Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Map Adder/Updater/Fixer/Removal thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
ADDER
If there is a map you want to see played in our servers, follow these instructions:

1. What's the map's name?

2. What's so good about that map that you want us to add it?

3. Give us a few screenshots about the map so we can see how it looks like.

4. What game mode is that map for?

5. Give us the link to download that map.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
UPDATER
If there is a map that you know that there is an updated version of it, you can give us the link to the map and we will try and add it to the servers rotations. But follow these instructions:

1. what's the map name?

2. what's the updated version of the map's name?

3. tell us what's new in that new version of the map. (if needed)

4. What's the game mode?

5. Give us the link to the updated version of that map.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
FIXER
If there is a map that is actually a really good/decent map, but it has a really big flaw(s) in it, that the players can exploit it easily or play in an unfair way against the hale, or the opposite, and you want this map's big flaw to be fixed or you think it could be easily fixed, follow these instructions.

1. what's the map name?

2. What's the part or big flaw does this map has? and how does it affect the gameplay? and how do you suggest us to fix it? (You must show screenshots or a demo of the "area or place" that you think has an issue in the map)

3. is there is an updated version of the map? (if so, give us the link)

4. what game mode is that?

5. give us a way to contact the creator of this map so we can ask him if we can edit it to fix this flaw or will he do it him self. (it would be even better if you contacted the creator and asked him yourself and waited for his response, so it can be easier for us)

6. tell us any more info that you think we need to know.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
REMOVAL
If there is a map you think that should be removed from out servers, follow these instructions:

1. What's the map's name?

2. Why should we remove it?

3. is there is an updated version of the map?

4. What's the game mode?

5. tell us other things that we may need to know about that map.(IF needed)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So i thought of this idea because there are really annoying or shitty maps that are in the servers rotations.
and thus it should be removed.
As well as keeping the maps up-to-date so the players can enjoy our servers to the fullest.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
try to follow this example:

REMOVAL
1. jail_italia_b1_tf2jail

2. Because it doesn't have minigames... okay it may have some but they are only 7... which is soooo damn small. considering that other maps have around 12 or even more.
As well as it lacks some CORE minigames, like sweeper, 9 squares, fallgame, deathrun and others more...
The only minigames that are in this map are " Theater, Obby, Disco, Pool, a luck minigame, soccer, and a Volleyball which doesn't even work in the first place.
The map is very poorly made, considering that other maps have the mariokart, 9 squares, fall game, sweeper(which is almost in every map), Jump rope, deathrun, etc....

3. No, i have searched gamebanana and TF2maps, and even google... and i couldn't find an updated version of the map.

4.Jailbreak

I hope that this map can be removed as soon as possible.
################################################
Should i put this as a sticky thread? and tag it as "read me" ???

Last edited:

Unicake

Truly Feared
Mapper
If you think about it, 90% of blu players aren't good at stuff like this due to them being (as Jim would call it) "tards" most of the time.

Understandable but still the Blu's fault

I just found it too easy to rebel and hard to get used too.

You must have played on a1, breakables were too easy to break in that version but also Blus didnt pay attention or didn't know about the Back breakable. I haven't seen anyone even guarding it on the Balcony place. In a2/3 I added an Extra door leading to balcony and Blus started using that spot.

Sometimes I cant even tell where I'm going lol

Map doesn't have any Waypoints to Minigames so that's understandable, but after more exploring and more playtime on the map it should be clear where minigames are. If you think about it did anyone know where minigames were in for example Complex or Simple when they were first added?
People just need to spend more time on the map and they'll eventually understand where the minigames are.

D

Deleted member 2049

Understandable but still the Blu's fault

You must have played on a1, breakables were too easy to break in that version but also Blus didnt pay attention or didn't know about the Back breakable. I haven't seen anyone even guarding it on the Balcony place. In a2/3 I added an Extra door leading to balcony and Blus started using that spot.

Map doesn't have any Waypoints to Minigames so that's understandable, but after more exploring and more playtime on the map it should be clear where minigames are. If you think about it did anyone know where minigames were in for example Complex or Simple when they were first added?
People just need to spend more time on the map and they'll eventually understand where the minigames are.
I wouldn't mind spending more time on the map to give you some suggestions, but something is needed for directions around the map for sure.

Chanka

Truly Feared

Chanka

I just found it too easy to rebel and hard to get used too. Sometimes I cant even tell where I'm going lol

Yeah it's easy for blues to lose reds and for reds to get lost on accident lol. I remember the warden told us to go to climb and it took me a solid two minutes to find it, blues didn't even notice I was gone and I didn't notice they were gone. It's just going to take time for everyone to learn the layout that's all, it's different from other maps yes but it's not impossible to learn.

Unicake

Truly Feared
Mapper
Yeah it's easy for blues to lose reds and for reds to get lost on accident lol. I remember the warden told us to go to climb and it took me a solid two minutes to find it, blues didn't even notice I was gone and I didn't notice they were gone. It's just going to take time for everyone to learn the layout that's all, it's different from other maps yes but it's not impossible to learn.

Yes, The layout is pretty different from other maps as the cell area isn't in the middle of the map surrounded by minigames, but people should learn where everything is quickly, as each place has a different style and buildings, for example Climb and arena are around the construction feel place.

If we're on the topic of the layout I want to point out a misconception that the map is "huge" while it really isn't. it's the same size as Mlcastle and Wildwest, a solid map size.
20180830152930_3.jpg

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

Jim is a Chretien fanboy, let it be known that he likes bad maps.

Also the only one on there that would or should be removed could be district but that’s just because it’s hard to navigate and find where mini games are, which is a simple fix. All the other maps are fine and don’t really have any glaring issues. Map playtime can literally be tied to where it is on the rtv menu because most people mindlessly press 1. Also
>cavernjail’s working version has been out for 2 days it doesn’t have as much playtime as a map that’s been out for years reeee and nobody knows the secrets because once again it’s been out for literally 2 days reee

Like you know that’s how secrets work on legit any map right? When it first releases only the creator knows the secrets because that’s how the stupid ass game works you dumb communist

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Jim is a Chretien fanboy, let it be known that he likes bad maps.

Also the only one on there that would or should be removed could be district but that’s just because it’s hard to navigate and find where mini games are, which is a simple fix. All the other maps are fine and don’t really have any glaring issues. Map playtime can literally be tied to where it is on the rtv menu because most people mindlessly press 1. Also
>cavernjail’s working version has been out for 2 days it doesn’t have as much playtime as a map that’s been out for years reeee and nobody knows the secrets because once again it’s been out for literally 2 days reee

Like you know that’s how secrets work on legit any map right? When it first releases only the creator knows the secrets because that’s how the stupid ass game works you dumb communist
Logically tell me why pressing multiple tiles on the map in order that look identical to every other tile that also do not give any indication that they aren't a normal tile when pressed is a secret anyone could figure out if they weren't the map maker.

Unicake

Truly Feared
Mapper
Logically tell me why pressing multiple tiles on the map in order that look identical to every other tile that also do not give any indication that they aren't a normal tile when pressed is a secret anyone could figure out if they weren't the map maker.

Logically tell me why pressing multiple trees on the map in order that look identical to every other tree that also do not give any indication that they aren't a normal tree when pressed is a secret anyone could figure out if they weren't the map maker
20180727001018_1.jpg

Oops i guess we just know that stuff in mlcastle because it just popped into our heads, not because people played it over time, realised it and learnt it , nah forget about district that shit is just pure 900 iq riddles only the map maker will know it forever, i mean hitting the tree is really obvious that it activates a secret innit, i will make sure to add a tree so you don't remove my map please
pobrane (20).jpg

Also don't expect to learn shit if you're just going to join the server and rtv automatically.

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Logically tell me why pressing multiple trees on the map in order that look identical to every other tree that also do not give any indication that they aren't a normal tree when pressed is a secret anyone could figure out if they weren't the map maker
The trees beep when pressed. They do give an indication when pressed.

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

So like how every other map does secrets

Unicake

Truly Feared
Mapper
The trees beep when pressed. They do give an indication when pressed.

Literally every breakable in District has a stone crushing/wood breaking noise just like ANY breakable in the game because THE BREAKABLES MAKE A SPECIFIC NOISE WHEN HIT IN ANY SOURCE GAME UNLESS SET TO SILENT

Unicake

Truly Feared
Mapper
REMOVAL
If there is a map you think that should be removed from out servers, follow these instructions:

1. What's the map's name? jb_quake, jb_district, jb_cavernjail

2. Why should we remove it? Quake is just a poor unoriginal map aside from the textures. District and cavernjail are poorly designed, favor random crits and corriders and some games are just not doable as certain classes. The map makers for these two maps have also added in illogical secrets with unfair bonuses (opening prison exit and ammo packs) that are behind convuluted "puzzles" that only the map makers who play on our servers know about to use. There are also nodraw errors if you get too close to some walls.

3. is there is an updated version of the map? No

4. What's the game mode? Jailbreak

5. tell us other things that we may need to know about that map.(IF needed) These maps are played significantly less than the others if you look at the time played per map stats and make people disconnect when they are selected.

Hyped

Rage Inducing
The map is really well made, all that’s needed is a bit of optimisation but all in all it’s great. When you play more of it becomes easy for reds to be caught trying to rebel.
It shouldn’t be removed.

pocket

Strange
btw pls don't remove jb_district its really good to keep as if you think about it ,it will make more players play jailbreak as there is more to it and they wont get bored as there is a whole map to learn its mini games, secrets and ammo spots which will make players play for a lot longer also the jailbreak community needs harder mini games as people are finding other maps really easy like look at Chretien its obby is so easy to do and doesn't challenge people so they wont play that map a lot but unlike jb_district which is hard but not impossible

gusic

Scarcely Lethal

gusic

UPDATER

1. ba_cavernjail_v1f

2. ba_cavernjail_v2a

3. Major improvements regarding the prison exit and armory that are favorable towards the guard team, made the cell breakables very easy to notice for both teams, removed some rocks, crates and a pillar to make the map more open, increased the health of armory and secret ammo breakables along with other adjustments.

4. Jailbreak

5. https://gamebanana.com/maps/201390

Talerian

Strange
UPDATER

TRADE_MINECRAFT_NEON V182

TRADE_MINECRAFT_NEON_V183_a24

CHANGELOG IS HERE: https://pastebin.com/gFhi25Ji
trade_minecraft_neon_183

-Party mode has been removed from Doomsday to prevent double party mode
-The skybox creeper now has a clip over it to prevent people from getting stuck on it
-You can no longer teletrap people in the stickybomb trap
-Storage now leads to the old version of cave, which has replaced the placeholder version.
-The End ban hammer has been replaced with a capture point, allows ONLY the team that owns it to reach the doomsday buttons. [a team must cap for doomsday to be completable!]
-The cake room now has an uber powerup (lasts 1.3x longer than krits, but has twice the cooldown [6min])
-The ruined house in the end has been patched
-Skeletons no longer spawn during halloween. Also added another skeleton king to the regular zombie invasion.
-Players can no longer build in mid air as the tnt cannon activates
-Nether lava pool greatly reduced to increase map space
-Shading overlays added to dirt maze entrance
-Reduced the unneededly large size of the final nether parkour trap
-Added clips over some boxing ring and donorroom stairs to make movement smoother
-After the secret bookcase closes and the top roof exit is sealed, you will be able to teleport back to spawn simply by touching the closed bookcase, to prevent getting trapped.
-Made it impossible to place stickies in certain places near spawn to prevent an exploit
-tidied up pit spawn entrance
- fixed everything in this album
-added everything in this album

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lksdj8r4k145f9l/trade_minecraft_neon_v183_a24.bsp?dl=0

Hyped

Rage Inducing
REMOVAL
(I don’t know how to use colours I apologise sincerely)
What map should we remove?: jb_cavernjail
Why should we remove it?:
I’m going to be fair and try to be mature about this, giving constructive critiscm towards the map creator.
First off the map is poorly designed in terms of map layout and design, the overall aesthetic is ugly and multiple props just clutter the map and the mini games are often disguised in a sense as there is no way of differentiation. The cells are unusually large. The hallways maybe a bit wide but blues are at an incredible disadvantage when reds move, as wardens can be easily rushed and guards can’t position themselves at an efficient angle to do their job.
Secondly the balance is unreal in many situations, during warday camping in theatre (I think it’s called that, like I said you can’t identify the mini games ) heavily favours blues as Uber’s care inefficient due to the clustered design overall. In many circumstances the disorganisation of many mini games, especially that pretentious positioning of obby. Leads to just unfair instances of guards being killed unfairly or rebels being killed easily.

All in all I do not understand how this map was implemented, not to be rude but where’s the quality control man.

What game mode is this: Jailbrek

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
UPDATER

TRADE_MINECRAFT_NEON V182

TRADE_MINECRAFT_NEON_V183_a24

CHANGELOG IS HERE: https://pastebin.com/gFhi25Ji
trade_minecraft_neon_183

-Party mode has been removed from Doomsday to prevent double party mode
-The skybox creeper now has a clip over it to prevent people from getting stuck on it
-You can no longer teletrap people in the stickybomb trap
-Storage now leads to the old version of cave, which has replaced the placeholder version.
-The End ban hammer has been replaced with a capture point, allows ONLY the team that owns it to reach the doomsday buttons. [a team must cap for doomsday to be completable!]
-The cake room now has an uber powerup (lasts 1.3x longer than krits, but has twice the cooldown [6min])
-The ruined house in the end has been patched
-Skeletons no longer spawn during halloween. Also added another skeleton king to the regular zombie invasion.
-Players can no longer build in mid air as the tnt cannon activates
-Nether lava pool greatly reduced to increase map space
-Shading overlays added to dirt maze entrance
-Reduced the unneededly large size of the final nether parkour trap
-Added clips over some boxing ring and donorroom stairs to make movement smoother
-After the secret bookcase closes and the top roof exit is sealed, you will be able to teleport back to spawn simply by touching the closed bookcase, to prevent getting trapped.
-Made it impossible to place stickies in certain places near spawn to prevent an exploit
-tidied up pit spawn entrance
- fixed everything in this album
-added everything in this album
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lksdj8r4k145f9l/trade_minecraft_neon_v183_a24.bsp?dl=0
Hello,
I'm unable to download this map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom