Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Moku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
That's where you're wrong. The past absolutely matters. Why do you think Piman and Taxi were declined? According to this logic, schools shouldn't shy away from hiring ex-convicts because "the past is the past." Don't blame your shortcomings on time, but instead, take responsibility for them. This is exactly why I didn't want to go +support or even neutral.

You cannot grieve on the past everyone makes mistakes.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Alright let's start as I can very much tell you have done your research, but you can't tell me that you have never been mad & played in a server & talked trash to a good friend? I mean I do see where this has a part to play but we all have something in our chat logs. Let's start off by saying with the "7" Things from the chat log history how many of them are really that bad? I was playing on a server with Katz at the time of saying "Cat you suck" The two "Fuck" Ones can just go they are irrelevant & should not be here because everyone gets mad, with the forth chat log history "This kid Scout on my team is so trash." Scout is actually my best friend he plays on the servers with me, The Others, other than "Don't doubt it when their parents leave them because they are a mistake they sometimes take the easy way out ." I can't see a problem with my chat logs I apologize for that one but I was having a conversation with someone & I am just very straight forward.
I don't quite think they should be disregarded just because "everyone gets mad." For instance, when I play OW competitive, I get some of the most moronic teams. However, instead of being expressive with my anger and cussing them out, I tend to use supportive statements, and sometimes, it works. Do people get angry? Sure. All the time. Do they need to express it all the time? No, not at all.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
You cannot grieve on the past everyone makes mistakes.
I just countered that exact argument lol. In any case, I don't want to be too spammy here, so if you'd like to speak privately for more feedback or questions or w/e, please feel free to message me on the forums or discord.

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
I don't quite think they should be disregarded just because "everyone gets mad." For instance, when I play OW competitive, I get some of the most moronic teams. However, instead of being expressive with my anger and cussing them out, I tend to use supportive statements, and sometimes, it works. Do people get angry? Sure. All the time. Do they need to express it all the time? No, not at all.

For one saying "Fuck" Will get my application denied? or having a conversation in chat & answering a question?

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

I have given you a +support right colour this time already but I neglected to list some of your negatives.
Of course, there's your history and the fuckfest that was your last application, and though you've made great strides of improvement since then, it still needs to be taken into account. You took criticism a little too harshly back then and you still don't take it with the best intentions. The phrase "If it happened once, it can happen again" is appropriate for this case.

My advice? Don't try and counteract people's criticism and instead improve on the areas you're being criticised on. Take my application for example. I've taken the words of people like Fish, Ben and co and improved myself instead of sparking an argument. I joined the Discord server, I heightened my forum activity and I made sure to watch my mouth. Same goes for Will, whom took all his weaknesses and flipped them around, which is why's an admin now
besides having one hell of a sexy voice.
Hope this helps. (y)

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

For one saying "Fuck" Will get my application denied? or having a conversation in chat & answering a question?

It might not be declined becasue of it, but being rude does actually reduce your chances. We gag people for that kind of stuff. If an admin does it, then it doesn't look great. However, I haven't looked into the context of your chat.

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
That's where you're wrong. The past absolutely matters. Why do you think Piman and Taxi were declined? According to this logic, schools shouldn't shy away from hiring ex-convicts because "the past is the past." Don't blame your shortcomings on time, but instead, take responsibility for them. This is exactly why I didn't want to go +support or even neutral.

Okay so Fish let's get one thing straight you may not want to admit it but I tend to feel like you hold grudges, taking my sentence so far of conclusion to the point of saying this "According to this logic, schools shouldn't shy away from hiring ex-convicts because "the past is the past." ex-convicts, have I committed a crime to you?

@Grizzly let us get one thing straight after reviewing my chat long myself I get these.

https://gyazo.com/66f309ecdccbe6a6777a0bc14eafb819
https://gyazo.com/3d706414dd226acf762621b885b4343f

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
Alright let's start as I can very much tell you have done your research, but you can't tell me that you have never been mad & played in a server & talked trash to a good friend? I mean I do see where this has a part to play but we all have something in our chat logs. Let's start off by saying with the "7" Things from the chat log history how many of them are really that bad? I was playing on a server with Katz at the time of saying "Cat you suck" The two "Fuck" Ones can just go they are irrelevant & should not be here because everyone gets mad, with the forth chat log history "This kid Scout on my team is so trash." Scout is actually my best friend he plays on the servers with me, The Others, other than "Don't doubt it when their parents leave them because they are a mistake they sometimes take the easy way out ." I can't see a problem with my chat logs I apologize for that one but I was having a conversation with someone & I am just very straight forward.
The "Cat you suck" one was placed there for clarification; thank you for clarifying, and I will confirm your story with Katz. The fuck ones show a lack of control over your anger, it's not advised to scream slurs over chat. Again, the scout one needed clarification, but you should remember that these kind of jokes become a stain on your chatlogs, which can be misinterpreted here. The "Noob ." one is something you should try to avoid calling people, especially if you aspire to be an admin. The "I'm just bored of you not killing me" one is an unnecessary taunt, and you should refrain from trying to rile people up. This is why I listed these.

Also, the gyazo screenshots of your chatlogs aren't your chatlogs. Those are every chatlogs that have ever included your name. The chatlogs I looked at were these ones: https://stats.blackwonder.tf/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=233645

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
And I have talked to @Grizzly & @Ben289 maybe twice, Wanka you & Will was with them everyday & I have been active everyday for the past month

Sakuya

Trickster
Hey Moku hope you're doing fine.
So off the bat, as everyone else has been stating, your English is phenomenal compared to your past application which is great. It shows more time and effort has been placed.
I was viewing the links you posted about moderating for a couple of Facebook communities and I don't know much about moderating for Facebook servers since I don't give a damn about social media but from those screenshots, I don't get much from it.
Your level of activity is a yo-yo, you stop by and comment on a couple of stuff and then you're gone.
Regarding in-game, I don't see you that often it can be on my end since I am only on LA and TX JB but just putting it out there.
Reviewing your punishments, a simple rule breaker does not recieve a ban, if they do then they need to have broken multiple rules without stopping after being warned. Usually with them it results in a kick and if they continue, than a ban. You need to be more precise on that. Also, a mass free killer receives a week ban. Look into their ban history to check if they need to have an extended ban.
All in all Moku you seem to have improvements from the last time but still you need tinkering. As of your state right now, I believe you should hold off from becoming admin until you hammered out every con.
I am going with -Support.
Best of luck to you doc!
Sak out!

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Okay so Fish let's get one thing straight you may not want to admit it but I tend to feel like you hold grudges, taking my sentence so far of conclusion to the point of saying this "According to this logic, schools shouldn't shy away from hiring ex-convicts because "the past is the past." ex-convicts, have I committed a crime to you?

@Grizzly let us get one thing straight after reviewing my chat long myself I get these.

https://gyazo.com/66f309ecdccbe6a6777a0bc14eafb819
https://gyazo.com/3d706414dd226acf762621b885b4343f
I know my example seemed extreme, but that's literally what analogies are... comparing two unlike things for the sake of better understanding. This will be my last post here, don't want to spam. Once again, if you'd like me to address something, please message me elsewhere.

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
Hey Moku hope you're doing fine.
So off the bat, as everyone else has been stating, your English is phenomenal compared to your past application which is great. It shows more time and effort has been placed.
I was viewing the links you posted about moderating for a couple of Facebook communities and I don't know much about moderating for Facebook servers since I don't give a damn about social media but from those screenshots, I don't get much from it.
Your level of activity is a yo-yo, you stop by and comment on a couple of stuff and then you're gone.
Regarding in-game, I don't see you that often it can be on my end since I am only on LA and TX JB but just putting it out there.
Reviewing your punishments, a simple rule breaker does not recieve a ban, if they do then they need to have broken multiple rules without stopping after being warned. Usually with them it results in a kick and if they continue, than a ban. You need to be more precise on that. Also, a mass free killer receives a week ban. Look into their ban history to check if they need to have an extended ban.
All in all Moku you seem to have improvements from the last time but still you need tinkering. As of your state right now, I believe you should hold off from becoming admin until you hammered out every con.
I am going with -Support.
Best of luck to you doc!
Sak out!

Alright, thanks but I play on NY Jailbreak, & I will never change myself to the point of which I feel like I am not me I will not be a perfect person I am which of what I am, I'm sorry but I will not change myself to the point of which I feel fake.

I have given you a +support right colour this time already but I neglected to list some of your negatives.
Of course, there's your history and the fuckfest that was your last application, and though you've made great strides of improvement since then, it still needs to be taken into account. You took criticism a little too harshly back then and you still don't take it with the best intentions. The phrase "If it happened once, it can happen again" is appropriate for this case.

My advice? Don't try and counteract people's criticism and instead improve on the areas you're being criticised on. Take my application for example. I've taken the words of people like Fish, Ben and co and improved myself instead of sparking an argument. I joined the Discord server, I heightened my forum activity and I made sure to watch my mouth. Same goes for Will, whom took all his weaknesses and flipped them around, which is why's an admin now
besides having one hell of a sexy voice.
Hope this helps. (y)

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
After consulting with a few staff, I have decided to reinforce my -Support with a chatlog I found but wasn't sure if I was right or not. On the 2nd of February (AKA post-previous admin application) you said "Guys spawncaming is 'Inside Spawn' 'Killing inside spawn' me outside killing you while you come out is not spawncaming..". The staff I talked to agreed that this is incorrect, and that spawncamping is in fact any method of preventing players from leaving spawn, such as shooting into spawn and not letting them leave, something which should be obvious as either way they are stuck and cannot move from their spawn. The fact that you openly enforced incorrect rules without first checking is a large con for me, and has moved me further into -Support. Still, good luck with your application!

Kowii

Inactive, But always lurking.

Kow

Bumping your application isn't really helping, Moku.

I mean, I know you want to thank everyone, but just saying it each times make you look like you're bumping your post.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Howdy Moku, I hope you're having a great weekend!
In the last couple of days, I have had more than one player say some pretty foul things to me, as an admin. I am the type of person who will warn an entire server before taking any real action regarding most behaviors. I just kind of laugh and move on with my life. I am much more likely to jump to someone else's defense, but that may come with age and the subsequent thick skin I have......I'll say earned.

I want to just kind of skim over your responses over the last 24 hours.

"Okay so Fish let's get one thing straight "

"@Grizzly let us get one thing straight"

This language is atypical of a person who is trying to gain understanding. This is likely how a person phrases something when they are prepared to enter a confrontation. Two very different things.

"If you get support from them two you basically have admin as that I have seen."

What?

"I'm sorry but I will not change myself to the point of which I feel fake."
Again... I must say, "What?"

@Sakuya Izayoi made sure to acknowledge that he has noticed some changes you have made. He simply said that he does not believe you are there yet. "As of your state right now, I believe you should hold off" However, you are sort of proving his point by your response.

The way you go like...wide-op, full-throttle, all-out.... To me, it comes across the same way a dog acts when they have been backed into a corner and it just starts going off at anyone who comes near it without much consideration to the consequences of its actions.

At this point I tend to agree with a combination of things that @Sakuya Izayoi @Fish-Related Crimes @Ben289 and @Grizzly have said.

Moku

Sufficiently Lethal
Howdy Moku, I hope you're having a great weekend!
In the last couple of days, I have had more than one player say some pretty foul things to me, as an admin. I am the type of person who will warn an entire server before taking any real action regarding most behaviors. I just kind of laugh and move on with my life. I am much more likely to jump to someone else's defense, but that may come with age and the subsequent thick skin I have......I'll say earned.

I want to just kind of skim over your responses over the last 24 hours.

"Okay so Fish let's get one thing straight "

"@Grizzly let us get one thing straight"

This language is atypical of a person who is trying to gain understanding. This is likely how a person phrases something when they are prepared to enter a confrontation. Two very different things.

"If you get support from them two you basically have admin as that I have seen."

What?

"I'm sorry but I will not change myself to the point of which I feel fake."
Again... I must say, "What?"

@Sakuya Izayoi made sure to acknowledge that he has noticed some changes you have made. He simply said that he does not believe you are there yet. "As of your state right now, I believe you should hold off" However, you are sort of proving his point by your response.

