Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Team ban for new people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drax

Deadpool

Drax

There's always that one person on Blue that doesn't know what they are doing and when they are chosen for warden they unwarden. Or, even worse, stay warden and give banned orders or give terrible orders that don't make sense. Also, there are the new guards who don't know what they are doing who either don't stay with warden or accidentally mass freekill. In my opinion, a great way to fix this would be putting a two hour team ban automatically on new people. Not just a regular team ban that goes away after two hours, but a team ban that goes away after two hours of actually being on the server. This guarantees that the person (if they were paying attention on red) would be more knowledgable on how to be a good guard or an even better warden.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
Or this option doesn't get added and people just call an admin on discord when there is a rulebreaker or make a report.

In the case of people not knowing the rules it's our duty (in my opinion) as regulars (and the donors/admins) to make them aware of the rules, if they choose to ignore them they can be seen as a possible rulebreaker.
I meant the people who knows the rules required to be on guard team

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
Drexils if you ask me, I think you should add a poll with the options you have

Options
Add 2 hours teamban to new players on blu

Add a command wich is required to join blu wich is only mentioned in the rules

During delayed rounds or warden being locked (Add a /votewarden and a /voteend command)

Drax

Deadpool

Drax

Thank you all for the wonderful ideas! They've all been really good points. Right now, I think the best option is @NativeFlame 's idea with the sort of quiz to be on blue. We could put the command to take the quiz in the jailbreak rules. This ensures that they have read the rules (or at least skimmed them) and have a basic understanding of being on blue. If they fail the quiz then there should be a day wait to do it again. This means people can't take the quiz over and over again and eventually get lucky. I know this doesn't completely eliminate the problem of mass free killers, but it would prevent many from doing it.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

To be honest there is no way to stop rulebreakers entirely from joining Blu, well there is one but that would lower the JB playerbase to 0 -> basically if you make it so you have to apply on the forum to be able to go on Blu, that would stop rulebreakers from being able to go on Blu but as I said that would destroy the playerbase.

Windflow

Somewhat Threatening
it should be like do /jbgr it would show the rules of being a guard from the jb rules post and the warden part you would need to answer a question after it

Emma

Mildly Menacing

Emma

How about the new people that join the community and do know the rules?
For example me. I joined the server with previous knowledge of jailbreak and had no problem.
With this you also punish the players that are new and do know the rules

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
I agree with Emma on this one.

This may seem good on paper, but if somebody joins a server looking to play BLU and realizes they can't until they have so much playtime, they're going to just leave and join a server that doesn't have such a restriction

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

How about the new people that join the community and do know the rules?
For example me. I joined the server with previous knowledge of jailbreak and had no problem.
With this you also punish the players that are new and do know the rules

In my opinion you cant be perfect and know all the rules from the beginning. Theres always different rules on different servers and you maybe have to adapt to the new rules before going on blue. I do however think that 2 hours is to little, reason being is that you, as a new player don't automatically read all the rules and learn from it right away. As I said, you're not perfect. (Not pointing out at anybody here). I personally really want people to really learn all the rules before taking action and this can pose a problem in my opinion.

Also xXNoobslayerXx, people that make alt accounts mostly do it due to being banned on their main account and therefore, console will detect and double the ban. And even if it wasn't the reason, players could just wait out the time or as Steve Harvey Oswald said, just leave cause of too many restrictions.

I do agree with Pablos option : Add a command that is required to join blue which requires to look in the rules cause then more experienced JB players have an advantage.

Last edited:

Emma

Mildly Menacing

Emma

I don't agree with Vick because eventho I read the rules when I first joined I still made small mistakes.
You don't learn from only reading the rules you learn from applying them. Even when I play now I am still learning and I will keep on learning by playing as a BLU or as Warden. By taking this option away you don't encourage players to play on blackwonder.
This is just my opinion

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

I do not think that playing 2 hours on the server does inicate any progression towards Warden/Guard playability,
First there are those who already have jailbreak experience, they quickly get adviced to type /jbrules (or read what pops up) and would know what to do, but not being able to Blu will cause them to most likely just quit.
Second there are those who only play jailbreak for random, I see quite some players wich only play red and still make mistakes, altough I see them everytime I am there and you'd expect them to have learned

The onliest think that would make sense restricting Blus to be competent is to have them manually approved by either admins and/or trusted players wich have special permissions on jailbreak server, wich would either require more admins to get somewhat 24/7 service for all jailbreak servers or annoying coding, and even that has multiple downsides.

Regardless I wish this to be possible, but sadly I do not see this solving much.

Last edited:

Melectrome

Legendary
Mega support.
There are only advantages to this!
- Less freekillers as they would actually need to play some time before they can grief and freekill
- Less clueless no order blus
- Less accidental rulebreaks

and overall better experience.

While this will probably make the usuall blu count smaller, this will definitely be something good for JB.

D

Deleted member 2049

It will probably be a good addition, there are some things that can be good out of it like:

Pros:
1. Alt accounts won't be able to mass freekill instantly, and will probably get bored waiting to get on blu
2. Gives new players time to experience red
3. Gives new players some time to learn how to be a guard or warden

Cons:
1. For experienced players of jailbreak, they may not be able to join blu if they are new to the server even if they know the rules

eh, thats all i can think of right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom