Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rule Change: Punish for indecent items

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwZooom

Mildly Menacing

AwZooom

Hiya, just wanted to suggest adding a rule to punish players for using inappropriate items in game.
Suggesting this because after reporting a person on one of the TF2 Hightower servers for using an amby that says "[N-Word] killing revolver" with the description "burn [N-Word] rape all [N-Word]", I'd been told that there is no punishment for such offences.
I think there should be.

Thats all thanks have a good one

Pienamai

Face Melting
Honestly, the issue I see in moderating it is how. Are we supposed to ban people who have offensive items names? You can warn them not to use them but then what if they do anyway? Other issues like chat or signs have easier solutions, like a gag or a sprayban. But how would you punish an offensive item name?

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
Honestly, the issue I see in moderating it is how. Are we supposed to ban people who have offensive items names? You can warn them not to use them but then what if they do anyway? Other issues like chat or signs have easier solutions, like a gag or a sprayban. But how would you punish an offensive item name?
I'm sure they would stop using the item after being kicked or banned.

AwZooom

Mildly Menacing

AwZooom

Yes, you are supposed to ban people who use offensive items, in the same way you would when someone uses racial slurs.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
I'm sure they would stop using the item after being kicked or banned.
there's not much we can do about it other than kill the servers and ban everyone with a mean item walking around (there are a lot of those people).
This is not a position taken recently, this has been a policy for at least two years, most likely longer. If a method existed to adequately deal with item names without banning their owner it would've made itself known by now. It has not. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you'll just have to grin and bear a few seconds of vulgar content.
If by chance I'm wrong and something IS implemented, you'll be the first to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom