Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved [Jailbreak] The Bhop Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentApple50

Strange
Hello, so I've recently started playing your jailbreak servers because of the unique activites and rules it has to offer, and my overall connection to the server is great. However, as my play time rises, I have encountered a problem with the bhop plugin.

Whenever I jump after moving forward for a very short distance, I lose all my momentum. The reason why I move such a short distance is because I am in an obstacle course where there are small platforms to stand or jump on. This causes me to make no distance when jumping forward, causing me to die because I cannot reach the next platform.

My solution is to be able to disable or enable the bhop ability for the player and that player only, or fix that glitch entirely.

Please let me know what you think, have a nice day!

P.S: This is my first post :3

Drax

Deadpool

Drax

I love the Bhop plugin to death and I have never encountered this problem, however it doesn't hurt me if someone else wants to disable it so I see no reason why this shouldn't be added.

DC Chroma

Sufficiently Lethal
I've encountered this problems for a few times now. I thought about this before and swept it as just server lag cause I've played on the LA Jailbreak. However, when Bene changed all of the LA server's IP, I would have thought it would be gone but alas I died because I lost all momentum immediately after making the jump.

I'm guessing that it happens whenever you make a 'mistake' while doing it.

D

Deleted member 2120

Its annoying but you just have to deal with it. The bhop plugin makes Jailbreak far more fun and unpredictable. In my opinion, it should stay.

Edit: By annoying I mean the laggy jump thing.

AgentApple50

Strange
I love the bhop plugin myself as well, but it can be a little problematic for me at times, which is why I suggest adding the ability to enable or disable bhop at any time for that player only.

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I think the bhop plugin should just be fixed, I mean, in deathrun it's really broken and unfair for death...

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

I think the bhop plugin should just be fixed, I mean, in deathrun it's really broken and unfair for death...

Tbh in deathrun it's ok imo but that fact that people are allowed to skip traps by using bhop, that's just a horrible thing imo.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

This thread is not about deathrun. But the whole point of bhop there is to get past traps. It makes the game not as boring as it would be without it, the death has to be quicker to catch people and the players have to be more skillful. A good death can still easily win on most maps.
Our deathrun is more Counter Strike like and that's a good thing. There could be other versions of it where for example your max jumping height is lowered greatly or one where it's not autobhop but has the same mechanics if you manage to time the jumps. The current one is still not bad though.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

This thread is not about deathrun. But the whole point of bhop there is to get past traps. It makes the game not as boring as it would be without it, the death has to be quicker to catch people and the players have to be more skillful. A good death can still easily win on most maps.
Our deathrun is more Counter Strike like and that's a good thing. There could be other versions of it where for example your max jumping height is lowered greatly or one where it's not autobhop but has the same mechanics if you manage to time the jumps. The current one is still not bad though.

Thing is getting someone stuck in a trap when they have picked up some momentum with bhop is great and easy if you try hard enough (and it's actually possible) but catching someone who is using bhop to jump over the trap or beside it isn't fun for anyone (not to mention it's next to impossible to catch those people)

But yeah I know the thread isn't about dr but I saw a dr related comment so I wanted to respond on that.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
The issue here is that when someone cancels their jump midair (by for instance pressing S after a forward jump) but doesn't have a button pressed when they land to override their now-low momentum, jumping again too quickly will make the server think they are trying to bhop, and multiply the speed they have when they land by 1.05, or whatever the value is set at right now. Of course, their momentum will be next to 0 since they've cancelled it, and next to 0 multiplied by 1.05 is still next to 0.

The window for 'activating bhop' is just a fraction of a second, I think between 1/7 and 1/10 or so right now. Since the player has stopped their momentum and not waited out this fraction-of-a-second timer, they won't be able to do a normal jump until the timer resets. But in your example, this is detrimental because the platform will dissapear if they wait that long.

But knowing why this happens doesn't matter anymore! All players will have access to sm_bhop_enabled 1/0 (or some modified version of that), which will enable or disable bhop for the individual player, respectably. This will probably be in effect by sometime next week, and you'll most likely be able to find the command in Benedevil's changelog when that happens, though I will post it here too.

Last edited:

AgentApple50

Strange
All players will have access to sm_bhop_enabled 1/0 (or some modified version of that), which will enable or disable bhop for the individual player, respectably. This will probably be in effect by sometime next week, and you'll most likely be able to find the command in Benedevil's changelog when that happens, though I will post it here too.

Awesome! This is perfect! Thank you for doing this, it will help me and im sure other players out a ton, thanks!

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
It's not done yet after all - owner out of town. A very easy fix has been found for the problem anyhow, and depending on when and how much time will be spent (by @Benedevil ) on actually applying it, there's a chance that the fix will just be implemented on its own - meaning it'll be without players having the option to individually toggle bhop. Not sure yet, but bear with us since it's definitely still a change in progress and not forgotten.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
New command on jailbreak: sm_bhop, available to all players. This will simply toggle whether or not the player's movement will be affected by the bhop plugin, and is enabled by default. This is not autobhop.

As with all other sourcemod commands, can naturally also be toggled through chat with /bhop or !bhop.

Might have to wait for a map change or server restart before the changes come into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom