Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from GRXD [ ᴄʜ ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

ᴄʟᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ

MECHA-G

Member Name GRXD [ ᴄʜ ]

Name Heather

Contact Information http://steamcommunity.com/id/grxdisms/

Your Age 20

Location Switzerland

Your SteamID STEAM_0:1:71568191

Other Information
I couldn't find the part where you talk about yourself in the form, so I didn't say much about myself personally, for which I apologise! But basically, I'm a huge nerd. I love Star Wars, Aliens, Predator, Marvel and DC comics, as well as their movies, and I'm always trying to collect figures of the things I love. They're called ArtFX statues and they're really neat. Not as detailed as Hot Toys, mind you, but detailed enough and with a lower price. You should check them out if you're into that kind of thing. I listen to 80s rock mostly, but I can enjoy all kinds of music as long as it sounds good. I'm a huge fan of film soundtracks, especially those composed by John Williams. My hobbies include going to the cinema with my mates, gaming and taking my dog out for walks.

As far as what I'm doing right now, I'm training to become an automation engineer. What that is, is basically someone who builds, programs and fixes machines. It'll be really awesome if I can successfully complete this training. It's made harder because I'm a Brit living in Switzerland and I have to learn everything in German, but I reckon I'll manage it.

Anyway, that's a little bit about myself. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Feel free to add me as well. There's no such thing as too many friends. ;)

Have you managed servers previously? No

If Yes, which ones?

Why do you want to become an admin? I want to become an admin because I feel like I could help make the servers I play on a more pleasant environment. Nobody likes a hacker or a cheater. I could help be one of the people that keeps servers clear of them and thus make those servers more fun to play on.

Are you familiar with admin commands? No

Do you know any of our current staff members? No

If Yes, please tell us the their names. I have spoken to Dirakia in the past, and been present on a server at the same time as both him and Buster, but I don't know them personally. However, based on what I've seen of them, they seem like two very cool guys, and they do their job well.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available. On weekdays I'm available and play from 18:45PM to 10PM. On weekends from 9:00AM to 10PM (UTC+01:00).

On what servers do you usually play? I usually play on 2Fort and Orange x3 x10 Weapons.

You'll find most, if not all, of the reports I've made, were made while playing on the Orange server. I hope that there will be little to nothing to report in the future.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
This would be my first time being a moderator, given the chance, and I would be sure to take my roll as admin seriously. I have always wanted to be an admin to make TF2 better for everyone, and I couldn't think of a better place than BlackWonder to start. It's my goal to make playing on your servers more fun for its users, not to mess around. I'm a fast learner, mature, but most of all, fair. Some people may not realise that they are breaking the rules. It's my job to politely point this out to them, and take action when they do not comply.

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.? Hackers would be banned instantly. This is obvious. Not only would I ban them from BlackWonder's servers, but I would also report them directly to Steam. I have done this countless times. It's almost second nature to me at this point.

Spammers, be it in chat or mic, would be warned twice, just in case they somehow missed it the first time. It does happen on occasion. If they continued to ignore my requests, I would mute/gag them for five to ten minutes. During this time I would look up their previous actions on BlackWonder. If I saw that they had already been muted or gagged previously, I would extend the punishment to anywhere from half an hour to a full day, depending on how many times they had been caught spamming before.

A simple rulebreaker would, again, receive two warnings, and if they continued to break the rules, I would kick them. If that had no effect and they returned to break the rules again, then I would ban them, and give them an extended ban if they continued to ignore the rules after that.

Last edited:

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

After viewing your app it looked good to me but, you are a little bit new to the forums (like me when I became admin) and you don't know any other staff members well (like me) but the one thing that most concerns me is your youtube channel, I like to check people before I give my opinion. So I did the same with you and I saw your youtube channel, I checked what kind of video's you uploaded and there were some video's on how to grief/exploit in tf2.
I think griefers/exploiters just ruin the game for other people and I don't want to have an admin who griefs/eploits so I'm sorry but
-Support,

+Support, see later posts

Last edited:

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
The application looks good but It would be even better if you told us more (or anything) about yourself.
You registered two weeks ago and your activity on the forums is not enough for me.
You have reported a bunch of bad players, that's always a positive point because that means you know and follow the rules.

I have good vibes about you but i will stay Neutral you applied for admin too soon in my opinion but your attitude seems to be good and your application is pretty decent.

Good luck with your application.

Last edited:

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

ᴄʟᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ

MECHA-G

After viewing your app it looked good to me but, you are a little bit new to the forums (like me when I became admin) and you don't know any other staff members well (like me) but the one thing that most concerns me is your youtube channel, I like to check people before I give my opinion. So I did the same with you and I saw your youtube channel, I checked what kind of video's you uploaded and there were some video's on how to grief/exploit in tf2.
I think griefers/exploiters just ruin the game for other people and I don't want to have an admin who griefs/eploits so I'm sorry but
-Support
I'm glad that you do background checks on people applying to be admin. I think that's important. However, while I have posted videos on how to grief/ exploit, I have not once done that on any of your servers. Sentries put on the bridge on 2Fort can very easily be taken down (an engie who knows how to get a sentry up there knows the easiest way to take it down), and if I saw someone griefing on Upward, obviously I'd report them. It says in your rules not to grief, therefore I don't. I use empty servers/ servers I've created myself to make those videos anyway. Doing it in reality is a lot harder and very rarely successful. But thank you anyway for your concern. Like I said, it's important to know who you are dealing with.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

I'm glad that you do background checks on people applying to be admin. I think that's important. However, while I have posted videos on how to grief/ exploit, I have not once done that on any of your servers. Sentries put on the bridge on 2Fort can very easily be taken down (an engie who knows how to get a sentry up there knows the easiest way to take it down), and if I saw someone griefing on Upward, obviously I'd report them. It says in your rules not to grief, therefore I don't. I use empty servers/ servers I've created myself to make those videos anyway. Doing it in reality is a lot harder and very rarely successful. But thank you anyway for your concern. Like I said, it's important to know who you are dealing with.
You educate people how to grief, and you think's fine because you don't do it? I don't agree with that sorry if you teach people how to grief that's as bad as griefing yourself if not worse for my opinion

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

ᴄʟᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ

MECHA-G

The application looks good but It would be even better if you told us more (or anything) about yourself.
You registered two weeks ago and your activity on the forums is not enough for me.
You have reported a bunch of bad players, that's always a positive point because that means you know and follow the rules.

I have good vibes about you but i will stay n̶e̶u̶t̶r̶a̶l̶ you applied for admin too soon in my opinion but your attitude seems to be good and your application is pretty decent.

PD: After reading Notch's post and listening to one of your youtube videos i do not think you're 20 years old, you look and sound like 14 or 15. Lying is a bad thing, you should know that.

-Negative

Good luck with your application.
Thank you very much for your feedback. I know I do not look or sound as though I am 20 years old, but I assure you I am. I can provide you with a picture of my ID, if you feel it necessary. I am a girl, you see, but I am often mistaken for a teenage boy. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to show my ID while purchasing a movie. It's always rather awkward when I have to explain this to people, but it really cannot be helped. I would never lie to you, I promise. There's no sense in that.

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
Thank you very much for your feedback. I know I do not look or sound as though I am 20 years old, but I assure you I am. I can provide you with a picture of my ID, if you feel it necessary. I am a girl, you see, but I am often mistaken for a teenage boy. I cannot tell you how many times I've had to show my ID while purchasing a movie. It's always rather awkward when I have to explain this to people, but it really cannot be helped. I would never lie to you, I promise. There's no sense in that.

Do not worry, i'm sorry for doubting, now i've seen one of your videos with your face on a corner and i believe you, i was just unsure about your voice but now it's all clear :p

Still, as Notch said it looks like you're encouraging people to grief and that does not look good.

I'll stay Neutral again for the time being.

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

ᴄʟᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ

MECHA-G

You educate people how to grief, and you think's fine because you don't do it? I don't agree with that sorry if you teach people how to grief that's as bad as griefing yourself if not worse for my opinion
I don't grief frequently, or at all, for that matter, and I never said educating people on how to grief was okay. If you'd like, I could always delete those videos, or even my account altogether. It would be a waste of the hours I spent editing them, but I've been meaning to make a new start anyway. I only make videos to practise my video editing abilities. They are not meant to be taken seriously, and I don't have enough subscribers for them to get much attention.

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

ᴄʟᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ

MECHA-G

To me it's not about those video's being up it's about you teaching people how to ruin the game for others, and I am about second chances so if it was only one video it would have been okay but it's like a big part of your channel. so to me teaching people how to grief is like linking people to a hack.

It ruins the game for others and it's it's pretty selfish since most people who do this only do it for views.

Sorry I don't think I would trust someome who makes griefing tutorials with an admin rank so that's why I'm going to stay
-Support
And I completely understand. Thank you for your feedback. I'll allow the other admins to form their opinions and take a look at the videos themselves, if they deem it necessary, and then delete the videos/ my account once the decision is made as to whether or not they deem me fit to be an admin.

Frama

what do i do and who am i
Will stay neutral as I never saw you anywhere and don't know you. Good luck.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
You make it sound like a Bad thing.
If People exploit on official Maps then this only highers the chance of valve to fix them sooner.
Don't misunderstand me, I don't want people to Ruin other's fun But it makes People Aware of those things And increases the chance of someone fixing them.
Even I have one of those vids where my Friends And i did that on mountain lab.

Now back to the application. I have to stay neutral too As i don't Know much about you yet.
First off, I don't wanna be slanderous and say you still grief without any proof.

But I just want to point out that you are subbed to both Delfy and Ninja Cookie who are both griefing channels

Sorry once again if this sounded slanderous

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

ᴄʟᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ

MECHA-G

First off, I don't wanna be slanderous and say you still grief without any proof.

But I just want to point out that you are subbed to both Delfy and Ninja Cookie who are both griefing channels

Sorry once again if this sounded slanderous
It does sound a little bit like an accusation, but again, it's completely understandable. As I explained to Tomato Kat, though, I would never lie. Most of the exploits that Ninja Cookie and Delfy post are very quickly fixed by Valve, so I'm subscribed purely to watch what mischief they get up to, not to attempt any of the exploits myself.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Hi @GRXD [ ᴄʜ ] , so I read everything (thanks for the compliment btw) and I have some concerns but overall I think this is looking fine.

So first off you left "Contact Information and Other Information" blank what I think you should fix as soon as possible. What kind of music you listen to, what are you studying, etc. if you're not familiar with a lot of admins it's best to just open up and get people to know you. This was the second problem what almost everyone mentioned is that you applied too soon, which is kind of true and therefore you'll have a harder time getting positive feedback. -smile-

About your youtube channel. I think it's not a huge problem since you seem pretty mature. Some people just like to show off that they can do certain things or that they can do things that others can't, that doesn't make you immediately a griefer, I really hope your motivation for those videos isn't coming from ruining other players game but from discovering the flaws in the game and showing it to others. Of course that is another thing that influences your application in a rather bad way and you should've thought about it before applying.

Apart from these things you seem reasonable and friendly, your chat seems fine expect for a fair amount of swearing and occasional short lenny spam. It's a bit unfortunate that you applied so soon, right after 2 people got accepted, without getting to know this community better.
Anyways, a bit strange but you got my support, I wouldn't mind seeing you as an admin right now. But what you should be ready for is getting mixed feedback, thus getting declined, and applying a few weeks later when more of the staff knows you (If I'm right that happened with someone recently). Still, good luck with this application. I'm curious to see others opinions.

