Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Warden able to kill Freedays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Wolf!

Somewhat Threatening

Zhiris

Freedays are not allowed to go into the Armoury or activate Minigames.
but now there is nothing we can do to prevent this from happening/punish the ones who break this rule.
I suggest that the Warden would be able to kill freedays if he has to.

Please comment below what your opinion is about this suggestion, thank you.

~Wolf!

Somewhat Threatening

Zhiris

One simple stab on the warden only, unless there is only one on the blue team, or you have a dumb guard team.

But that really doesn't happen that much. It's going to cause more problems than it resolves.

that "dumb team" you are talking isn't able to do something against it since they can't airblast them since that is baiting/against the rules.
and don't forget that at the current state of the server that there no way in preventing this from happening, thus why my suggestion.

Once again, this is only about the Warden. He must have full control of the gamemode and it would be great if he can just do his normal orders in the beginning of the round without the big trouble of Godmode freedays.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

You can't bait Prisoners. If you save your Warden from a backstab, it's not baiting. (!)

And no, it's because KIDS become warden or just anyone who isn't thinking straight (at the time or never) that will cause accidents like this to happen. And then there will be more chaos.

~Wolf!

Somewhat Threatening

Zhiris

You can't bait Prisoners. If you save your Warden from a backstab, it's not baiting. (!)

And no, it's because KIDS become warden or just anyone who isn't thinking straight (at the time or never) that will cause accidents like this to happen. And then there will be more chaos.

Miyu please :giggle:
I know the general rules of Jailbreak you don't have to adress them silly~

Kids are not allowed to become Warden, atleast the bad ones since they will break rules. This server has that part already covered there is nothing to discuss about on that matter!
It's purely the point of Freedays who have GodMode who are able to abuse it, I think it's unfair. that is the point I would like to adress.

Please don't bring own game experience to the table or things what you have seen and be honest with me and agree with this thing:
Freedays are not able to be killed by the BLU team, this can be used to end a perfectly normal round in one stab.
I want something what prevents this from happening, even without admins on the servers.

Almost sounds like we need a new special class on the BLU team called "Warden's Right hand" who is in charge of keeping an eye out for Freedays, haha! just a joke!

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

it's been like this for a very long time, so it being a sudden problem and causing it to be a chaos on jailbreak every round is very new then, for sure since i play alot and never have issues, not even when i go undercover (changing my name)

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
It's true that it somewhat is a problem, but it's very isolated and removing god mode of freedays is not really a good solution.
You kinda can only end the round as a freeday when you have one guard left and are a spy. Pretty rare occurrence as miyuki stated.

~Wolf!

Somewhat Threatening

Zhiris

It's true that it somewhat is a problem, but it's very isolated and removing god mode of freedays is not really a good solution.
You kinda can only end the round as a freeday when you have one guard left and are a spy. Pretty rare occurrence as miyuki stated.

I am not talking about the end of the round?
I want to prevent Freedays messing up a perfectly normal round right off the bat.
Or better said, I want the BLU team to stand a chance to defend themself against something what can't be taken care off when it break the rules.
You know how frustrating it is to not be able to guard your own Warden as a BLU teammember because someone has a freeday?

But letting the guards be able to kill freedays is too big of a risk so that is why I suggest to atleast let the Warden have a chance to prevent a backstab or a ambush.
You should be able as a Warden to warn the freedays to not be stalked/baited constandly and able to kill them if they don't.
Freedays are meant to have a Free day. (duh) but people just forget what it means all the time seems like it.
It's a round where you don't have to follow the orders of the Warden so you can do whatever you would like in the map away from the Warden/Prisoners.

It would be great if you lose your freeday if you stay a little bit too long around the Warden because that doesn't mean you are not planning to have a day off to begin with.
but that isn't what this Suggestion is about.
There must be a solution/option for the BLU team to protect the warden against Freedays, this line already sounds silly since freedays in a prison shouldn't even be near a Warden.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Still a rare occasion when someone does it. It happens less than accidental freekills will happen when godmode is removed for Wardens. I'm not talking about other guards. But Wardens can screw it up too. And that will happen so much more than someone picking freeday and going spy to backstab a warden.

~Wolf!

Somewhat Threatening

Zhiris

Still a rare occasion when someone does it. It happens less than accidental freekills will happen when godmode is removed for Wardens. I'm not talking about other guards. But Wardens can screw it up too. And that will happen so much more than someone picking freeday and going spy to backstab a warden.

Do you know what I'm trying to say here?
I know that Wardens can accidently shoot freedays and I am not sure if it happens more than freeday rebellers (because with my experience it clearly doesn't even on this server) but that isn't the real thing I am trying to point out.

You can rebel on your Freeday, it's Jailbreak!

But you can't Freekill on Jailbreak... It's Rule number 1 basicly

You can punish players who freekill, which would be the case if people will kill freedays.
But in this current state there is nothing to avoid being brutally getting murdered by Freedays which is allowed. (in the rules)

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Reds can kill Blues even though they have a personal freeday. That's what I am trying to tell you.

I know what you are saying but you clearly don't get my points. I never said you can't rebel on freeday or that freekilling should be allowed.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Letting the warden, or any blu kill freedays is a stupid idea. No matter which way you look at it, at some point, some idiot is going to come a long and kill a freeday, there is going to be someone complaining and more work for admins to do because of some idiot. And if they do rebel, the freeday gets removed. So there is no real reason to do this.

~Wolf!

Somewhat Threatening

Zhiris

"some idiot" well this same idiot can also exploit the Freeday option and kill the warden in the next round.
Like I said before, freekilling isn't allowed and will be punished.
But this Freeday Godmode is too risky for a Warden to make a proper round.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
"some idiot" well this same idiot can also exploit the Freeday option and kill the warden in the next round.
Like I said before, freekilling isn't allowed and will be punished.
But this Freeday Godmode is too risky for a Warden to make a proper round.
Look, Wolf, I know you want to help make the server better but you're going around it the wrong way. The only person who seems to have this problem is you; most freedays don't care for killing the warden and the ones who do either will get hunted down by a new warden or run through the problem of not having an LR. And even if this was a problem, it would be worse if the warden could kill freedays because A) new players dony understand freedays and B) often I've had guards panic and shoot me before realising I'm a freeday. In all honesty, getting rid of the godmode would cause more problems than it would solve. Imagine it like this. A prisoner gets his LR after working so hard for it, then dies instantly when the warden gets scared. Or, a freeday kills a warden and then the round carries on. The freeday will probably die, but if not, his immunity is gone, and if the rest of Blue are actually obeying the rules, they can go warden. It's much less of a pain for admins to deal with as it's less likely to hold any form of rule breaking.

Oh, and don't say that we shouldn't use personal experience when answering. That's how you decide personally whether or not there's a problem on the first place.

~Wolf!

Somewhat Threatening

Zhiris

I personally don't like to stand up for this point, I really don't believe it or not.
But I think this will improve the Jailbreak server for most of the players which in this case is the new players looking for a Jailbreak server to stay with.
You got your community build up and there are plenty of new players join in who like to have the same chance as everybody else.

I personally have seen guards shooting at the freedays (2) so far so it makes a solid point why we shouldn't let guards be able to shoot Freedays.
But I also seen (4) cases of LR denial because the Warden got killed in the end when he was typing out the LR.
there should be a solution to this where the round can just end normally as every round, BLU team members are not very happy playing on the BLU team with freedays I hope you can agree with that since a lot of people leave BLU when freedays are picked. (I am one of those people as well, especially this server)

So please for the rest of the people on this thread don't argue this personally against me, I am want to raise a voice for the people who are not into the community itself yet.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
This used to be a problem on [REDACTED]-community's jailbreak, so I get where you're coming from, Wolf.

However, on these servers, wardens being killed by invincible freedays is not nearly as much of a problem since the blues have the ability to select themselves as warden once the previous one has died, in which case the freeday who murdered the warden has now lost their freeday and can be killed. The round continues on. But what if there are very few players on the blue team?

Well, let's say there are 3 freeday reds and only two blues. When one freeday kills the warden, the other two freedays lose their invincibility but still technically have freedays if they never rebelled, and the last remaining blue can either go mental with 'last guard kills all' or continue the round as a warden, but this time with the ability to kill any freedays who are baiting or rebelling.

In practice it actually works out pretty well. In most rounds the freedays do not directly prevent the LR from being given unless they coordinate really well, which seems like a nice balance.

There is of course always the problem of freedays messing up rounds in other ways by for instance activating all traps on deathrun before the reds get there or trapping all the blues somewhere by bodyblocking them - something which would indeed be solved by giving the warden the power to kill freedays - but this kind of thing is against the rules anyhow. If this happens while admins are offline, well, shit, nobody would be able to stop them directly aside from just ensuring they don't get any more freedays.

'If it happens while admins are offline then the players can do nothing to stop it' is an invalid argument in this particular case anyhow, as the same thing applies to chatspam, micspam, favouring, false freerun, etc etc...

I meant to comment on more of the jailbreak-related suggestions, but they seem to have been declined or deleted already?

~Wolf!

Somewhat Threatening

Zhiris

on these servers, wardens being killed by invincible freedays is not nearly as much of a problem since the blues have the ability to select themselves as warden once the previous one has died, in which case the freeday who murdered the warden has now lost their freeday and can be killed. The round continues on. But what if there are very few players on the blue team?

Thank you Viking, you actually take it a step further and explain why the servers are working as it is in this state without examples of your rounds but the server in general.

This is a good solid point, I am not used to have multiple Wardens in one round since a Warden is normally meant to be the most importand person in Jailbreak > thus so, him being the target of unjustified killing should be prevented.
But you are right, there are multiple Wardens so it's not that importand on what happens with the current one.

My personal opinion would be that it is kinda sad because it will give away the feeling of the Warden being an actual Warden who has to be protected at all cost (idea of Jailbreak)
Other than that it's nothing to be that worried about.

Well, let's say there are 3 freeday reds and only two blues. When one freeday kills the warden, the other two freedays lose their invincibility but still technically have freedays if they never rebelled

I must be honest, I did not know that it worked like this.
Glad that the system works like this, poor Warden though.

There is of course always the problem of freedays messing up rounds in other ways by for instance activating all traps on deathrun before the reds get there or trapping all the blues somewhere by bodyblocking them - something which would indeed be solved by giving the warden the power to kill freedays - but this kind of thing is against the rules anyhow. If this happens while admins are offline, well, shit, nobody would be able to stop them directly aside from just ensuring they don't get any more freedays.

Kind of against the rules?
What are the following punishments for this?

Thank you for explaining your thoughds on this matter and it has quite some usefull information for me.
I agree that the first Warden isn't that importand anymore since it can be replaced with another one. (y)

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Kind of against the rules?
What are the following punishments for this?

Less 'kind of against the rules', more 'this kind of thing is against the rules'

The part about freedays trapping blues is technically against the rules at "Getting in melee range of a Guard/Warden on purpose on ‘Free day’.", though there's not really a specific punishment set in stone for this, but it depends on the admin, the circumstances, if the perpetrator is a repeat offender and has previous bans etc.
Haven't ever needed to enforce it myself yet, people stop when asked to.

About freedays messing up the rounds in other ways, there are, as of now, two rules that apply to the blue team that disallow them from teamkilling and pushing buttons without consent, which I've just spoken to the fine folks in the JB rule discussion about and will make both those rules apply to freedays as well, so they can no longer squish other reds by closing doors on them or pushing them into danger while they have to be frozen etc.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Why is it that nobody listens to me but when someone else says the same thing but in other words, then, only then it gets accepted. o_O

~Wolf!

Somewhat Threatening

Zhiris

Less 'kind of against the rules', more 'this kind of thing is against the rules'

The part about freedays trapping blues is technically against the rules at "Getting in melee range of a Guard/Warden on purpose on ‘Free day’.", though there's not really a specific punishment set in stone for this, but it depends on the admin, the circumstances, if the perpetrator is a repeat offender and has previous bans etc.
Haven't ever needed to enforce it myself yet, people stop when asked to.

About freedays messing up the rounds in other ways, there are, as of now, two rules that apply to the blue team that disallow them from teamkilling and pushing buttons without consent, which I've just spoken to the fine folks in the JB rule discussion about and will make both those rules apply to freedays as well, so they can no longer squish other reds by closing doors on them or pushing them into danger while they have to be frozen etc.

That sounds like a good solution to this whole situation, thank you.
I think we are about to end this suggestion.

Please comment what has been changed in the Rules and share it on this thread so we can look it back up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom