Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from GRXD [ ᴄʜ ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

Alright after reading it again and seeing you deleted your YouTube channel which I do believe you worked hard for. I really see myself in you except older and female. When I made an admin application my I was really new to the forums.
I didn't really know any of the admins apart from Loldielol after I made my app but before I became admin. I really wanted to be admin and make the servers better. There was only a few admins correct me if I'm wrong but I believe only Arcalium, Loldielol, Buster, Dirakia, Ramy, Reign and Crazy were admin. And none of them played jailbreab really so I wanted to make that server at least have an admin that's active on it. I was 13 at that time and I only received neutral/majority of the vote votes on my app. When I was about to give up on it after some weeks I received a reply from Benedevil while I was about to go to sleep I checked my mail as fast as possible and I saw I got accepted I was the happiest kid on earth. And I kind of see this in you and your app you try really hard and are wanting to help and support.

So I want to support you! :)
+Support

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
Your past should not define your future.

As for you application:
> Very detailed
> Good Reports
> Knows the rules
> Friendly
> Knows how to catch griefers

So you know ways to grief, but you haven't been reported for it, so I don't see an issue in it. Mostlikely because, as you said, it's your past. Knowing something and doing it are different things. Goodluck with your app.
I'm not going to have a say in this since I'm not entirely familiar with how admin applications work on this community as of yet, but I disagree with that statement. It could be compared to saying you shouldn't stop a pedo from being a primary school teacher. Then again I might be getting a bit extreme there.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

I'm not going to have a say in this since I'm not entirely familiar with how admin applications work on this community as of yet, but I disagree with that statement. It could be compared to saying you shouldn't stop a pedo from being a primary school teacher. Then again I might be getting a bit extreme there.
It may be extreme, but correct.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife
You are going way extreme. I mean, she used to do it. She doesn't anymore.
Comming with "pedo's should be able to become teachers" is not even close to anything I said.
I mean, a fraud should be able to get a job, just not as an accountant. A pedo should be able to get a job, just not anywhere close to children.
Saying GRXD should not be given a chance because of the past, especially when never been reported or banned for it, is ridiculous. I mean, maybe all of us admins know how to exploit maps for personal gain. But you maybe didn't know and we still became admins and still do a good job (I think?). So I really can't see why knowing how to exploit should stop one from becomming an admin.

EDIT: Just heard to know only one exploit. Is this really worth to be a big deal for becomming an admin just for one exploit to be known. :')

Last edited:

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
Comming with "pedo's should be able to become teachers" is not even close to anything I said.
I mean, a fraud should be able to get a job, just not as an accountant. A pedo should be able to get a job, just not anywhere close to children.
Saying GRXD should not be given a chance because of the past, especially when never been reported or banned for it, is ridiculous. I mean, maybe all of us admins know how to exploit maps for personal gain. But you maybe didn't know and we still became admins and still do a good job (I think?). So I really can't see why knowing how to exploit should stop one from becomming an admin.
Oh, I have nothing against him becoming an admin, don't get me wrong. I just don't agree with that logic. I admit I am being extreme but I'm just trying to explain my views on one of your reasons. If I were to actually be judging this app he'd have my support no doubt.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife
Oh, I have nothing against him becoming an admin, don't get me wrong. I just don't agree with that logic. I admit I am being extreme but I'm just trying to explain my views on one of your reasons. If I were to actually be judging this app he'd have my support no doubt.
You start comparing it to "pedophiles" with me just saying "oh you know how to do it but you don't do it"

She knows ONE exploit. And everyone makes a fuss like she is a supercriminal.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
You start comparing it to "pedophiles" with me just saying "oh you know how to do it but you don't do it"

Look, I get what you're saying. But seeing as the YouTube channel was deleted I was unaware it was only a tutorial and not a preview. I understand that it was out of my place to assume that, but I'm not saying his griefing is comparable to pedophilia. I'm just using an example to say why I don't agree with the phrase "Your past shouldn't define your future" when everything in your past affects the outcome which is your future.

I agree that I might have gone a bit far with the example I used though.

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

ᴄʟᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ

MECHA-G

Excuse me, are you assuming I'm NOT a super criminal? I'm offended. :ROFLMAO: It's true coincidentally. I know how to do a single exploit on Upward and get a sentry up on the bridge on 2Fort, which to my knowledge, isn't an exploit. While my YouTube account was still around, the only tutorials I did were of 2Fort and Upward, the most recent being a remake of an old vid, so I could see how much my abilities to edit videos had changed. They've improved a lot, I'm glad to say, but the content has received a lot of backlash on here, so I deleted my account.

The example used was a little extreme, I have to say. I believe "your past should not define your future" was directed at me personally? And not a general statement, so it's like you were comparing my crime of griefing/ exploiting to the crimes of a paedophile, which is kind of ridiculous, if you think about it. Paedophilia is a very serious thing, and using it in this context is borderline offensive. I get what you're trying to say, but you could have formed your opinion a little better. Still, I welcome all kinds of feedback on this subject.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
Excuse me, are you assuming I'm NOT a super criminal? I'm offended. :ROFLMAO: It's true coincidentally. I know how to do a single exploit on Upward and get a sentry up on the bridge on 2Fort, which to my knowledge, isn't an exploit. While my YouTube account was still around, the only tutorials I did were of 2Fort and Upward, the most recent being a remake of an old vid, so I could see how much my abilities to edit videos had changed. They've improved a lot, I'm glad to say, but the content has received a lot of backlash on here, so I deleted my account.

The example used was a little extreme, I have to say. I believe "your past should not define your future" was directed at me personally? And not a general statement, so it's like you were comparing my crime of griefing/ exploiting to the crimes of a paedophile, which is kind of ridiculous, if you think about it. Paedophilia is a very serious thing, and using it in this context is borderline offensive. I get what you're trying to say, but you could have formed your opinion a little better. Still, I welcome all kinds of feedback on this subject.
Yeah, looking back I definitely could've avoided that example. And if that statement was directed at you personally, I'd like to apologize to everyone for being a complete and utter idiot.
Now if anyone else has a say on this, I'd prefer if they used PM instead of this thread. After all, this is an admin application and I feel I've caused a bit of a derailing on the thread.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

EDIT: Just heard to know only one exploit. Is this really worth to be a big deal for becomming an admin just for one exploit to be known. :')
Sorry, but there is a difference between knowing an exploit and making a tutorial how to do an exploit

Also please note I'm not saying she still griefs! But just like letting a pedophile be a teacher isn't smart so is a letting a griever or just any rulebreaker be an admin so I just want to trow that out there. Also Miyu don't be so harsh on Grizzly he is just trying to get his two cents in and his example might be extreme but you've made extreme examples too for example in the report against Rainbow Rob.

Everyone makes mistakes so do Grizzly, GRXD, You and me.

Please note I'm not trying to attack or offend anyone :(

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife
Sorry, but there is a difference between knowing an exploit and making a tutorial how to do an exploit

Also please note I'm not saying she still griefs! But just like letting a pedophile be a teacher isn't smart so is a letting a griever or just any rulebreaker be an admin so I just want to trow that out there. Also Miyu don't be so harsh on Grizzly he is just trying to get his two cents in and his example might be extreme but you've made extreme examples too for example in the report against Rainbow Rob.

Everyone makes mistakes so do Grizzly, GRXD, You and me.

Please note I'm not trying to attack or offend anyone :(
> My comparison was not extreme, it was just to make a point.
> I told Grizzly it was all cool.
> I NEVER SAID A PEDO SHOULD BE A TEACHER (where you guys keep getting this from?)
> She never broke any rule on blackwonder and she only made a video of ONE exploit that she knows and she removed instantly when you brought it up to be a problem

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

> My comparison was not extreme, it was just to make a point.
I think Grizzly was trying to do the same

> I NEVER SAID A PEDO SHOULD BE A TEACHER (where you guys keep getting this from?)
We know, you said the opposite of it in a post before
> She never broke any rule on blackwonder and she only made a video of ONE exploit that she knows and she removed instantly when you brought it up to be a problem
I saw at least 4 videos on exploits, And wouldn't it be better if she deleted it on her own instead of us basically forcing it upon her.

Now I understand where the
"If you have an argument with Miyu you're gonna have a hard time" meme comes from

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife
Let me say that exploiting on Valve was possible but note that since she came here she has not broken any rules. Helped with reporting people and been around talking to us and helped the community.

So can we maybe forget the video she made in her past and that has nothing to do with this community. She instantly removed it, appoligized and moved on. Now it's time for others too.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

Let me say that exploiting on Valve was possible but note that since she came here she has not broken any rules. Helped with reporting people and been around talking to us and helped the community.

So can we maybe forget the video she made in her past and that has nothing to do with this community. She instantly removed it, appoligized and moved on. Now it's time for others too.
I just want people to know it wasn't one video but multiple if it was only one I wouldn't have been so harsh at first...

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife
I think Grizzly was trying to do the same

We know, you said the opposite of it in a post before

I saw at least 4 videos on exploits, And wouldn't it be better if she deleted it on her own instead of us basically forcing it upon her.

Now I understand where the
"If you have an argument with Miyu you're gonna have a hard time" meme comes from
1. This was actually a good common example, not extreme with pedophilia or murder or whatever. It had something to do to state a point. To compare knowing an exploit with allowing pedophiles in schools is bs and even stupid that you keep saying i meant to say stuff like that.
2fb2bbdc5cbedb4c7aecbd541bcc2308.png

2. She was not forced to delete her youtube, she probably forgot about it and didn't know it would hurt her admin app so she decided to do it herself.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I'll admit I tend to avoid players whose name I cannot pronounce while still being written using plain English characters, but felt obliged to post on this thread anyway, partly to squelch or interrupt the irrelevant and pointless discussion going on in here...

Firstly, the application itself is well-written. It's clear that a moderate amount of effort has been put into the writing itself, which is a good thing. Activity within servers is decent, though still somewhat below average if you take the playtime of all previous applicants into account. I feel this should be improved.

I have not ever played with you myself, as far as I remember, but it seems to me from the other responses that your greatest attribute is the 'acquaintance factor', which is a good quality for an admin, but should really not be your only source of support, as it is now.

In my opinion we need more input on your actual in-game behaviour and policies before a decision is made by The Man, but unfortunately nobody is providing this yet. Perhaps make an effort to play and remind people of the rules on a larger variety of servers for a while, if only to make yourself more known.

Ps. "Are you supporting or not?!?!?!?" Just bloody read it instead of searching for bright red or green text to find my verdict.

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
Let's be fair: she seems like a great guy, the report is good, her knowledge of exploiting will come in useful and we have seen videos that can prove this. I'm all for her being admin, more admins are great to have, but all this hate just because of the videos is rather silly. I understand why you have dug up the past, but considering she no longer exploits, doesn't it mean she's clean? I used to be a noob once but doesn't mean I can't be a pro because of it. As admin I understand that you make sure that the best are hired, but come on, how many problems have you heard about her? I may not know much but I can most certainly read that she will be of most help. After all, is your past clean? I'm sure everyone here has exploited once, including me. All I'm saying is tone it down a notch (pun intended c: but seriously, lets consider the times here and how people can improve. The whole stay in the forum longer thing is fair enough)

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Now let me throw my 2 cents in there:

Cmon guys, don't bash on the one's who didn't give her support. I tried to explain as good as possible why I didn't give her mine.

It wasn't the app, because it was ok. It was because I never saw her ingame (mostly due me not playing that much TF2) and some of the few things I knew abut her was that she did a griefing video one month ago.

@DeadGaming666 I also said it in my post: Yes, if it would be a year or so since she did that video, I'd be cool with that. But that was only a month ago. That is what changed my mind

I just don't know her and the few things I know about her aren't enough for me to trust her.

Sorry, but this is my opinion. I haven't even had a chat with her. Neither me or she started one.

A chat mind change my opinion, but for now, it stays as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom