Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LR Ideas

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Since @Jim made a thread about LR ideas and supposedly everyone had a bunch of there own. I decided to tidy it up a bit.

Post any LR ideas below please, make sure to include a name and the details of what it will be about.

And for the love of god, please actually think about what you post.

It was messy. (And I asked Will)

thelonelysoysauce

Sufficiently Lethal
music day where music plays form the game

fig.gif

normie

Totally Ordinary
Fat Scouts - Warday except everybody is a heavy and their only weapons are a shotgun or their melee

Egg

Eggstremely Eggceptional
Mole man day! Everybody has there torsos resized to 0.25 and they just run around having fun.
Second idea is Giraffe Day, everybody has their torsos resized to 3 and they just run around.
Third idea is Party Mode, everyone rapidly changes colors and if possible some kind of music could be playing. All three of them are meant to be freedays but I guess Mole man day and Giraffe day are optional but best as freedays.

(Special thanks to Ducklurch for giving me the sizes)

Last edited:
Raid boss day

Spawns two random Halloween bosses, and reds and blues must work together to defeat both.

Both teams get ammo and the bosses are randomly spawned somewhere on the map. The max level of the bosses would be 2?

Chanka

Truly Feared

Chanka

Player controlled boss?

I just watched a wicked made SFM named Spy's disguise and the Transformer Engineer gave me that idea. Why not select a random player on the server to become a boss? He/she would have friendly fire on for themselves (while all the other players couldn't hurt each other, including reds vs blues) and would be turned into Big Hoss (I will refer to the player as Hoss from now on).

Characteristics/stats:
-Hoss would have HHH (Headless Horseless Horseman) sized health;
-I was thinking size wise Hoss would be triple the size of a normal engineer (after all in the SFM its an engineer who controls the suit);
-Dual miniguns (primary fire) as in the animation for maximal firepower;
-Quad barrel rocket launcher (secondary fire) that can fire a volley of 4 rockets in rapid succession, after that the launcher goes on a 4 second cooldown;
-A booster pack (double jump would be used to engage the boost) that would allow Hoss to quickly cross open grounds, 5 seconds of travel at the double speed of a scout, cooldown would last 10 seconds;
-Hoss would be able to move only at the speed of a firing heavy (unless he is using his booster of course) to give the other players a chance to fall back and regroup;
-Hoss's secondary would be a jetpack so he/she can reach a areas where his prey might be hiding, single jump boost with the cooldown and mobility of the Thermal thruster;
-Hoss would be immune to backstabs to keep the idea of a walking tank;
-Hoss's dual miniguns would be constantly spun up thus not having the need to spin up before firing (I would suggest changing or removing the spun up minigun sound as it would be irritating to the controlling player to constantly hear the sound);
-Hoss can fire his/her miniguns for 7 seconds before an overheat occurs effectively stopping him/her from using the miniguns for 3 seconds;
-Since spies can't backstab I was thinking of giving spies the opportunity to either help their team by a huge amount or die horribly, spies can use their sapper to temporarily disable all of Hoss's movement for 3 seconds, after which Hoss could look around and fire but not move, after 4 more seconds Hoss would regain total control once more;
-Hoss would obviously have infinite ammo;
-Hoss can't jump or crouch to further limit his mobility.

Changes to all other players:
-blues don't get crits >->;
-reds are can freely enter armory;
-collisions would be turned off to prevent trolls from blocking others in/out of areas;

Mind you all the numbers you see above are my idea and can be changed for balance purposes.
Possible questions you might ask:
-But doesn't he sound overpowered? Yes, yes he does and that's the point. Make an overpowered killing machine that has to be taken out using teamwork;
-But can Hoss spawn kill people? No because Hoss would be spawned away from cell area (location not yet specified);
-Does Hoss have a meele? Yes, his fists;
-Why did you put so much effort into something that will most likely be declined? Because Big Hoss might not live, but it might give the staff an idea for other possible LR's. Also who wouldn't want to be/fight a 12 foot hunk of metal with the ability to turn others into swiss cheese and meatballs at the same time.

I would gladly appreciate and suggestions you all have for this wonderful idea I made.

To-do list:
-refine Hoss's armaments and jetpack;
-put Big Hoss idea into a separate post as a Freak Fortress suggestion;
-mark the LR version as ''Scrapped''.

P.S. here's the Big Hoss in action:

And the second part:

Edit 1 (August 16th): Added new Characteristic for Hoss ''Overheat''

Edit 2 (August 17th): Added ''To-do list''

Last edited:

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Player controlled boss?