Last edited:

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Just when I thought I was getting a break before reviewing another app...

So first off, a thank you to @NotNotchSilly for doing the google search that we are all too lazy to do.

Second, let us review the app: (Disclaimer: I do not know you ingame, so it will be just the app and you activity on the forum)

Your just joined the forums around 2 weeks ago, reported some people and barely participated on any other topics. I would have liked if you would have waited a bit longer to apply, but more to that later.

Overall, the app is ok. The reason why you want to become admin is a bit filmy but in exchange you told us more about you.

Yet, I will NOT SUPPORT you. I would be neutral, but the fact that you teach, or at least make videos explaining how to grief/exploit, is enough for me to say no.

In my opinion, everybody deserves a second chance, but only one month ago you did a video called:"How To Grief On 2Fort"with a video-thumbnail saying:"HOW TO BE A JERK ON 2FORT"

If it was like a year ago or more, I would have not taken that into account. But since it has been only a month, it changed my opinion.

If you really want to become an admin here, I advise you to stop these kind of videos, do some normal gameplay or so and apply some time later.

Have a nice day, Malz

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
The app is great and i would have given you +Support ONLY IF you didn't apply less than 2 weeks later from the time you joined the forums.

Ya, you have been useful, making around 8 reports in a span of less than 2 weeks, however you just rushed the admin app, thus making it less likely for you to become an admin.

to be honest tho, if you want to become an admin you have to interact with some of the admins, usually we go on discord, all of us, even benedevil, so you may find us there and start chatting with us and getting to know us.

i won't give you +Support, nor do i think you should become an admin just yet, get to know some of the admins, join us on discord and chat with us.

keep in mind that you don't need to join us on discord to get accepted.

The main and strongest reason of why i think you shouldn't be accepted is the fact that you joined us less than 2 weeks ago, that's all.

At least this is just my opinion, thanks and good luck.

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

ᴄʟᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ

MECHA-G

I deleted my YouTube account. Enough has been said about my content already for people only just now viewing this thread to understand what's going on. You need only scroll up a little.

Thank you all for your feedback, but from what I've read, the chances of me becoming an admin at this point in time are slim. I thought, because the admin application option was opened to me, that I might as well give it a shot. I incorrectly assumed that I was active enough on the forums to become admin. Your responses clearly tell me otherwise, so apologies for wasting your time. I may or may not apply for admin again in the future. I have been discouraged to say the least, but whatever happens, I'll still actively play on your servers and continue to make reports.

I made an edit to my original app that includes a bit about myself and my interests, if anyone is interested.

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
I deleted my YouTube account. Enough has been said about my content already for people only just now viewing this thread to understand what's going on. You need only scroll up a little.

Thank you all for your feedback, but from what I've read, the chances of me becoming an admin at this point in time are slim. I thought, because the admin application option was opened to me, that I might as well give it a shot. I incorrectly assumed that I was active enough on the forums to become admin. Your responses clearly tell me otherwise, so apologies for wasting your time. I may or may not apply for admin again in the future. I have been discouraged to say the least, but whatever happens, I'll still actively play on your servers and continue to make reports.

I made an edit to my original app that includes a bit about myself and my interests, if anyone is interested.

If you make an app in a few weeks and keep being active on the forums i'll give you my support and most of us would as well i think

Dirakia

Positively Inhumane
Wow so much hate...
Ive played with him tons of times on the x10 servers and he actually is a very nice guy
Dont judge on Videos and such, i also was a hacker once and loved to exploit glitches but one day i gave it up
At least giove him some sort of trial...
Im Supporting it

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Your past should not define your future.

As for you application:
> Very detailed
> Good Reports
> Knows the rules
> Friendly
> Knows how to catch griefers

So you know ways to grief, but you haven't been reported for it, so I don't see an issue in it. Mostlikely because, as you said, it's your past. Knowing something and doing it are different things. Goodluck with your app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom