Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[JB] Semi's Map Feedback Thread

Hello, I have made a lot of maps, too many in fact and I've been meaning on doing a bunch of housekeeping on some of them. However I want to make sure I am catching all the issues on these maps so that's where y'all come in. Simply leave whatever feedback you have for a map, it can be for any map I've made no matter the age. It can be literally whatever you want, from tiny details such as a misaligned texture that has been bugging you, a new minigame or two, a quality of life change you'd like to see, or just a funny secret. This will likely be the last update ever for most of these maps, so I'd appreciate any and all comments and suggestions.

Here is a list of all maps I am looking for feedback on:

jb_bootcamp_v6_beta
jb_8bit_v6/v6_night
jb_supermario_v16c
jb_stormfront_v6_fix2
jb_spy_vs_spy_v2a (only bugfixes and balancing for this one)
jb_xmf_v3
jb_colors_v1a
jb_carcerem_v4a
jb_oranger_v1c
jb_nightshift_v2

These maps I am not looking to update:

jb_orange_final (replaced by jb_oranger)
jb_orange_event_v3 (replaced by jb_oranger)
jb_toxic_v2 (joke map)

A list of pending changes can be found here

Thank you in advance.

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

spy_vs_spy: not sure if it falls under bugfix but I think it would be nice if a player clip was added to the teleport destination of surf so you don't just fly out to your death if you get teleported too early

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
And I'm gonna mention it now, the dodgeball in spy_vs_spy is bugged & you can throw the balls outside of the game and instakill people outside of it. I would also suggest a few more things;
  1. Make bhop platforms last slightly longer, right now its really fast which isnt unreasonable since the minigame is rarely played, but it does make it grueling when its done with more than 4 ish people. Also the whole 'trolling people by getting rid of the last platforms right before they land on them' thing but thats a inherent issue with bhop as a minigame
  2. Add a 2nd deathcrate to deathcrate. No reason. :)

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
As for my personal favorite JB maps (despite its issues), jb_bootcamp:
Add a gate to prevent players from speedrunning deathrun before it even starts or lets warden even restrict speedrunning (which isnt a big issue here, but might be in other servers)
Shrinking down soccer slightly would also be nice, its just imo overly big & makes it either too easy or too hard depending on what class you're playing
D-Day could use some balancing in general, to be honest most wardens dont even play it. From personal experience, even with a medic who can heal, the minigame is very, very hard to finish & often requires alot of strategy & cordination from red team (which is incredibly rare)
Adding more static props to the hallways would be nice. Would also help with red snipers (slightly)

The first of the ten maps has been updated and quite honestly its probably the most underwhelming of the bunch.

And no this isn't all I've been working on, here's a sneak peak of some other things I've been working on.

NOTE: All screenshots were taken in hammer and are WIP, the maps will look much better in-game and when they are finished.

a7d54b2fa58fb36c6dd4e5355d5233e3.jpg

0c3fcb4a9be1f637acd7e26c497cd08e.png

ab1e2f9a869ba00f9beb756bfa542811.jpg

I am also still taking suggestions for all my maps and will continue to throughout this project. If you are curious about the status of a map you can check this trello page.

jb_colors has been updated to v2.

The next maps in the pipeline are likely to be jb_oranger and jb_supermario, but just a reminder it is still not too late to leave suggestions on any of my maps including any that may have already been updated. I have also recently been given permission to work on a large update for jb_underjail so if you have any suggestions for that map feel free to leave them as well.

You can keep up with my progress on all my map updates here.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Could you make the start of round fog effect on nightshift a little more consistent? It seems like it's currently set to clear once a player enters the cell area (haven't decompiled the map myself though so not 100% on that), which while cinematic is a bit inconvenient on LR days using alternate spawns. Everybody just has to stumble around through the dark until someone reaches cells.
There also seem to be times where the fog doesn't trigger at all.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom