say here is "give me a trial run as an admin so I can permaban all the snotty children that bodyshot me on the Orange All-Crits servers". You aren't better than any of us others waiting on our admin applications and you will not be treated differently. Giving you admin powers for, let's say, 3 days as a trial is like giving a loaded assault rifle to a criminal.

When all is said and done, you're not really ready to become an admin right now. However, try being much more active and join the discord server to introduce yourself and give everyone a general idea of what type of person you are.
-support

Last edited:

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
Man this thread is a mess

At this point my opinion means diddly prick but from your intolerant behaviour and plain indecency, you're nowhere near suitable for being an admin.
You're very inactive. An example of why you are inactive is that you once posted on the 1st of December, 2016 and then went dead silent until the 14th of January, 2017. 40 days of negligence. If you WERE an admin and you were gone for that long with no rhyme or reason, there could've been an important announcement exclusive to the forums that you missed.

Quote from your second status update ever:
"Does this community just base everything off of what people say? "Actions Speak Louder than words". Give people a chance man."
Basically what you're trying to say here is "give me a trial run as an admin so I can permaban all the snotty children that bodyshot me on the Orange All-Crits servers". You aren't better than any of us others waiting on our admin applications and you will not be treated differently. Giving you admin powers for, let's say, 3 days as a trial is like giving a loaded assault rifle to a criminal.

When all is said and done, you'za smelly poo poo head and you'za mister meanie go away
-support

Listen i have changed the application i was never meaning I was better then anyone else

Console

Server Clearing
Alright now that you apologies is nice i like that and if i have been rude to you or insulted you im sorry also your app looks alot Better so im going for Neutral

Good luck!

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
Alright now that you apologies is nice i like that and if i have been rude to you or insulted you im sorry also your app looks alot Better so im going for Neutral

Good luck!

Thank you!

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Apologies. I have edited the response as I hadn't reloaded the page, and all I saw was everyone yelling at you.

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
Let's begin with saying this.
I see a hate train here and let's just say this.
Moku was active on discord AND the server before he went away for a bit.
He just came back from a busy period in time, he is probably going to be active again and just give him a few days to get active again. Moku has been on discord all day as far as I have seen.

So please just rethink what you all said and if you still think the same then it's okay.
Succes @Moku , I really wish you good luck :)

You still didn't name me!

greetings,
Lucas

Thank you so Much

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
I hate to be so brutal, but my - support won't be changing.

While I now understand that this was all one great big misunderstanding, this isn't entirely our fault and still could have been handled better on your behalf as well.

1. When Poopy pointed out your inactivity on the forums your response was
    Hey buddy I joined before you <3
    which overall seems like a way to say "my inactivity doesn't matter, I joined before you." What you should have said was "I already discussed my inactivity with the owner." because it doesn't look like a giant "hey, screw you, I joined before you" and would overall cause less drama and confusio
  2. You still pulled the race card at something that was not racist. This only causes more drama and fueled the argument further. You could have easily said "actually I'm French." instead of calling Piman racist.
  3. When Fish said
    Right, replying to any criticism sarcastically as "thanks for negative support" instead of seeing it as a chance to improve isn't helping your case.
    you didn't try to explain yourself saying "That was meant as a thank you for your support, good or bad." In fact, you didn't explain yourself at all. I'd say "oh well maybe he didn't see it, that part was hidden above another quote," but two other people said the same exact thing. Had you responded to that this entire situation could have been made that much better.

Overall I do not doubt that Moku wants to make the community a better place, but I would be concerned with his inability to get points across, similar to how it played out here. If he had trouble communicating to us that this entire thing was a great big misunderstanding and instead chose to bicker with Fish, Poopy, and Piman going as far as to accuse Piman of racism, how well would that play out during a heated situation with a rule breaker? At least from my point of view, Moku seemed to be angry over a misunderstanding, so I don't think somebody intentionally being a dick would play out well.

I wish you the best of luck @Moku but my vote will not be changing.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
I'll be blunt; I'm going to give this a -Support.

There's almost no effort put into this application. The only somewhat long part is the "Why do you want to become and admin?" section, which is mostly made up of what we would expect from a normal member. The punishment section is awfully lacking in content, with only 3 types of rules listed. Your time available during the week is extremely small, with only 2 hours of availability. Your activity is very lacking on the forums, with 11 posts since the 20th of November. The kicker for me is that you've listed me as a known admin where I don't recall ever talking to you that much; you're not even on my friendlist.

If you want tips for your next application should this be declined, try to reverse the cons listed above.
Seeing as this has been changing a lot, I'm going to revalidate my -Support. The cons that have disappeared are the effort and lack of content. They are now replaced with the fact that you had to edit your application; something you wouldn't be able to do when applying for a job. It shows a lack of independence and confidence, and is something I personally have a distaste for. You are still only available for short periods of time, you are still extremely inactive and you have still got me listed as a known admin when I can't even remember talking to you.

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
Seeing as this has been changing a lot, I'm going to revalidate my -Support. The cons that have disappeared are the effort and lack of content. They are now replaced with the fact that you had to edit your application; something you wouldn't be able to do when applying for a job. It shows a lack of independence and confidence, and is something I personally have a distaste for. You are still only available for short periods of time, you are still extremely inactive and you have still got me listed as a known admin when I can't even remember talking to you.

2 months ago was the last time I talked to you

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
2 months ago was the last time I talked to you
Which is a hell of a long time ago. I'm not even certain I was a member of staff then. The point is, if you're unsure what is meant by no, then ask the admin themselves. Also, I realise another con was brought up at some point on your punishments; you claim to know admin commands, but say you would ban a chatspammer. This is either a lie about your knowedge or a severely harsh punishment.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Looking at the revised app, I don't really have anything new to add. A lot of my concerns such as bad grammar/syntax, etc. still remain.
I also understand what happened before was a bit of a misunderstanding, but Oswald made some very convincing points. My verdict remains.

EDIT: I'm not angered about ratings, but I'm not sure rating constructive criticism as "dumb" is helping your case.

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Why you want to become admin seems to me like a one man show. From what I see you want to become admin so you can do things you couldn't do before like banning people and doing suggestions. To me being an admin shouldn't be about the powers that come with it and what you can do, that's the point of the whole community. Secondly your punishments make zero sense. Ban Ban Ban all I see is Ban; spamming is why we have the gag and muting commands even though you say you know admin commands. Last thing is I don't think you needed to add the racial slur under the spamming section, there was no need to emphasize it. Overall I think you want to become admin for the powers that come with it which is NOT what it's about. If you really care that much about someone getting banned or punished for a misdoing you can always call an admin in discord, they respond in like 2 minutes tops.

EDIT: instead of rating my post dumb could you tell me what you think at least? -,-

Last edited:

Wolfi

Truly Feared
Moku when I first met you, you asked me and @Lucas to help you make a new discord because you wanted to help out community, we both thought it was abit weird why you wanted to do this but anyway you were going out of your way to help out the community and now you come back after 2 months of not playing and apply, how we know that you won't do this again? After reading this application and all the negative effects it swayed me from a +support to a neutral but then after you have not been accepting the advice the community has put out to try and help you in your application you are being rude and rating their posts dumb....
So this swayed me to my final verdict of a -support because you show tendency to be rude to others when they go out their way to help you with your application. This tendency could show that you could fasely ban someone because you don't want to listen to what others say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom