Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Remove "Smite" RTD effect in Deathrun.

TehSoldierPig

Strange

TSP172

This effect is so annoying in the deathrun map, why?

Here are many reasons why the "Smite" effect sucks:

• Activator dies mid-round (or near the finish) using RTD and annoys the RED team.

• It is very annoying for the two teams when the last living RED person uses RTD to finish the map and dies and cannot revive the RED team

• A person dies with Smite in a significant or distressed part of the map and breaks the map / round.

• Deadly effects like "Suicide", "Explode", "Time Bomb" etc don't kill players anyway, but why "Smite"?

• It is extremely annoying for a player to carry / open something extremely rare (like the Bud card on the Playstation) and die with the "Smite" effect using RTD.

I think this effect should be removed from the Deathrun server or it shouldn't do anything like other deadly effects.

Lerua

Scarcely Lethal
Staff Member

Lerua

Not only smite should be removed, other rtd can ruin the game like:
  • A call from beyond, Fire breath, Madras whistle, Pumpkin trail, Bat swarm and Spawn sentry : Can kill players or/and the death.
  • Spawn sentry/dispenser : Can win easily a minigame or avoid traps by staying on it.
  • Hells reach and Vampire : kill sniper, scout and spy

Last edited:

Lala7586.

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Admin
I disagree.
It's just like you said, players mostly use RTD to get an advantage and finish the map therefore you should also be able to get a disadvantage with smite being the most extreme. RTD is a chance game, if you aren't willing to take the risk, you should not use it. It's not like you need it to finish any map.

However, I do believe that the death should be immune to lethal effects.

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

The Use of RTD comes down to your own risk of gambling for an advantage like lala mentioned above. There's really no point in having such system if you look forward to just rolling to win
A person dies with Smite in a significant or distressed part of the map and breaks the map / round.
I'm not a regular for deahtrun servers so pardon if i'm wrong but how can the effect itself break a map or round if the effect itself simply instantly kills the player on spot, are there "significan or distressed" parts that completely depend on players positioning themselves in a particular way or so?

Ash Shaw

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
I can't speak for the rtd effect (smite) because the devils advocate points are valid but effects like Bat Swarm, Fireball, In some cases Godmode, and Build a Sentry/Dispenser have no place Deathrun's gamemode.

Lerua

Scarcely Lethal
Staff Member

Lerua

I can't speak for the rtd effect (smite) because the devils advocate points are valid but effects like Bat Swarm, Fireball, In some cases Godmode, and Build a Sentry/Dispenser have no place Deathrun's gamemode.
I agree with that.
About smite, Hells reach and vampire, no need to remove these effects, the death just need to be immune to it.

StenRodd

Epic
Staff Member
Necro smash needs to get removed, because it kills and pushes other nearby players who didn't even roll it and die, it ruins player's experience and fun. The user who roll it must get effect by it not nearby runners.

Last edited:

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom