Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Removing announcement whenever punishing someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Okay, so I was just on Deathrun and at the start I noticed someone had kindly posted a lovely anime spray which was rather revealing. So I proceeded to ban this spray, but the server broadcasted the sprayban to the entire server.

"Omg theres an admin here"
*gasp" "I wonder who it is."
"An admin on deathrun?"

So could we possibly remove the broadcasting to the whole server whenever we ban, comm block, or sprayban someone? I mean, the whole server doesn't need to know we have punished someone, do they? If I see someone breaking the rules, I have to record down there name, ID, punishment and length of time I would do, then wait to punish them... So could this be removed?

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
Okay, so I was just on Deathrun and at the start I noticed someone had kindly posted a lovely anime spray which was rather revealing. So I proceeded to ban this spray, but the server broadcasted the sprayban to the entire server.

"Omg theres an admin here"
*gasp" "I wonder who it is."
"An admin on deathrun?"

So could we possibly remove the broadcasting to the whole server whenever we ban, comm block, or sprayban someone? I mean, the whole server doesn't need to know we have punished someone, do they? If I see someone breaking the rules, I have to record down there name, ID, punishment and length of time I would do, then wait to punish them... So could this be removed?
Although I do agree with this I think letting people know ON the server that breaking a rule will punish you is shown. I know this means that people "planning" to break the rules will know that there's an admin online at that particular moment but it's also important for the players to know that the rule breaker has been punished for their actions so they won't bitch because even if the punishment wouldn't appear in chat there's going to be people saying "Ohh there's an admin online why isn't he punishing the rule breaker? Hey admin there's an admin on why isn't he/she doing anything?!" Which stills gives us the problem: People calling out admins!

Last edited:

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Although I do agree with this I think letting people know ON the server that breaking a rule will punish you is shown. I know this means that people "planning" to break the rules will know that there's an admin online at that particular moment but it's also important for the players to know that the rule breaker has been punished for their actions so they won't bitch because even if the punishment wouldn't appear in chat there's going to be people saying "Ohh there's an admin online why isn't he punishing the rule breaker? Hey admin there's an admin on why isn't he/she doing anything?!" Which stills gives us the problem: People calling out admins!

Well, for someone to know the player has been punished, they can simply make a report and an admin is likely to respond with "The player has already been punished by X" or the person breaking the rules will be unable to continue breaking the rules due to the punishment. Also, if we hide the punishments which are taking place to the entire server, but only show them to the admins and the user being punished, then how will they know an admin is on? @Benedevil is currently looking to remove the only option for a user to see if an admin is on a server, from the server itself. So the only way to be able to tell if an admin is actually on the server while undercover is for the admin to announce himself being on, or the announcements from the punishments.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
Well, for someone to know the player has been punished, they can simply make a report and an admin is likely to respond with "The player has already been punished by X" or the person breaking the rules will be unable to continue breaking the rules due to the punishment. Also, if we hide the punishments which are taking place to the entire server, but only show them to the admins and the user being punished, then how will they know an admin is on? @Benedevil is currently looking to remove the only option for a user to see if an admin is on a server, from the server itself. So the only way to be able to tell if an admin is actually on the server while undercover is for the admin to announce himself being on, or the announcements from the punishments.
Well when you put it like that I agree with you! Although I didn't understand half of which you told me

Last edited:

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
While the majority of people says "Yes", here is my input:

I like to warn player before I punish them. In order to do that, I need to show authority, otherwise they ignore me. So for me, what's the point of hiding then anyway, since I warned them openly? Yes, I could directly message them, but I usually don't do that. I prefer publicly displaying it. And if they do not act upon my warning, I punish them. That way they cannot give me the excuse "but I didn't get warned!". So, my vote says "No, I would like to keep things as they are".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom