Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Medic Bot Glitch/Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nja09

Strange
So on servers such as x10, there is a glitch where you are a medic but have the cosmetics and weapons of the class before you changed to medic.
The way you do it is by typing !afk and jumping at the same time (roughly). Normally, it can be used as a joke, but it can be abused.

Pros:
Health Regen
In some cases, extra health.
More mobility

Cons:
Can't see weapon correctly
In some cases, less health.

It can be abused with any class, as if it was a randomizer server.
If someone could check this out and fix this, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Here are some screenshots. Notice how this is NOT a randomizer server:
20160803162350_1.jpg
20160803161911_1.jpg

~nja09

Dirakia

Positively Inhumane
tbh, i generally am against all that !afk thingy...
Not only do you get (in case of TF20) an aimbot Syringe Gun, but also are you wasting Server Slots where other ACTIVE players could play
I cant count how many palyers ive kicked cause they were AFK for like 15 minutes or longer while some of my friends cant join due to reserved slots or completely full server

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Back in operation panda... there used to be an AFK manager, and it was VERY useful to be honest... Yes, as a regular player you may go pee or get some food very quickly, so that's why it was around 3~5 mins long before it kicks and inactive player (except donors, VIPs, And admins/owners).

and i think the same should happen in every other server... since, as @Dirakia mentioned, having active players (generally speaking) is going to make the game much better, because you are ALWAYS fighting against actual people, and not bots.
sooo.. you can... have more fun i guess....
The thing is... having an afk bot isn't really that good...
having an afk manager would be a better solution.

Btw why do we even have an afk bot? i'm confused as always :-DDDDDDDDD

Edit: i do believe we can somehow be able to put the afk manager and afk bot at the same time...
just... add a line of code that if certain time has passed from the moment that player used the afk bot, he will be automatically kicked. (ofc you can do this if the afk manager can't function because the player's charecter is moving, so it won't actually kick him)

honestly idk how will both of them will be added xddddddddd if you can't add both of them just add the afk manager :b
but good luck bune :3 i know you can do eeeet, i believe in uuuuuu c:

Last edited:

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Back in operation panda... there used to be an AFK manager, and it was VERY useful to be honest... Yes, as a regular player you may go pee or get some food very quickly, so that's why it was around 3~5 mins long before it kicks and inactive player (except donors, VIPs, And admins/owners).

and i think the same should happen in every other server... since, as @Dirakia mentioned, having active players (generally speaking) is going to make the game much better, because you are ALWAYS fighting against actual people, and not bots.
sooo.. you can... have more fun i guess....
The thing is... having an afk bot isn't really that good...
having an afk manager would be a better solution.

Btw why do we even have an afk bot? i'm confused as always :-DDDDDDDDD

Edit: i do believe we can somehow be able to put the afk manager and afk bot at the same time...
just... add a line of code that if certain time has passed from the moment that player used the afk bot, he will be automatically kicked. (ofc you can do this if the afk manager can't function because the player's charecter is moving, so it won't actually kick him)

honestly idk how will both of them will be added xddddddddd if you can't add both of them just add the afk manager :b
but good luck bune :3 i know you can do eeeet, i believe in uuuuuu c:

Would much prefer to have the afk guy in spawn become a medic bot and heal me rather than get moved to spec, and everyone have 1 less target to shoot at.

Better to have players able to play, rather than them all get bored for having no one to play against because afk. Afk manager and afk kicking is annoying imo.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Would much prefer to have the afk guy in spawn become a medic bot and heal me rather than get moved to spec, and everyone have 1 less target to shoot at.

Better to have players able to play, rather than them all get bored for having no one to play against because afk. Afk manager and afk kicking is annoying imo.
well shit that's an other convincing point of view.... sooooooooo what do we do now xD ?

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
well shit that's an other convincing point of view.... sooooooooo what do we do now xD ?

Leave it as it is because only one other server I know of has an afk bot function. Far more useful and diverse than simply moving to spec or kicking, which is counter productive in terms of filling servers and providing a better playing environment.

Dirakia

Positively Inhumane

Then go on singleplayer and play against bots, wont change anything since you dont play against "real" palyers ._.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Then go on singleplayer and play against bots, wont change anything since you dont play against "real" palyers ._.

Me, 17 real people, and 1/2 AFK bot(s).
Seems fine to me.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
i mean... it's a really big difference between one~four AFK bots and the whole server being bots.... soooo that's a thing :b

it's just about will we disable it or replace it with afk manager or not.... still idk what should we do :b

Last edited:

Mr.Coolman

Strange
i mean... it's a really big difference between one/two AFK bots and the whole server being bots.... soooo that's a thing :b

it's just about will we disable it or replace it with afk manager or not.... still idk what should we do :b
I think that you need to keep the afk menager. It is useful. Also when you die when doing that glitch you get back to normal medic.

Mr.Coolman

Strange
[QUOTE="2010wolf CURSED panda Obp, post: 3565, member: 796"

However, hopefully in the near future we will know what to do about the afk bot and the afk manager.[/QUOTE]
Alrighty then, I hope the best for you.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
So... the length of the AFK manager should be around 3~6~10 mins before it decides to kick a player. (idk how long will it be, soooo we will decide later when it's going to be installed.)
Keep in mind that the AFK manager will only target regular players, meaning it will not target Donors, VIPs, Admins, Owners.

The servers that i think needs the AFK manager are:

Surf - Because it would take a slot from someone that might join....

Slender - Because bots in slender won't even be able to collect the pages, as well as it takes one slot from someone that might help out the team to win the round.

Deathrun - Because it would be boring if that afk player was selected as death.... it will nullify the purpose of the game.

Jailbreak - As obvious as it is, it's not a good thing to have an afk in a game mode where you must always be on.

MGE - Same reason for the surf

VSH/saxton hale - Because it would be a waste of time when that afk player just become hale.
As well as these afks take a slot... keep in mind that most of the time, the VSH servers are full... so ya... that's that.

Trade servers - Because there are actually TOO many afk players that i have seen there, and they have been afk for such a long time.... it would be good to have the afk manager to make some space for people that will actually want to trade... or just be active on the server.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom