Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Update Dodgeball Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taunt

Hello fellow gamers,

Here we are, all stuck in a cycle of playing TF2 over and over again, despite the fact that TF2's competitive scene will never amount to the likes of CS:GO or League of Legends and that all the blood, sweat, g-fuel, and finger grime we put into this game will never amount to anything worthwhile. So why we are all wasting our lives on such a pointless endeavor, we should at least make it not incredibly out of touch with the people that actually play the game.

Nobody cares about body blocking in db, so please, update the rules. :)

Yuuki

Uncharitable

Furina

Snooze
The fact is that they do there is more then just US DB Advanced there is also easy/wave and even for UK. I dont think its gonna happen.

Silorak

Monkas
Staff Member
Admin
Hello, Taunt.

Huh, remove stealing rule and now blocking rule?
Wow, should we just remove everything at this point?

Probably, not. Because I can already imagine what will happen from my own experience.
First, let's think about juggernaut rounds. Most of you, already swarm up the juggernaut like there was no tomorrow for him, even the rule exist. Without this rule, new players and you guys, would swarm up the juggernaut so hard, that he wouldn't be able to play, nor move. He will just become free points for you. Worst case scenario, he could go afk till you kill him.

Second thing, new players. I already noticed how you guys treat new guys there. Some of you, go close to them, steal their rockets and on top of that, you block them. Completely removing their ability to play nor have some enjoyment in dodgeball. Without this rule and as a new player of this gamemode if I was one of course. I don't think, I would play this gamemode. What's the point of playing this, when you get swarmed by dodgeball mains and never getting chance to airblast? Keep in mind their existence is more important than ours and they hold dodgeball alive. So stop being dodgeball boomer who only complains about rules and how unfair they are. Just adapt to the rules and find other ways to become better if that's what you seek.

Weegeee

Unremarkable
hey guys if its an advanced server then there should only be advanced players on there, right? l mean it's the players fault for being new to dodgeball and joining the "advanced" server. they should expect advanced people on an advanced server with an advanced rocket. also, tbf I have hardly ever seen staff on, except for yuukii.

advanced players I think know all the aspects of dodgeball quite well, so cqc, insta airblast, stuff like that all can be countered by an advanced player. while a casual player, which should probably be on the easy server, wouldn't know how to counter those things. so, the blocking rule should only apply to the easy server, not the advanced. me personally, I'm a fairly active player and from what I've seen the experienced players counter things like cqc no problem. so I doubt revoking the blocking rule would even make much of a difference cause people can just deal with it already. the only reason I assume most people want this rule gone is because its not fun being constantly told by staff to stop "blocking" because I walked a little to close to some dude, accident or not.

overall, just remove the rule. nobody likes to be told by fun police that they can't "block" because its against the rules. same with cqc, insta airblast, etc. advanced players just want to have fun and freedom and not be told by staff they can't walk within insta airblast distance without being slain. even then, is cqc or blocking even that big a deal. I, being an advanced player have no problem playing with cqcers. if I die, then damn, that should be my own fault for dying, not the other person's because they cqcd/blocked me. these things are actual aspects of dodgeball, making them against the rules just takes out a portion of the main game. dodgeball is a game of learning and practice, everytime you die, you learn something, and you don't make the same mistake. let cqc/blocking be a learning experience for people, if they never experience blocking/cqc, then they will keep dying to it, and they will definitely never learn to counter it.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
But why do we have 12 people voting against the removal?
Seems like only very few people actually want to see this rule gone

Yuuki

Uncharitable

Furina

Snooze
hey guys if its an advanced server then there should only be advanced players on there, right? l mean it's the players fault for being new to dodgeball and joining the "advanced" server. they should expect advanced people on an advanced server with an advanced rocket. also, tbf I have hardly ever seen staff on, except for yuukii.

advanced players I think know all the aspects of dodgeball quite well, so cqc, insta airblast, stuff like that all can be countered by an advanced player. while a casual player, which should probably be on the easy server, wouldn't know how to counter those things. so, the blocking rule should only apply to the easy server, not the advanced. me personally, I'm a fairly active player and from what I've seen the experienced players counter things like cqc no problem. so I doubt revoking the blocking rule would even make much of a difference cause people can just deal with it already. the only reason I assume most people want this rule gone is because its not fun being constantly told by staff to stop "blocking" because I walked a little to close to some dude, accident or not.

overall, just remove the rule. nobody likes to be told by fun police that they can't "block" because its against the rules. same with cqc, insta airblast, etc. advanced players just want to have fun and freedom and not be told by staff they can't walk within insta airblast distance without being slain. even then, is cqc or blocking even that big a deal. I, being an advanced player have no problem playing with cqcers. if I die, then damn, that should be my own fault for dying, not the other person's because they cqcd/blocked me. these things are actual aspects of dodgeball, making them against the rules just takes out a portion of the main game. dodgeball is a game of learning and practice, everytime you die, you learn something, and you don't make the same mistake. let cqc/blocking be a learning experience for people, if they never experience blocking/cqc, then they will keep dying to it, and they will definitely never learn to counter it.
The rule is place for ALL servers not just advanced and you need to remember that. And its supposed to keep new players on and rejoining so they join this community. You need to see that its not just the US region and more then the Advanced servers.

Weegeee

Unremarkable
The rule is place for ALL servers not just advanced and you need to remember that. And its supposed to keep new players on and rejoining so they join this community. You need to see that its not just the US region and more then the Advanced servers.
with that in mind, shouldn't stealing also be a rule in place for all servers?
new players can also be experienced, I doubt those players would enjoy this server with such strict rules in place. most people love stealing and cqc, getting rid of these things makes the game long and boring with no action. which is what I and most likely many others don't want. I don't see why this rule can't be revoked only on advanced servers, because that's what they are, advanced. if it could be done with stealing, it should be done with blocking and cqc.

let me just add on, if everyone already ignores/breaks this rule from the get-go, then why is it even a rule in place. tons of people play when staff aren't on and break these said rules all the time, and nobody fusses about it or reports/records it because nobody cares. it's a pointless rule and people only consider the rule when staff members exist and constantly tell them to stop doing it. but even then, even when staff is on, people still don't care. so I don't see the point. like honestly, I could care less if some dude blocked me, it was probably an accident, which it usually is. and if I get insta reflected, then I still would not care, at least in terms of rule-breaking, because the dude just caught my mistake and knew to predict my airblasting, something I could easily counter by just not airblasting at a specific time because they might anticipate that I will and try to airblast. in short, I can just not airblast when they think I will to not get insta airblasted, simple as that. this really isn't a problem, so why is it even against the rules.

again, keep in mind, an advanced server is advanced for a reason. new players should know that, and it is their fault for joining an advanced server not expecting advanced players. and if too many of these new players are joining advanced clueless, then maybe give some sort of indicator that it's actually advanced, or even a tutorial.

Yuuki

Uncharitable

Furina

Snooze

Another thing I realized is that "advanced" players play on the easy server where people play the same kinda styles and the same kinda way getting to the high 100s there. Easy only really enforces stealing and blocking a lot with a little bit of a slower rocket so it wouldn't have mattered if you joined Easy or Advanced you would still get just about the same kinda players.

Taunt

Let me update my stance: I think it should be removed on the advanced server but enforced on the easy server, plus you could always temporary remove the rule, see how it goes and if it doesn't go well, then reinstate the rule

Last edited:

Yuuki

Uncharitable

Furina

Snooze
Let me update my stance: I think it should be removed on the advanced server but enforced on the easy server, plus you could always temporary remove the rule, see how it goes and if it doesn't go well, then reinstate the rule
I could go with this idea but you guys did already remove the stealing rule and like he said why not just remove them all at that point all you guys are gonna do is keep asking to remove rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom