Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Sandvich's Admin Application for Your Humble Consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOnlySandvich

Personal Information

Name

Sandvich

Your Age

15 (06/29/04)

Pearl River, Louisiana

Your SteamID

| steamname: Demoknight TF2
| steam3ID: [U:1:311346936]
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:155673468
| steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198271612664
| steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198271612664

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?

No I do not believe so, but everyone starts somewhere.

Are you familiar with admin commands?

Not TF2 specific ones.

On which servers do you usually play?

I play on Hightower No Carts everyday. I play on x10 occasionally. Although I do not play them often, I have experience with Trade Servers, 2fort, Zombie Fortress, and MvM. If BlackWonder has specific rules for MvM or Zombie Fortress I may need to be filled in.

Application Questions

-When you decided to apply.

I decided to apply on the 14th of December, 2019. I actually applied on 12/16/19.

-Why you decided to apply.

I have been playing on the Hightower No Carts server almost everyday for the past 2 or 3 weeks. I have played on BlackWonder servers before just not to this extent. In these past 2 or 3 weeks I have made friends with a lot of the regulars on the server. I love playing on the server with them, but sometimes our experience can be disrupted by a few people on the server micblasting, spraying nsfw, using racial slurs, etc. There rarely seem, if ever, to be admins on the server, and often times I have been told that the call admin function takes a while.

-Why do you think you should become an admin.

I personally believe that if I, a regular, could be an admin I could keep an enjoyable playing experience on the server while other admins are on special gamemode servers. I also think that it would benefit at least this specific server to have an admin on consistently since there seem to be none that are on the server often. However, if need be, I can also admin on other servers as needed as I am available quite often.

-Experiences, abilities and knowledge that might be of use(for you and Blw.tf in the future).

I know Javascript fundamentals. I have been pursuing computer science since I can remember. I do not get angry easily so I will not ever abuse admin powers. I have good reasoning skills and am able to organize information easily. I am also about to be certified in Adobe DreamWeaver CC in a week or so, and afterwards Adobe Photoshop.

-Maybe even some of your history at blackwonder.

I believe I have stated most of it already. I only started playing consistently 2 or 3 weeks ago, but I have played on BlackWonder servers in the past.

Do you know any of our current staff members?

No I do not.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.

(Central Time Zone) I usually play from 4:00 - 11:00-12:00 on weekdays and all day pretty much on every other weekend. I am away from my computer every other weekend due to family reasons. If I am not on TF2 I can probably be reached on Discord at Sandvich#4067.

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?

For this section I will focus on servers such as 2fort, Hightower, x10, and Trade since that is what I am most comfortable with. (Note: Perma silence / mute / gag aren't really permanent and can and should be repealed (for the first time) if they apologize and a seemingly appropriate amount of time passes.)

-Being Offensive to Users in Chat

1st- 15 minute mute / gag depending on if they're using voice or text. 15 minute silence for both.
2nd- 30 minute mute / gag / silence following the same outline.
3rd- Kick the player.
4th- Ban.

Extensive Slurs.

1st- 30 minute silence.
2nd- Kick the player.
3rd- Ban.

I have no tolerance for racist/homophobic etc slurs.

-Spamming Text or Voice Chat.

1st- Warning.
2nd- 15 minute mute / gag depending on if they're using voice or text. 15 minute silence for both.
3rd- 30 minute mute / gag / silence following the same outline.
4th- 1 hour mute / gag / silence following the same outline.
5th- Perma silence.

-English Only on Voice Chat.

1st- Warning.
2nd- 5 minute mute.
3rd- 10 minute silence.
4th- 15 minute silence.
5th- Perma silence.

-Have a Proper Microphone.

1st- Warning.
2nd- 5 minute mute.
3rd- 10 minute silence.
4th- 15 minute silence.
5th- Perma silence.

-No Inappropriate Sprays.

Full nudity, extreme gore, offensive symbols, slurs, and extremely flashy / distracting.

1st- Warning.
(If they are using the objector, go to number 3.)
2nd- Spray ban.
(If they start to use the objector or another account.)
3rd- Kick.
4th- Ban.

-No Hacking / Cheating.

Script kitties get an instant ban.

-No Exploiting.

1st- Warning.
2nd- Smite.
3rd- Warning.
4th- Kick.
5th- Just keep killing them if they come back.
6th (In extreme cases only. Like they are using an exploit and spraying inappropriate images or somehow targeting a group of people from the exploit.) Ban.

-Advertising Scripts or Cheats.

1st- Warning. (They might just think it's a funny joke.)
2nd- Ban. They are just as bad as the script kitties.

-Exposing an Undercover Admin

1st- 1 hour silence.
2nd- Kick.
3rd- Ban.

-Abusing !calladmin.

1st- Warning.
2nd- 1 hour gag.
3rd- 1 day gag.
4th- 1 month gag.
5th- Perma gag.

-No Spawnkilling.

1st- Warning.
2nd- Warning.
3rd- Team ban them from their current team.
4th- Smite them when they try.
5th (If they are at it for like half an hour.)- Kick.

-No Griefing (Multiple people spamming tons of pills or beggars on x10 etc.)

1st- Warning.
2nd- Warning.
3rd- Smite when they try.
4th (For extreme cases) - Kick.

-No Scamming

1st- Warning.
2nd- Kick.
3rd- Kick.
4th-Ban.

-No Begging for Items.

1st- Warning.
2nd- 15 minute gag.
3rd- 30 minute gag.
4th and onward- 1 hour gag.

Sorry if that was a little long winded. I've never been an admin on a server so i just wanted to be thorough and go through all of the main punishable rules provided by the website.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.

Ok so I will just list stuff off.

-Got my first console when I was 6 or 7.

-Manage a YouTube, Twitch, and Discord server. (Not meaning this to self promote just to show I do manage things that aren't servers.)

-I have 3 years, coming up on 4 years in a couple days, of service on steam.

-I have over 2,700 hours in TeamFortress 2.

-I hold 5th place on the Titan Fall 2 ps4 any% speedrun.

-I have managed multiple tribes in ARK as well as several groups/communities on playstation and I have people to vouch for my decision making skills in that regard.

-I know Javascript and I am about to be certified in Adobe DreamWeaver CC which is used for making websites. (HTML and CSS as well).

-I have a 3.9 GPA in advanced classes.

-I know it sounds pretentious but I am the Assistant Admin Officer this year and Admin Officer next year in my NJROTC Unit meaning i can deal with information and computers.

-I am pretty open to talk to and would love to chat with anyone I can.

I am sorry if this application was too long but I know I have not had much experience being and admin for a server and am not necessarily the most indulged in the BlackWonder community so I tried to be thorough. I am in the discord now and will try my hardest to make myself known outside of my regular Hightower server. I really believe that if I got admin I would do a great job. Thank you for taking the time to read and consider my application and I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Wodeurus

Uncharitable

Alex

Hello Sandvich, I hope you're having a good day, I'll just list a few points
According to tfstats, your first session was a little over a week ago, and you have almost 15 hours of playtime, not saying that it's bad, but a little early to apply.
You also joined the forums and discord recently.
Screenshot 93.png
Your punishment section is all over the place, please take a look at accepted/declined applications to get a general idea of what we're expecting here (don't just copy them).
We don't ban for chat related offenses, and you seem to have punishments jump from minutes to permanent, which is too harsh.
All in all, I would suggest you to get acknowledged with the community more and improve your punishment section.
Oh, also, just a little nitpick, what's with the "Demoknight TF2" in chat?
Screenshot 94.png

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello sandvich. Aside from the fact that you did not apply using the form, causing information to be missing. You do not appear to have even a very-basic understanding of how punishments should be issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom