Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jailbreak, but 64 players?

Real Darkness Owl

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Hello, very recently, this caught my eye that skial.tf did try to override the max players from 32 max players to 64.

However, please take a grain of salt, since this is very new for Team Fortress 2.

There is a package for "No-MvM" which works for any gamemode.
- Reduce server CPU usage by ~50%
- Extra players slots (Like max players for example)
- Interact with SourceTV spectators
- Reduce the number of networked entities and automatically remove disposable entities when the entity limit is met.

If need to we always can start with 40 and then slowly increase max players. This prob solves an issue of lagging (don't take my word), and mostly on weekends, JB is always full of players.

Link to GitHub as public uses (packages releases) - https://github.com/rafradek/sigsegv-mvm/releases/tag/20230430

NOTED:
- Some players have *Errorname* as their name, as rejoin or retry in the console seems fixed. I haven't confirmed this yet.
- Some limited on voice chat.

Real Darkness Owl

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
I have a question:
What if people are errornames then go to Blue and freekill and leave and people don't know who it is?

Could this problem be fixed?
Ngl, I thought about this today. I will look into Class wars. If someone left and it print in dev console of steam id. Then great! Otherwise this could be problem.

Real Darkness Owl

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
After I look into it, it will print the name and steam id after they left. (I hope so!). Here small note if your name is grayed out when you type in chat, which causes your name isn't on the scoreboard, and you can't do Rtd as well.

Real Darkness Owl

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
When you spray, it will spray someone else (ONLY IF YOUR NAME IS ERRORNAME)
Admin told me that whenever he is "errorname" and try open adminmenu. The server crashed because it can't pin who at all.

IDK this is worth adding it anymore since many issues, I don't think it is worth adding to Jailbreak or even making one of it.

Sore

I'm thinking if we can have a 36/38 jailbreak server players that would fit well, Not 64 players, however
errornames are no longer a issue you can able moderate whatever if someone is trying grief or freekill.

Does anyone agree that jailbreak server should have 36/38 players for testing?

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

Hello, final bumped. I believe with 38 - 40 players, is enough for Jailbreak server to handle.

Any final suggest or criticism is much appreciated as right now.
What are the bugs that have been fixed or that can still happen and is there really a need for more than 32?

Top Bottom