Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rule Change: Punish for indecent items

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwZooom

Mildly Menacing

AwZooom

Hiya, just wanted to suggest adding a rule to punish players for using inappropriate items in game.
Suggesting this because after reporting a person on one of the TF2 Hightower servers for using an amby that says "[N-Word] killing revolver" with the description "burn [N-Word] rape all [N-Word]", I'd been told that there is no punishment for such offences.
I think there should be.

Thats all thanks have a good one

AwZooom

Mildly Menacing

AwZooom

And how are we supposed to change someone else's items that they spent money on?
I am suggesting that they not be permitted to use them on servers, same as a lewd objector would be. Being killed by a gun that says "[N-Word] Killing Revolver" is incredibly offensive.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
We can remove someone's objector image or spray but we can't remove people's items from their inventory that again, they paid for. So how do we "not permit" people to use their items, and on what basis?

AwZooom

Mildly Menacing

AwZooom

We can remove someone's objector image or spray but we can't remove people's items from their inventory that again, they paid for. So how do we "not permit" people to use their items, and on what basis?
They should not be permitted to use them in the sense of simply not equipping them. Being killed by one of those items, I'd be forced to read its offensive message. But if it were just sitting in their inventory It'd be fine, as me looking at those items would just be my own doing. This would all be on the basis that general offensiveness such as the N-Word is not permitted, yet a weapon containing such would bypass the rules. This oversight should be addressed,

• Haha
Reactions: Jim

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Trolls will be trolls; We aren't the internet police here. You have to choose not to read mean messages because there's not much we can do about it other than kill the servers and ban everyone with a mean item walking around (there are a lot of those people).

There is no oversight on our end when the issue is a flaw with how the game is designed.

AwZooom

Mildly Menacing

AwZooom

Trolls will be trolls; We aren't the internet police here. You have to choose not to read mean messages because there's not much we can do about it other than kill the servers and ban everyone with a mean item walking around (there are a lot of those people).

There is no oversight on our end when the issue is a flaw with how the game is designed.
I just have to choose not to read mean messages? What about when someone spouts slurs in chat? Attacks my character? Harasses and insults players? Are we to just ignore this? Using your logic, yes we should. Yet the rules contradict this: We are not permitted to harass and attack on another. Because simply not reading mean messages does not work. Those messages will still be there, whether you like it or not. The main purpose of staffing on community servers is moderation. As you seem to describe, the "internet police". That is what you are supposed to do. Otherwise the Blackwonder servers would devolve into madness akin to the chat in 2b2t.

Sammy~?

Truly Feared

Sammy~?

There's rules to keep toxicity away, but weapon names are just not under control. You choose to move your eyes to the corner of the screen to read the weapon name and chat, it's really easy to ignore and if you are this sensitive you shouldn't be playing this game especially by how toxic it is. I'm no staff member so I might be wrong regardless

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
This seems silly talk about it.

1) No one complains about weapons name ever since until now.

2) People who set weapon name, then have enforce people to change. That cost money. People don't have money.

I am totally agree with Jim and ~Dex they said.

AwZooom

Mildly Menacing

AwZooom

There's rules to keep toxicity away, but weapon names are just not under control. You choose to move your eyes to the corner of the screen to read the weapon name and chat, it's really easy to ignore and if you are this sensitive you shouldn't be playing this game especially by how toxic it is. I'm no staff member so I might be wrong regardless
Indeed, my issue would be solved if I just stopped being offended, or if I chose to ignore offensive content. But this is an ineffective solution, I would say. For one, people won't stop being offended. This is just a part of being human, which is unavoidable and can't be moderated, no one can tell people how to feel. But people can chose to BE offensive. This is NOT just a part of being human. As this is a choice, this CAN be moderated, so it should be. If this moderation poses a special challenge, then this challenge just has to be encountered.

AwZooom

Mildly Menacing

AwZooom

This seems silly talk about it.

1) No one complains about weapons name ever since until now.

2) People who set weapon name, then have enforce people to change. That cost money. People don't have money.

I am totally agree with Jim and ~Dex they said.
I am NOT saying to make people rename their weapons. I am saying they should not be allowed to USE them on blackwonder servers.

Sammy~?

Truly Feared

Sammy~?

Indeed, my issue would be solved if I just stopped being offended, or if I chose to ignore offensive content. But this is an ineffective solution, I would say. For one, people won't stop being offended. This is just a part of being human, which is unavoidable and can't be moderated, no one can tell people how to feel. But people can chose to BE offensive. This is NOT just a part of being human. As this is a choice, this CAN be moderated, so it should be. If this moderation poses a special challenge, then this challenge just has to be encountered.

you also CHOOSE to read it

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

Hiya, just wanted to suggest adding a rule to punish players for using inappropriate items in game.
Suggesting this because after reporting a person on one of the TF2 Hightower servers for using an amby that says "[N-Word] killing revolver" with the description "burn [N-Word] rape all [N-Word]", I'd been told that there is no punishment for such offences.
I think there should be.

Thats all thanks have a good one
agreed

you also CHOOSE to read it
lmao this makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom