Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No saving points by disconnecting before dying (zombie survival)

Parlov

Unremarkable
Points.

Points are a harmless system for keeping track of player skill, but some players are just downright obsessed over them.

In zs, dying, and losing points, happen less frequently than in other servers, which means that it is easy for players to farm tons of points, leading to the top players raking in TONS of points. (For reference the #1 in the server, @Broboy4803 , owns a whopping 150k.)

However, these point-obsessed players have a crucial flaw in keeping their grubby hands away from grabbing more out of the pockets of the poor f2ps. If they die, they lose 40. To counter this method, they literally disconnect from the server as soon as they sense a slight risk, and rejoin immediately. This allows them to not lose any points and respawn safely in their own spawn. Most of the players in top10 have a BIND that disconnects them from the server. I mean this is ridiculous.

It isn't fair to those who were on the verge of hunting the player down for that sweet bounty and salt, just to have the said player dc and save their points. I believe that this unorthodox way of point hoarding only went unnoticed for such a long time because all of the powerful influencers of this server were all high in the rankings with their towering stack of points, abusing this method to acquire more and not bothering to let staff know about it.

My suggestion:

Take points away from players who disconnect within 5 seconds of taking damage. A simple, yet effective solution.

P.S. some people in the top 30 might try to bury this post (they want to save their points)

edit: a vague suggestion for implementing the said system:

my guess is that if player disconnects within 5 secs of taking dmg

store the disconnected player's id
store the player who last damaged the individual

on the disconnecting player's next login, check if they have "debt" (the system above) and do the normal point math from there using the two player's stored info

Mr. Walker

Gore-Spattered
Maybe this wouldn't be such a prevalent ""issue"" if you didn't intentionally target people above your place in the ranks?

Oh yeah about that "being allowed to save tons of points" winds up meaning nothing when 40 points takes a huge chunk of points away which is also why you keep targeting peeps for the funnies, so where's the real problem now...

Parlov

Unremarkable
Why is this needed, nobody cares about points?
this goofy ahh mf literally killbinded for 6 mins straight on goldrush just bc you were afraid of being oneshot by me using sneaky pardner cmon bro

you abuse this method to no end, you probably dc like 20 times in one map rotation
reset ur points and ill believe you

Last edited:

Parlov

Unremarkable
Maybe this wouldn't be such a prevalent ""issue"" if you didn't intentionally target people above your place in the ranks?

Oh yeah about that "being allowed to save tons of points" winds up meaning nothing when 40 points takes a huge chunk of points away which is also why you keep targeting peeps for the funnies, so where's the real problem now...
We literally never met on the server before. Besides that, I only slightly target high-rank players because if I kill the noobs first yall are going to kill me lol. I just kill the most dangerous ones first, it's common sense...

Even if someone was theoretically targeting high-rank players, it's their responsibility to fight them off and keep their rank/points... that's what points are for, the status of skill.

Parlov

Unremarkable
The #1 and #2 in points (150k and 100k) are trying to not get this bill passed...
Don't listen to them!!!

Mr. Walker

Gore-Spattered
We literally never met on the server before. Besides that, I only slightly target high-rank players because if I kill the noobs first yall are going to kill me lol. I just kill the most dangerous ones first, it's common sense...

Even if someone was theoretically targeting high-rank players, it's their responsibility to fight them off and keep their rank/points... that's what points are for, the status of skill.
Dude this happens so many times minus the entire shablam being a "theory" lol

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
what a conversation man...
Either way, from a development standpoint, I don't really see how this is not doable.
From an actual feature standpoint... IDK, I'll let others vote on it first, then we'll get it past the higher ups, then I can work on the code for it.

Parlov

Unremarkable
this is a joke forum, just remove this pls, thank you have a good day :)
maldcopeseethe.png

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
alright I think that's enough petty arguing. We'll let others vote on the suggestion, as implementation of this feature would apply BLW-wide and not just for ZS, as the tfstats plugin is a community-wide plugin.

I'll also use this opportunity to drop my opinion:
who TF cares about points? I mean, by creating this thread you obviously care about them enough to suggest such a feature.
To quote a wise developer: "Do we actually need this?"
To quote an even wiser developer: "Doesn't hurt to have."

Parlov

Unremarkable
alright I think that's enough petty arguing. We'll let others vote on the suggestion, as implementation of this feature would apply BLW-wide and not just for ZS, as the tfstats plugin is a community-wide plugin.

I'll also use this opportunity to drop my opinion:
who TF cares about points? I mean, by creating this thread you obviously care about them enough to suggest such a feature.
To quote a wise developer: "Do we actually need this?"
To quote an even wiser developer: "Doesn't hurt to have."
It's a sunny day on goldrush. Round 3.

"Finally! Broboy is a medic spawn…I have a chance of taking 40 and ruining his day >:)",

I mumble under my breath as a new round begins.

I gracefully trot to the first point to find a perfect rock to hide behind.

"This one will do", I proudly exclaim, as the spawn doors are about to open. Of course, I select the "sneaky pardner" perk, which allows me to turn invisible and deal double damage from behind, which can kill a non-juggernaut medic in one hit. I always use this perk to not allow brobot to disconnect before I can plunder his plump pile of points.

Three seconds after the gates open, I press my +attack3. Two seconds later, I go into invis mode. I emerge from my rock just in time to see brobot, frantically staying with the group and looking for me.

"Rats! He's a warden… he'll just summon on me the second I decloak", I grumbled.

My cloak duration was running out, I only had 5 seconds of cloak left, and I needed to think quickly. With flawless movement comparable to the likes of every sweaty spy main combined, I gracefully weave through the web of medics that brobot is hiding in.

I finally see his back, it's a beautiful piss golden, signifying the dirty warden that he is.

I take my aim, and fire.

*BANG*

"bruh this mf rly turned around", I shouted in frustration. "Now all of China knows you're here!" I managed to get one more meatshot in, totaling around 123, but alas, it was too late. Brobot pressed his disconnect bind, just after summoning 2 juggs and 3 normals on me.

Although I had my trusty widowmaker and my MGE Shaaden aim, I tragically fell victim to the brainless E press of brobot. Some random medic ravages me and I lose 15.

Brobot joins back and laughs at me. Ofc he lost 0 points due to the disconnect exploit. Day ruined.

^^reason for my suggestion, this kind of stuff happens daily

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 18)

Top Bottom