Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Invalid Report against Maimix | blw.tf (Admin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee

Sufficiently Lethal

Dee

i just find it stupid tbh it's just the way maimix is and almost everyone enjoys it bar obviously these 2 people -_-
Maimix = Abusive? I honestly don't care in a personal manner but when we are talking about admins, no way.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
Then why do the command in the first place? For fun? If I ban someone just for "fun" nobody will be laughing and especially not the person banned, but sure, we'll go with your logic.
banning someone so they cant play at all and changing someones name is completely and utterly different

Gamus

Unremarkable
Who are you Reporting? Maimix | blw.tf (Admin)

What is the accused persons SteamID? STEAM_0:1:51064341

What rules has the reported player broken? Admin Abuse:
- Abusing Voting-command (Mass Abuse/Misusage)
- Abusing Renaming-Command (Misusage)
- Abusing Respawn-Command (Misusage)
- Abusing Soundlist-command (Spamming) [No Evidence]

Upload any proof you have here!

Provide any links to proof here! Even more screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/aqucw

People are going to hate me for this :(

in total, i know maimix hasnt done anything wrong. it just seems like it was all done with good intention

Kowii

Inactive, But always lurking.

Kow

Then why do the command in the first place? For fun? If I ban someone just for "fun" nobody will be laughing and especially not the person banned, but sure, we'll go with your logic.
What does banning have to do with this? ._.

Look, I already said a bazillion times I'm sorry for it AND that I admit that I abused, just drop that subject already, geez.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Changing names and banning someone are two completely different scenarios, one does damage while the other doesn't

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

When you told me that Maimix was abusing, I honestly thought Maimix might have banned a lot of people, or gagged people for no reason, renamed people to offensive names, but honestly this isn't what I would class as abusive...

To change your name back you simply rejoin the server to fix it. (I think)
To stop the sounds, do !sounds and select "off".
The votes are harmless and they were funny, especially when myself, Maimix and @RainbowRob were on. We do it as a joke.

And about the respawning... if it's at the start of a round, it honestly doesn't matter. I will respawn everyone on the second round of the game incase they just missed it, and I current respawn everyone incase they get killed in the armory as the last second. Also, if someone accidentally blows themself up because they pressed Q which is there bind for explode. It's harmless. I could understand reporting it if it was in the middle of the round, just to rebel... but come on... this is a bit... pathetic?

With all this said, unless theres any other issues, maybe we could close this since we have basically debunked it?

Dee

Sufficiently Lethal

Dee

banning someone so they cant play at all and changing someones name is completely and utterly different
How is this different? Both cases are abuse, not even 25% of the server was asking to be renamed. Nor was the banned person in my scenario.

will5023

Maimix = Abusive? I honestly don't care in a personal manner but when we are talking about admins, no way.
so far all your definition of abuse is admins can do stuff that normal players can't and for some reason that is abuse. i am fairly certain that is the entire point of being an admin that you can do things normal players cant. IE funny votes, sound spamming - people find this funny. it's not like maimix is banning everyone instantly or doing things like vote kicking people when they kill him. He changed peoples names - these can be changed back instantly, he did some funny votes - not aimed at anyone he doesnt know, - respawn he did this to challenge wanka - (a friend_ he did not afterwards go and start killing other people. the sound spamming - his identifier and almost all the time people laugh and ask for specific ones.

will5023

How is this different? Both cases are abuse, not even 25% of the server was asking to be renamed. Nor was the banned person in my scenario.
banned = cannot play the game. Name changed = oh no shift+tab , settings .change back. how can you even compare the two things.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
Oh please. A ban prevents you from playing and a rename is a minor, easily revertable inconvenience that can be avoided if you talk to Maimix. Stop acting like a ban and a rename are the same. Next thing you'll tell me petty theft and murder are the same. The thread is closed and we're talking to Maimix, and you can talk to him yourself if you so please. Now everyone, just drop it.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Abusing powers: doing something you are not allowed to do.

Making votes is not against the rules. Renaming people is not against the rules.

If you see admins respawning themselves after they failed a minigame or rebeled, thats admin abuse.
Smiting a guard that killed them when they tried rebelling, thats admin abuse.
Teleporting themselves around the map to escape, thats admin abuse.
Muting, gagging or banning people for no legit reason, thats admin abuse.

I am now replying to a closed thread, thats not admin abuse.

We have powers that others dont have, just like donators have more access than non-donators. But using it without disturbing the game is not admin abuse.

I remember even on deathRun, before I was admin, how Benedevil and other admins slapped me untill I flew over the trap. Just a random funny note imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Top Bottom