The way you go like...wide-op, full-throttle, all-out.... To me, it comes across the same way a dog acts when they have been backed into a corner and it just starts going off at anyone who comes near it without much consideration to the consequences of its actions.

At this point I tend to agree with a combination of things that @Sakuya Izayoi @Fish-Related Crimes @Ben289 and @Grizzly have said.

Based off of what has been said with @Grizzly @Ben289 @Fish-Related Crimes They have wished the best for me which I have the most up respect for & I thank the ones who have given me the positive support I just felt like “You get what you get and you don't get upset.” you guys expect all this change but I don't want to change so much to the point of which I feel "fake" changing into the person that I know I shouldn't be, change is good & I am a believer in that but with what @Grizzly said with the Chat Log stuff it is not like it is repetitive let me ask you this out of you three how many of you really got to know me? @Ben289 @Grizzly @Fish-Related Crimes Maybe if you got to know me like the other people have maybe you'll change your mind on me @RainbowRob "If you get support from them two you basically have admin as that I have seen." I feel like if you get support from them two you get admin or it is very difficult not to get it "I Feel" that way.

Thanks for the best of luck you guys

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Based off of what has been said with @Grizzly @Ben289 @Fish-Related Crimes They have wished the best for me which I have the most up respect for & I thank the ones who have given me the positive support I just felt like “You get what you get and you don't get upset.” you guys expect all this change but I don't want to change so much to the point of which I feel "fake" changing into the person that I know I shouldn't be, change is good & I am a believer in that but with what @Grizzly said with the Chat Log stuff it is not like it is repetitive let me ask you this out of you three how many of you really got to know me? @Ben289 @Grizzly @Fish-Related Crimes Maybe if you got to know me like the other people have maybe you'll change your mind on me @RainbowRob "If you get support from them two you basically have admin as that I have seen." I feel like if you get support from them two you get admin or it is very difficult not to get it "I Feel" that way.

Thanks for the best of luck you guys

I believe most people took that comment more of "They have more power." rather than "They are more critical than most." which is probably where the confusion came in there. Which we are, we are definetly more critical than most. I am generally more critical to applications, forum and discord activity. While Grizzly does the whole searching through chat logs, server time etc. Which between us we do generally "shit on" a lot of people who post applications. We aren't being rude, but if we say you need to get forum activity up, or something along those lines, generally you won't get our support. For example Wanka's application, I only recently gave him a +support due to his forum and Discord activity increasing substantially compared to other people who haven't gained our support yet. So I do see where you are coming from which that point since we are very harsh on people with applications. However, it's not really our job to get to know you, you should really be the person talking to us. We don't have any issue with you jumping into our Discord channel and asking us about things, or just generally joining in on insulting Grizzly on a regular basis, or just joining in on the General banter, we don't mind that. So feel free to join us.

However, onto the chat logs. They may not be repetitive, but as a member of a community, where we all try and get along, you should try and refrain from being insulting towards people who might not find it funny. For example, you can insult Grizzly all you want if you join the Discord channel, he has to take it, it's his job. But to do it on a server, it's not exactly good. You should be try to be more polite, and if you are applying for admin, definetly more professional. No one really judges a community on the odd rule breaker, but they normally judge the community on the admins which should be moderating the servers in a proper manner. Which is why chat logs like that don't always look good. So I can see where both of you are coming from. If those chat logs weren't so recent, I would kind of ignore it. But as they are fairly new, I have to think why they might change? Just because you want admin? You want the power? People don't change over night, and the past can never be forgotten, it's a part of us, we must remember it, and learn from it. We may make mistakes, but we own up to them and should never make excuses for them.

I would also like to point out I was polite here, so I am accepting any cookies.

Dee

Sufficiently Lethal

Dee

Pros:
  • Has been an admin before
  • Knows a decent amount of staff
  • Good time scheme
  • Is active on forum, discord and servers
  • Is generally kind and nice to talk to
  • Application is pretty well written
Cons:
  • Last application was kind of a mess
  • Has acted poorly in certain situations in the past
  • Stop replying so much on your own application :c
+Support, I don't really know where all the fuss is about. Sure, he has behaved poorly in the past but I think that the pros heavily outweigh the cons on this application .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom