Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Answered Why are friendlies not allowed? aka: rename 2 servers pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
Hello,

Could someone explain to me why friendlies are forbidden on servers like Hightower, Orange and 2Fort? In my opinion that should be changed. The servers although in some case have an objective, mostly they're just about killing each other. Why do we care about friendlies? Sure, they shouldn't be upset if they get killed. But to outright slay them or kick them for just I dunno, crouching in a corner doesn't seem right to me. I think friendlies can be fun sometimes, and so do a lot of other people. Why would we punish people who are having fun when they're not even causing problems?

It's also confusing because nowhere in the rules does it say that they're forbidden. But I believe most of us think that they are.
So could we clear this up? Thanks.

adam

Somewhat Threatening
I played Hightower before but not in this community, never saw the rule "No friendlies allowed"
• Server is only made for people to have fun
• People who say that something is forbidden while it is NOT in the rules means that they are making up that "rule" and they hate friendlies.
• If the Admin kicks or slays the friendly that might mean they are either abusing their power or the friendly is just breaking a rule that leads up to a kick or slay
I am going to vote Yes.
Good day!

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

My assumption is that it's meant to be a method of stopping games from reaching a standstill faster, since people will just be sitting on the mid point masturbating over dispensers and sandwiches. And if you end up killing one of them, then it's more than likely they/their team/even your own team will go on some sort of manhunt to ensure you don't kill anyone.
Most of the Hightower or Orange servers push more for a Deathmatch sort of play instead of encouraging you to play the objective, so bringing games to a standstill isn't exactly a major issue. And though friendlies can be very, very, very annoying, they're not doing copious amounts of harm.
All I would do is edit the rules from saying "No Friendlies allowed!" to "You CAN be friendly, but it's not encouraged. Don't whine if you get killed".

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
Lets say there is a server with 20 players. All 20 are friendly. I think if they're having fun that way they should be allowed to just sit in the middle of the map and wank ( c; ). However if another person joins the server and starts killing them, they shouldn't be surprised as it is a deathmatch kind of server. Would that be fine with everyone? So the rule if we want to even make one should say "Don't be upset if friendlies are murdered". But I don't think we even need a rule as being upset and cursing a lot is just inappropriate language.

@Adam Sorry, I phrased it wrong. It's listed as a rule on some of the servers but not here on the forums. So that's why it's pretty confusing, because the rule is inconsistent.

Last edited:

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Friendlies are allowed on all mentioned servers except the hightower one. We had an argument a while back over the hightower server, which lead me to create a server in hightower specifically for friendlies and one without. If you can give me the IPs of the servers with the non-friendly rule, that are not hightower, that would be much appreciated. I might have copied the rules over accidentally

Friendly Hightower Server

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
Hello,

Could someone explain to me why friendlies are forbidden on servers like Hightower, Orange and 2Fort? In my opinion that should be changed. The servers although in some case have an objective, mostly they're just about killing each other. Why do we care about friendlies? Sure, they shouldn't be upset if they get killed. But to outright slay them or kick them for just I dunno, crouching in a corner doesn't seem right to me. I think friendlies can be fun sometimes, and so do a lot of other people. Why would we punish people who are having fun when they're not even causing problems?

It's also confusing because nowhere in the rules does it say that they're forbidden. But I believe most of us think that they are.
So could we clear this up? Thanks.

https://blackwonder.tf/threads/fixing-the-slot-waster-plague.3904/

Massive unbalance for people that actually wanted to fight the other team, I received a lot of complaints from players about this issue.

3 vs 12 ain't fun.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
Hold up. Then the no friendlies rule only applies to 1 Hightower server from the 170 servers? Okay, so it's confusing. Because if you have 1 server which is called "Friendlies allowed" that implies that on all the other servers friendlies are forbidden because why the hell would you otherwise create that server. But the truth is there is 1 server where its forbidden and all the other ones have no problems with friendlies.

Right, in that case I don't care about that 1 Hightower server, Kat received complaints to disallow friendlies there, sure, why not. I'd like to suggest to rename it to "friendlies forbidden/disallowed" and the friendlies allowed server to just "hightower", since the first is the exception not the second. And in that case I understand now why the rule is not displayed here on the forums since it only affects 1 server.

Sorry for the extra confusion. At least now I know what's up.

adam

Somewhat Threatening
Makes sense now.
The thread should be invalid if the owner has stated that he might've copied the rules accidentally.
Also because of the Friendly Hightower server
Thanks to Benedevil for notifying us about that.

Sgt. X

Somewhat Threatening

InFocus

I was on a Hightower server and I was confused when people were saying there is no friendlies allowed because on the server, shure you can fight others but if you made it non friendly at least make it so people can actually do the objective because its a "No Carts" server. To me it's silly to make a server where you don't have to do the objective but you still can't be friendly.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I was on a Hightower server and I was confused when people were saying there is no friendlies allowed because on the server, shure you can fight others but if you made it non friendly at least make it so people can actually do the objective because its a "No Carts" server. To me it's silly to make a server where you don't have to do the objective but you still can't be friendly.
This is why we have provided an alternative server where it is allowed.

b_560_95_1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom