Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Team ban for new people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drax

Deadpool

Drax

There's always that one person on Blue that doesn't know what they are doing and when they are chosen for warden they unwarden. Or, even worse, stay warden and give banned orders or give terrible orders that don't make sense. Also, there are the new guards who don't know what they are doing who either don't stay with warden or accidentally mass freekill. In my opinion, a great way to fix this would be putting a two hour team ban automatically on new people. Not just a regular team ban that goes away after two hours, but a team ban that goes away after two hours of actually being on the server. This guarantees that the person (if they were paying attention on red) would be more knowledgable on how to be a good guard or an even better warden.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Not bad, I think once I told somebody, maybe Robb, I don't remember. That jb would need a similar thing to !drtoggle. Just !wardentoggle. The purpose is the same, this is a bit easier to make probably.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Not bad, I think once I told somebody, maybe Robb, I don't remember. That jb would need a similar thing to !drtoggle. Just !wardentoggle. The purpose is the same, this is a bit easier to make probably.
Without getting into it if someone isn't going to be warden then they are basically a drag on blue. If the first warden dies and there are 5 blues and 3 reds left who want an lr and no one goes warden guess what, 8 minutes of a round have been wasted for literally no reason. If someone who doesn't want to be warden gets selected by the system and he just unwardens, either someone else has to do it or the round gets thrown away as a freeday for everryone.
Now the problem with your idea drax is that if I'm some 7 year old kid who comes on I'm just going to be faffing around the whole time not knowing what to do. Before you know it 2 hours will be up and I can go click on all those pesky reds for no reason. On the flip side if someone like me originally who's played jailbreak for quite a while shows up to a bunch of incompetent guards that may be regulars who have played more than two hours, I'm going to be subject to their mercy and most likely will quit befor my 2 hours are up.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

@Jim I think he means 2 hours upon joining the server for the first time in their life. Not 2 hours every time you join the server, that would be crazy.

Drax

Deadpool

Drax

@Jim I think he means 2 hours upon joining the server for the first time in their life.
Yea, it's not a regular team ban that you can leave and go eat and come back and it will be over, it's two hours of server playtime. That's about how long it took me to learn all the rules on the server.

tom7351

Mildly Menacing
i think it needs to go away after 5 games that you PLAY. my opinion.

Drax

Deadpool

Drax

i think it needs to go away after 5 games that you PLAY. my opinion.

Explain what 5 games means. Do you mean rounds? If so, 5 rounds is not nearly enough for someone to learn how to play. Usually the people that are new have played at least 5 rounds anyway, they still don't know how to play warden or guard.

tom7351

Mildly Menacing
Explain what 5 games means. Do you mean rounds? If so, 5 rounds is not nearly enough for someone to learn how to play. Usually the people that are new have played at least 5 rounds anyway, they still don't know how to play warden or guard.
but then you do have a idea what it is with the rules, guard isn't that hard i must say.
i think that becoming warden must be automatically turned off for the new players then. So they can learn for as long as they want and when they are ready they can turn it on, also make it so that it doesn't get auto broadcasted.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
@Jim I think he means 2 hours upon joining the server for the first time in their life. Not 2 hours every time you join the server, that would be crazy.
No that's exactly what I thought he meant. For some little kid who doesn't know anything he's gonna be playing clicky clicky and wandering around for those two hours whether they be in one play session or like two at the most. A two hour block won't do anything for someone with either intention to do something stupid as they'll wait or someone without intention to do something accidentally out of stupidity. Afterwards he can screw up the game until either an admin or donor ends up dealing with it.

I'll restate a little more clearly. If I'm Jim and I have never played blackwonder but have played on intox and skial for about two years and know how to play jailbreak but those servers are either dead or went to shit so here I am. I join and there's a bunch of screaming kids on blue freekilling and all that jazz. I want to go blue to have a real round or not deal with being shot at for no reason. I can't.

If I'm some mass freekiller who likes making children squeal and cry maybe I won't deal with two hours and will go screw off somewhere else but maybe as a joke I'll play nice for a little while, my teamban runs out, we play w m1 clicky clicky adventure.

If I'm some guy who's found jailbreak for the first time I play for a little while and get the gist of the gamemode so I can finally go blue. Maybe I'll play warden but maybe I won't but chances are I won't have full understanding of every rule. I'm going to listen to the idiots around me because they know more than I do at the very least and I get told to do something stupid and do it or I do something stupid by accident. Yay a round ruined and that teamban didn't do much to stop it.

My final point is that this two hour teamban isn't going to solve anything. There's no way to completely deter ne'er-do-wells from trashing the server and there's no way to stop random accidents from happening. There is no solution to getting rid of bad people because life isn't perfect. So that sums up my thinking in a clear way I hope and sorry if I got a little triggered about my child known as Jailbreak who I love and keep near to my heart :p

Last edited:

NativeFlame

Unremarkable
i think a good idea would be to make a "what would you do in this scenario?" kind of thing , where it would say something like for example: Q: what would you do if: the warden says reds cant touch the grass and but then puts a marker on the grass? 1: kill anyone on the grass. 2: kill anyone not in the marker. 3: kill everyone cause some are not in the marker and others are touching grass. and if they dont answer correctly they would not be aloud to join blu, cause then only people who know what to do in these situations would be able to be on blu. this would atleast make it so people know what they should do, tho this would not stop freekillers!

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
i think a good idea would be to make a "what would you do in this scenario?" kind of thing , where it would say something like for example: Q: what would you do if: the warden says reds cant touch the grass and but then puts a marker on the grass? 1: kill anyone on the grass. 2: kill anyone not in the marker. 3: kill everyone cause some are not in the marker and others are touching grass. and if they dont answer correctly they would not be aloud to join blu, cause then only people who know what to do in these situations would be able to be on blu. this would atleast make it so people know what they should do, tho this would not stop freekillers!
Something like this but one could argue that not everyone speaks/writes perfect english especially on the EU servers (no offense) and may understand the quiz but not understand being a guard and vice versa.

NativeFlame

Unremarkable
Something like this but one could argue that not everyone speaks/writes perfect english especially on the EU servers (no offense) and may understand the quiz but not understand being a guard and vice versa.
well if they dont fully understand english to the point of them not understanding that, then they should not be on blu since you are required to speak english in voice chat to be on blu, and also maybe before the quiz the rules could show up and the quiz could be this thing to make sure they have read it.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
I like Busters idea but let's make a rule so players are not allowed to say what command it is and if they do it'll resolve with a punishment, since it's easy to take a screenshot of someone saying it in chat and easy to record it will be easy to make a report and put the required command to join blu team in the Jailbreak rules under guard rules on the website so you're forced too read the rules, this goes on joining blus team over all

EDIT it was apparently @Buster 's idea not @RainbowRob 's

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
Also

https://blackwonder.tf/threads/micheck-suggestions.5521/

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
Without getting into it if someone isn't going to be warden then they are basically a drag on blue. If the first warden dies and there are 5 blues and 3 reds left who want an lr and no one goes warden guess what, 8 minutes of a round have been wasted for literally no reason. If someone who doesn't want to be warden gets selected by the system and he just unwardens, either someone else has to do it or the round gets thrown away as a freeday for everryone.
Now the problem with your idea drax is that if I'm some 7 year old kid who comes on I'm just going to be faffing around the whole time not knowing what to do. Before you know it 2 hours will be up and I can go click on all those pesky reds for no reason. On the flip side if someone like me originally who's played jailbreak for quite a while shows up to a bunch of incompetent guards that may be regulars who have played more than two hours, I'm going to be subject to their mercy and most likely will quit befor my 2 hours are up.
Then maybe add a /voteend
Adds a vote menu whether to end the round or not
or a /votewarden
Adds a votemenu where the server can vote for a player in guard team to be warden (only usable when there's an lr or warden is locked)
command wich would end the round? Usable once a round?

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

I honestly think that you should keep it as it's now. A rulebrealer will glady play out a 2 hour guardban while a possible new regular player (who has no intention of breaking the rules) will probably get bored or irritated by it and leaves.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
I honestly think that you should keep it as it's now. A rulebrealer will glady play out a 2 hour guardban while a possible new regular player (who has no intention of breaking the rules) will probably get bored or irritated by it and leaves.
I think they are talking about 2 hours spent alive or something, and also Id rather have a player who doesn't know the rules leave rather than breaking them

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

I think they are talking about 2 hours spent alive or something, and also Id rather have a player who doesn't know the rules leave rather than breaking them

I know it's 2 hours spend alive and again a rulebreaker will mostly be willing to spend those 2 hours but that doesn't go for people who actually want to follow the rules.

I mean if I was one of those people that loved playing on Blu when I joined this community and I'd be blocked from doing it untill I spend 2 hours alive then I would probably leave. (And I'm a person who knew the general rules and info of JB when I joined)

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
I know it's 2 hours spend alive and again a rulebreaker will mostly be willing to spend those 2 hours but that doesn't go for people who actually want to follow the rules.

I mean if I was one of those people that loved playing on Blu when I joined this community and I'd be blocked from doing it untill I spend 2 hours alive then I would probably leave. (And I'm a person who knew the general rules and info of JB when I joined)
Maybe some kind of appeal option?

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Maybe some kind of appeal option?

Or this option doesn't get added and people just call an admin on discord when there is a rulebreaker or make a report.

In the case of people not knowing the rules it's our duty (in my opinion) as regulars (and the donors/admins) to make them aware of the rules, if they choose to ignore them they can be seen as a possible rulebreaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom