Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Remove the "common sense" rule

• Thread starter Deleted member 2120
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2120

The rules should be clear, specific, and to the point. What one may consider common sense another may not. This rule is way too vague and unclear, and to be frank, utterly lazy. There can be so many rules attributed to this you can't possibly expect everybody to know these common sense rules. I don't have much more to say, just wanted to make a quick suggestion about this.

EDIT: The common sense rule should be replaced with the actual rules that would fall under it. Just want to make that clear.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I am bringing the fact that it is not clear to your attention. Now list them out or give me your steam account.
That is not how life works.

You do not walk up to someone and say:

You: "I don't like this, change it or give me stuff".
Me: "What do you want changed"
You: "Make it more specific waahhh"
Me: "Okay, list what you want changed so we can review it, but be detailed"
You: "Waahhh no, I don't want to actually contribute, I am just here to complain"
Me: "Well, then what is your problem"
You: "Waahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *reverses course and tries to hand back the responsiblity to resolve the thing that was never an issue in the first place*"
Me: "Well, I dont know how to help you, since you apparently dont actually know what you want"
You: "Wahhh, here is the chicken nuggets my mom brought home from work"
Me: "I don't eat trash"
You: "Fine"

D

Deleted member 2120

That is not how life works.

You do not walk up to someone and say:

You: "I don't like this, change it or give me stuff".
Me: "What do you want changed"
You: "Make it more specific waahhh"
Me: "Okay, list what you want changed so we can review it, but be detailed"
You: "Waahhh no, I don't want to actually contribute, I am just here to complain"
Me: "Well, then what is your problem"
You: "Waahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *reverses course and tries to hand back the responsiblity to resolve the thing that was never an issue in the first place*"
Me: "Well, I dont know how to help you, since you apparently dont actually know what you want"
You: "Wahhh, here is the chicken nuggets my mom brought home from work"
Me: "I don't eat trash"
You: "Fine"
I know what I want. I the rules to be clear and specific. If you guys don't even know what falls under common sense how do you expect other people to?

Philip

Australium
images(23).jpg

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I know what I want. I the rules to be clear and specific. If you guys don't even know what falls under common sense how do you expect other people to?

We could begin listing things, but the list is infinite, as a player could come up with different ways to break rules- without end. It is humanly not possible to make a finite list of "common sense" things. Even it is were, the rules would then be 1,000 pages and people wouldn't read them anyhow.

I don't think this is going to go anywhere.

It is not going anywhere; because, you haven't responded with how the rules could be expanded to be inclusive instead of exclusive. And when you did try, I shut you down since you couldn't even describe what VERY sexual content was. And that is just one small part.

D

Deleted member 2120

We could begin listing things, but the list is infinite, as a player could come up with different ways to break rules- without end. It is humanly not possible to make a finite list of "common sense" things. Even it is were, the rules would then be 1,000 pages and people wouldn't read them anyhow.

It is not going anywhere; because, you haven't responded with how the rules could be expanded to be inclusive instead of exclusive. And when you did try, I shut you down since you couldn't even describe what VERY sexual content was. And that is just one small part.
I am pretty sure "very sexual content" is self explanatory. You can also list a rule that prevents you from trying to dodge rules already set in place. Oh well, this community is dying anyway.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I am pretty sure "very sexual content" is self explanatory. You can also list a rule that prevents you from trying to dodge rules already set in place. Oh well, this community is dying anyway.
No, please define it. I went over the different examples of how that rule could be contested and you just changed the topic.

D

Deleted member 2120

No, please define it. I went over the different examples of how that rule could be contested and you just changed the topic.
Saying sexual shit over the mic or through the chat.Here, let me use a different community's definition (it is a roleplay server but the difference is small.)
  • Typing out sexual content to another player via text chat.
  • Using /me to act out sexual activities.
  • Playing a pre-recorded sound involving sexual content via voice chat.
  • Speaking sexual content via voice chat.

You, of course, can add or remove different sections. That is effective at nullifying sexual content within the server.

D

Deleted member 2120

That is the rule, "Common Sense".
And what else? There is a lot more that falls under common sense. Hell, some people my not know that they can't type out sexual content because the rules don't explicitly say that they can. Don't you think that would be easy to have in the rules?

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
And what else? There is a lot more that falls under common sense. Hell, some people my not know that they can't type out sexual content because the rules don't explicitly say that they can. Don't you think that would be easy to have in the rules?
No, that's it. I'll requote myself below which is the formal all encompassing definition of common sense as used by the admin team when punishing players.
Everything a common person would sense is or isn't appropriate.

D

Deleted member 2120

No, that's it. I'll requote myself below which is the formal all encompassing definition of common sense.
Don't you think it would be better if this was stated for more specifically though? I know there is a lot more that goes under common sense as well.

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

You are upset due to the fact that the rules do not clarify more scenarios and are expected to understand 'Common Sense', that I understand; But what I'm seeing right now is a complete mess and constant curves of topics.

'Common sense' by definition is good judgement by practical matters, it is literally giving you a ground to stand on so that you, as a player, at least have something to start with and ask yourself, 'Is this punishable? If so, which rule could be related to this situation?'. I doubt there had been a ban and/or comm which the admin would put, 'Lack of Common Sense'.

D

Deleted member 2120

You are upset due to the fact that the rules do not clarify more scenarios and are expected to understand 'Common Sense', that I understand; But what I'm seeing right now is a complete mess and constant curves of topics.

'Common sense' by definition is good judgement by practical matters, it is literally giving you a ground to stand on so that you, as a player, at least have something to start with and ask yourself, 'Is this punishable? If so, which rule could be related to this situation?'. I doubt there had been a ban and/or comm which the admin would put, 'Lack of Common Sense'.
There hasn't been. But I don't want this to become a problem. People shouldn't question what would fall under the rule or not. They should have a clear understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 12)

Top Bottom