Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No saving points by disconnecting before dying (zombie survival)

Parlov

Unremarkable
Points.

Points are a harmless system for keeping track of player skill, but some players are just downright obsessed over them.

In zs, dying, and losing points, happen less frequently than in other servers, which means that it is easy for players to farm tons of points, leading to the top players raking in TONS of points. (For reference the #1 in the server, @Broboy4803 , owns a whopping 150k.)

However, these point-obsessed players have a crucial flaw in keeping their grubby hands away from grabbing more out of the pockets of the poor f2ps. If they die, they lose 40. To counter this method, they literally disconnect from the server as soon as they sense a slight risk, and rejoin immediately. This allows them to not lose any points and respawn safely in their own spawn. Most of the players in top10 have a BIND that disconnects them from the server. I mean this is ridiculous.

It isn't fair to those who were on the verge of hunting the player down for that sweet bounty and salt, just to have the said player dc and save their points. I believe that this unorthodox way of point hoarding only went unnoticed for such a long time because all of the powerful influencers of this server were all high in the rankings with their towering stack of points, abusing this method to acquire more and not bothering to let staff know about it.

My suggestion:

Take points away from players who disconnect within 5 seconds of taking damage. A simple, yet effective solution.

P.S. some people in the top 30 might try to bury this post (they want to save their points)

edit: a vague suggestion for implementing the said system:

my guess is that if player disconnects within 5 secs of taking dmg

store the disconnected player's id
store the player who last damaged the individual

on the disconnecting player's next login, check if they have "debt" (the system above) and do the normal point math from there using the two player's stored info

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

Ignoring the petty discord argument that ensured, I believe that this idea would be a good one to implement. While points don’t matter as much, to some people they do and they should be penalised if they care so much as to leave.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
I support resetting the points of all the top players just in case. If they play the game they'll just get them back anyway.

spade

Sufficiently Lethal
Staff Member

spade

honestly this is a good suggestion. if you want to care so much about raising a meaningless number just get better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Could you guys please avoid commenting here unless it adds an important point? Dont want to clog up this suggestion thread. If you want to suggest the removal of tfstats, please make a new suggestion.

Chubba

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
Although I'm late to comment on this but honestly I would have to agree with this espiecially the people who value their points make the game less fun overall. "it's just points" but idk about killbinding in zs not as bad as the retry bind but players can still get away with it if they weren't hit by an enemy and I would like to see points get reducted by killbinding. (I'm saying this cause I think other gamemodes when you killbind take away points but haven't seen that in zs)

Last edited:

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 18)

Top Bottom