Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Remove the "common sense" rule

• Thread starter Deleted member 2120
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2120

The rules should be clear, specific, and to the point. What one may consider common sense another may not. This rule is way too vague and unclear, and to be frank, utterly lazy. There can be so many rules attributed to this you can't possibly expect everybody to know these common sense rules. I don't have much more to say, just wanted to make a quick suggestion about this.

EDIT: The common sense rule should be replaced with the actual rules that would fall under it. Just want to make that clear.

D

Deleted member 2120

No, you have based the rule being unacceptable on the premise that it allow admins to abuse its interpretation. You have tons of hours on the servers, provide and example or concede the point.
I have said that it can enable staff to abuse the rule. It is too vague.

D

Deleted member 2120

Provide an example, you go home
It can literally be anything, that's the point. But the point of this thread isn't about how it can be abused, it is about how the rule is vague and doesn't provide new players with anything to go off on.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
It can literally be anything, that's the point. But the point of this thread isn't about how it can be abused, it is about how the rule is vague and doesn't provide new players with anything to go off on.
Are you willing to make an inclusive list of how a player can be harmful to the community?

I don't know how old you are or if you have ever been employed, but there is a reason that employers always have a clause that goes something like this under restricted behavior: "Behavior which reflects poorly on the organizations, be it in person or on social media, we reserve the right to determine what is and it not an acceptable way to represent our organization so its reputation may be upheld. Violating this agreement is punishable up to and including termination of employment" All ... ALL coporations and governments in the modern world have such open ended clauses. This is because teams of attorneys which review employment agreements understand that it is impossible to list every way an employee could harm the reputation of the government. This is why you aren't responding with a potential inclusive list, because it is not possible. If you determine a way, I am sure every business in the world would like to employ your services to rewrite their employee contracts.

D

Deleted member 2120

Are you willing to make an inclusive list of how a player can be harmful to the community?

I don't know how old you are or if you have ever been employed, but there is a reason that employers always have a clause that goes something like this under restricted behavior: "Behavior which reflects poorly on the organizations, be it in person or on social media, we reserve the right to determine what is and it not an acceptable way to represent our organization so its reputation may be upheld. Violating this agreement is punishable up to and including termination of employment" All ... ALL coporations and governments in the modern world have such open ended clauses. This is because teams of attorneys which review employment agreements understand that it is impossible to list every way an employee could harm the reputation of the government. This is why you aren't responding with a potential inclusive list, because it is not possible. If you determine a way, I am sure every business in the world would like to employ your services to rewrite their employee contracts.
Since when was Blackwonder a multi million dollar company? That pertains with having people behave in a respectable manner so the company won't be harmed. But you see, that is a lot more specific. Why not change the rule so it asks you to behave in a mature manner? That would be 100x better than just telling you to use common sense. I know plenty of communities that don't have a common sense rule and they get along just fine because the owners know what to write. Simple, add a no harassment rule and a rule that prevents you from typing ultra sexual content. Anything is better than just telling you to use common sense. At least change it to where you must behave in a mature and proper manner, that is infinitely better.

Hyped

Rage Inducing
Just close this thread and have this arguement in private to avoid shame.
The votes have already spoken.
We don’t need this to escalate further

D

Deleted member 2120

Just close this thread and have this arguement in private to avoid shame.
The votes have already spoken.
We don’t need this to escalate further
Why should I feel shame? I should feel shame because I want a rule set to be specific? Okay then

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Since when was Blackwonder a multi million dollar company?
So if you worked for a "mom and pop" ice cream stand, you think they would have a different policy?

But you see, that is a lot more specific.
It is more specific, yet still incredibly vague. Again, many thousands of attorneys have poured over these legalese riddled contracts and have been unable to do what you are suggesting. Likely because it is impossible, as new ways to break rules are invented faster than any one person could possible type.

Why not change the rule so it asks you to behave in a mature manner?
Mature based on what age and culture? This too is subjective and leave room for interpretation.

I know plenty of communities that don't have a common sense rule and they get along just fine because the owners know what to write. Simple, add a no harassment rule and a rule that prevents you from typing ultra sexual content.
See you did it right here, you added "ultra sexual content" who decides what that is and what it is not? I bet those admins disagree on the specific there and punish differently, as well. Is it a gif spray of a moving sexualized pony? Is it a nipple? What is the gif spray is clearly showing sex, but doesn't actual show genitalia? I could go on for days, but you still won't concede the point that it is impossible to list everything and that you are not more intelligent than all those attorneys.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
1543623055774.png

These rules are spelled out, not to insult players and spam, but you ignored them. This is really simply representative of your inability to follow rules and not indicative of a systematic problem with the rules themselves. Please learn to separate you flagrant disregard for even specific rules (because you don't follow those anyhow) and stop projecting your nonsense and have a splendid evening.

D

Deleted member 2120

So if you worked for a "mom and pop" ice cream stand, you think they would have a different policy?

It is more specific, yet still incredibly vague. Again, many thousands of attorneys have poured over these legalese riddled contracts and have been unable to do what you are suggesting. Likely because it is impossible, as new ways to break rules are invented faster than any one person could possible type.

Mature based on what age and culture? This too is subjective and leave room for interpretation.

See you did it right here, you added "ultra sexual content" who decides what that is and what it is not? I bet those admins disagree on the specific there and punish differently, as well. Is it a gif spray of a moving sexualized pony? Is it a nipple? What is the gif spray is clearly showing sex, but doesn't actual show genitalia? I could go on for days, but you still won't concede the point that it is impossible to list everything and that you are not more intelligent than all those attorneys.
Yes, people are always finding ways to break rules but they will break rules either way. This is for people who are willing to follow the rules. You are a staff member, surely you can figure this out? Because if you can't... Well, how do you expect other players to? Tell me what goes under common sense and then those can be added to the rules. I don't want players getting banned for something that was not stated in the rules. Honestly, I am starting to lose interest with this. I don't play on Blackwonder anymore and no one gives a shit about the rules, evidently. Feel free to close the thread if you want, or we can continue to debate. I am still in favor of having this rule changed.

D

Deleted member 2120

These rules are spelled out, not to insult players and spam, but you ignored them. This is really simply representative of your inability to follow rules and not indicative of a systematic problem with the rules themselves. Please stop projecting your nonsense and have a splendid evening.
I have been part of this community for a long time, kind of seems like I am capable of following the rules. I would also like to point out that I was being an edgelord when I got that ban. I have since grown up and started to respect the fact that rules are in place for reason. I am pretty sure that is obvious by the fact that I endeavour to improve the rules.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I have been apart of this community for a long time, kind of seems like I am capable of following the rules. I would also like to point out that I was being an edge lord when I got that ban. I have since grown up and started to respect the fact that rules are in place for reason. I am pretty sure that is obvious by the fact that I endeavour to improve the rules.
4 months of wisdom, write a book about your monumental development process. You are unstable, you should get that checked out. There may be some severe developmental obstruction that you need to overcome.

You are certainly capable, and you go months between being punished. However, you then decide to intentionally break the rules occasionally. So it does not matter if the rules are spelled out or not. You will occasionally decide to ignore them anyway.So why should we put forth an impossible effort to write an endless number of rules for you to ignore?

D

Deleted member 2120

4 months of wisdom, write a book about your monumental development process. You are unstable, you should get that checked out. There may be some severe developmental obstruction that you need to overcome.
What a petty and unneeded insult. Don't worry robbie, I will get your chicken nuggies for you. You want them plain or do you want sauce?

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
What a petty and unneeded insult. Don't worry robbie, I will get your chicken nuggies for you. You want them plain or do you want sauce?
You still never said how we should be more thorough than all those attorneys and spell out every rule. Please enlighten us. And you must be specific.

D

Deleted member 2120

You still never said how we should be more thorough than all those attorneys and spell out every rule. Please enlighten us. And you must be specific.
Pretty sure those who write the laws of the land are smart enough to cover most bases. You are also comparing the laws of an entire nation to the rule page for a community for a 10 year old game.

nuggies.jpeg

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Pretty sure those who write the laws of the land are smart enough to cover most bases. You are also comparing the laws of an entire nation to the rule page for a community for a 10 year old game.
Those aren't laws, they are policies for being part of an organization. So please go on and list the rules. If you list all of the possible rules that should fall under "common sense" I will give you a key. But if another player complains you have to delete your steam account.

D

Deleted member 2120

Those aren't laws, they are policies for being part of an organization. So please go on and list the rules. If you list all of the possible rules that should fall under "common sense" I will give you a key. But if another player complains you have to delete your steam account.
How about you list them so I know that the staff actually know what falls under common sense. This is a problem for the owner and staff to fix. If you guys don't know then I get to have full access to your steam account for 27 hours

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
How about you list them so I know that the staff actually know what falls under common sense. This is a problem for the owner and staff to fix. If you guys don't know then I get to have full access to your steam account for 27 hours
You are the one complaining about it, so the burden is on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 12)

Top Bottom