I just watched a wicked made SFM named Spy's disguise and the Transformer Engineer gave me that idea. Why not select a random player on the server to become a boss? He/she would have friendly fire on for themselves (while all the other players couldn't hurt each other, including reds vs blues) and would be turned into Big Hoss (I will refer to the player as Hoss from now on).

Characteristics/stats:
-Hoss would have HHH (Headless Horseless Horseman) sized health;
-I was thinking size wise Hoss would be triple the size of a normal engineer (after all in the SFM its an engineer who controls the suit);
-Dual miniguns (primary fire) as in the animation for maximal firepower;
-Quad barrel rocket launcher (secondary fire) that can fire a volley of 4 rockets in rapid succession, after that the launcher goes on a 4 second cooldown;
-A booster pack (double jump would be used to engage the boost) that would allow Hoss to quickly cross open grounds, 5 seconds of travel at the double speed of a scout, cooldown would last 10 seconds;
-Hoss would be able to move only at the speed of a firing heavy (unless he is using his booster of course) to give the other players a chance to fall back and regroup;
-Hoss's secondary would be a jetpack so he/she can reach a areas where his prey might be hiding, single jump boost with the cooldown and mobility of the Thermal thruster;
-Hoss would be immune to backstabs to keep the idea of a walking tank;
-Hoss's dual miniguns would be constantly spun up thus not having the need to spin up before firing (I would suggest changing or removing the spun up minigun sound as it would be irritating to the controlling player to constantly hear the sound);
-Since spies can't backstab I was thinking of giving spies the opportunity to either help their team by a huge amount or die horribly, spies can use their sapper to temporarily disable all of Hoss's movement for 3 seconds, after which Hoss could look around and fire but not move, after 4 more seconds Hoss would regain total control once more;
-And Hoss would obviously have infinite ammo;
-Hoss can't jump or crouch to further limit his mobility.

Changes to all other players:
-blues don't get crits >->;
-reds are can freely enter armory;
-collisions would be turned off to prevent trolls from blocking others in/out of areas;

Mind you all the numbers you see above are my idea and can be changed for balance purposes.
Possible questions you might ask:
-But doesn't he sound overpowered? Yes, yes he does and that's the point. Make an overpowered killing machine that has to be taken out using teamwork;
-But can Hoss spawn kill people? No because Hoss would be spawned away from cell area (location not yet specified);
-Does Hoss have a meele? Yes, his fists;
-Why did you put so much effort into something that will most likely be declined? Because Big Hoss might not live, but it might give the staff an idea for other possible LR's. Also who wouldn't want to be/fight a 12 foot hunk of metal with the ability to turn others into swiss cheese and meatballs at the same time.

I would gladly appreciate and suggestions you all have for this wonderful idea I made.

P.S. here's the Big Hoss in action:

And the second part:

Sounds like a cool idea for Freak Fortress, but it sounds kind of overpowered for an LR. Freak Fortress gives non-hale players some extra bonuses to help combat the hale, but Jailbreak does no such thing. Hales that have projectiles tend to only have them as a rage, while the primary fire for Hoss is a neverending ranged attack.

It sounds fun, but it needs a little tweaking.

Chanka

Truly Feared

Chanka

Sounds like a cool idea for Freak Fortress, but it sounds kind of overpowered for an LR. Freak Fortress gives non-hale players some extra bonuses to help combat the hale, but Jailbreak does no such thing. Hales that have projectiles tend to only have them as a rage, while the primary fire for Hoss is a neverending ranged attack.

It sounds fun, but it needs a little tweaking.

Yeah I guess it is a bit nuts for an LR, as you said it might be better for Freak fortress but then again I don't play that game mode so I don't know. Either way its a fun idea but I didn't think out all the details.

pocket

Strange
Purge day
I think there should be a purge day like Midas day but you get your own weapons and everyone kill each other

ShotMisser

Truly Feared
Guess who the killer day or IDK

-One of the player be the "something"
-try to prove his innocent till end of the round
-if not,he/she need to kill every guard to win
-before the lr start,blu need to gather the reds in one area or somewhere
-The "something" had ammo
-If the "something" confess just kill him
-If the guard have wrong guess 3 times,they fail
-the red/prisoners might help him kill the guard
-the reds still need to follow the warden rule
-if the guard lose,they dead or just normal TF2 lose
-the round timer still the same

Perhaps someone gonna fix some of my issues here but this is my random idea

Just change "something" to your liking.(And also why I post it here)

Top Bottom