Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Two server breaking exploits in deathrun server

Weeazist

weaz

Before explaining these exploits would like to apologize for;
Players that didn't want to take a part in it but suffered it for few map rounds.
Staff members that might have gotten the bug notification/s but only to find out there wasn't any case. I've seen players calling admins, mods ect.
And other BlackWonder moderators/staffs, for not reporting this early than I should have.

While me and my friend were playing on BW deathrun server we found two exploit that just ruins (or makes it fun, depends on people) the experience of the deathrun. Well, in my defence we were the only ones know how to execute it and the later one isn't that affecting as much as first one does. And we tried it when the total player number was under 10.
The first server breaking exploit is that you can toggle low gravity in every deathrun server. On Dr_Industrial if one player gets to the god room and enables the low gravity trigger after another player/s finishes the round by winning just before map is about to change then the low gravity effect stays on even on the next map. The exploit remains there forever until if another map deactivates the low gravity (my theory, probably false) OR server restarts itselfs.
On to the next case. How did this not get reported? Why nobody is talking about it? Well, because the next exploit I want to report is that you can freeze/crash the server on dr_safety_first.
On the last stage where activator rides the road roller (was it road roller? Can't remember) and kills everybody then gets out of the vehicle (Somehow killing everybody auto ejects the activator from roller) only to press the button which red team suppose to do... This just crashes the server. I really don't know the logic behind it but it just happens.

On side note; Each time we expiremented with LG exploit and tried other maps with LG on, we crashed the server with safety_first to turn LG off. I am very sorry for problems I may or may have not caused.

edit: Also I'm sorry for Site Moderators, for putting this problem in Suggestions instead of Problems section. I just made account to report this and I didn't notice that there was a problems section for that.

Last edited:

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Thank you for the detailed explanation, I'll have a look with some deathrun players and update you.

Weeazist

weaz

I've thought about it for a while and I think the same low gravity exploit might beachieved in dr_playstation too... and it might be stronger than dr_industrial is capable of.
You know the Gex minigame where if you enable the cheats it grands you the low gravity for a short time right? I've seen people in low gravity mode in normal playthrough of dr_playstation so it indicates that the low gravity is for 'certain player that activated it' in that round. This doesn't lower the Server's gravity like dr_industrial but it lowers the player's. So my point is... what if you activate the low gravity just before map change? Wouldn't that make you the only person who has low gravity in other maps too?

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Had a look at the first exploit. I think it should be fixed now with a plugin change I made.

The second one I will have to see the entity name of that button and potentially modify it with stripper

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom