Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed remove jetpack from jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayycob

Mildly Menacing
we need this removed for both red and blu its the most anoyying part, they can auto escape the area easy, and can get to the ammo areas in some maps with the click of a button, please remove this as soon as possible <3

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

4) Drastically increasing the holster time

Strange idea but this could also fix it, having a drawing/holster time of 3 or more seconds (from wich around 1 prevents quickswapping) could and probably will give Blu the time to react as it is common practice to forbid it.

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

Maybe don't remove it completely, but just make it less OP/Useful/Annoying by:

1) Increasing the Recharge time
2) Making the blast weaker
3) Make the user run 5/10% slower (lowering pyro's speed to about demo's speed)
4) Drastically increasing the holster time
5) Disabeling Bhop assist when active
6) Giving the weapon 1 charge that can only be refilled with ammo
7) Only letting the charges be refilled with ammo

That would be a waste of time and would aquire a lot of coding.

Dell

Truly Feared
I agree with removing it, at least from RED. Wardens have to make sure they specifically give orders not to use them. There is also the fact that pyros who know how to use it get away EXTREMELY fast. Especially if someone is shooting at them, propelling them away. It regenerates quickly, so they will constantly be getting away and if it goes on long enough, end up delaying the round.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
What we might do which I might have already said it completely disable the jetpack for reds until they pick up ammo and leave it alone for blues.

adam

Somewhat Threatening
Keep them, in my opinion, with no offense included, it's the people's fault that don't have jetpack, like BLUs trying to catch rebelling jetpack-equipped players, and rebellers fault for trying to rebel while there's a BLU equipped with jetpack.
While this may be frustrating for people that don't have the weapon, sorry, your fault.
also please don't get salty for me simply stating my opinion, it's just what I think.

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

Keep them, in my opinion, with no offense included, it's the people's fault that don't have jetpack, like BLUs trying to catch rebelling jetpack-equipped players, and rebellers fault for trying to rebel while there's a BLU equipped with jetpack.
While this may be frustrating for people that don't have the weapon, sorry, your fault.
also please don't get salty for me simply stating my opinion, it's just what I think.
Blues then have to sacrifice being able to use the shotgun as pyro for a jet pack, which sucks. This only creates problems for blues, because in order to catch rebels you have to give up being able to regularly help the warden. No other class has any weapon that makes rebelling such a child's play ordeal as the jet pack does for the pyro. Does this mean that from now on, all blues have to play pyro in order to catch rebels? This creates a disadvantage against other classes and makes it harder for blues to kill people in groups (since flamethrower would cause mfk as opposed to shotgun). It's just too much of a hassle for blues, and it can be abused heavily during a lack of blues (server is not very full) and with the dragons furys ability to practically delete people, this makes it so easy for rebel pyros to win. Overall, I don't think it should be allowed on red until ammo is picked up.

adam

Somewhat Threatening
Blues then have to sacrifice being able to use the shotgun as pyro for a jet pack, which sucks. This only creates problems for blues, because in order to catch rebels you have to give up being able to regularly help the warden. No other class has any weapon that makes rebelling such a child's play ordeal as the jet pack does for the pyro. Does this mean that from now on, all blues have to play pyro in order to catch rebels? This creates a disadvantage against other classes and makes it harder for blues to kill people in groups (since flamethrower would cause mfk as opposed to shotgun). It's just too much of a hassle for blues, and it can be abused heavily during a lack of blues (server is not very full) and with the dragons furys ability to practically delete people, this makes it so easy for rebel pyros to win. Overall, I don't think it should be allowed on red until ammo is picked up.
You got a good point there, the jetpack shouldn't be removed completely but the REDS only get it until they pick ammo.

Osome Oli

Sufficiently Lethal
What we might do which I might have already said it completely disable the jetpack for reds until they pick up ammo and leave it alone for blues.
Would the same happen to other things like jarate and mad milk?

Osome Oli

Sufficiently Lethal
Then again, since this is somewhat based on gmod Jailbreak roleplay, do you get imprisoned with a self-recharching and fully functionally jetpack?
Makes me wonder why the imprisoned even have weapons.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Would the same happen to other things like jarate and mad milk?

They (and probably the Thruster too) use another ammo logic, you can disable their ammo but it cannot be picked up, alas the onliest way to make them only available after ammo aquirement is to manually add zones to all maps in wich a secret condition gets applied giving the recharge back.
Or you might be able to force healing throwables logic in, but then it becomes available on healthpack pickup.

Makes me wonder why the imprisoned even have weapons.

Opposed to Gmod you cannot easily replace stuff in tf2 without complicated codings. I guess the makers of the plugin where to lazy to replace the melees with fists, altough I enjoy the different effects some give.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
This thread is still going because devs are busy-

Yes, the jetpack is going to be removed from the red team.

- and that's not even an executive decision, it's just a categorically similar item to every other banned and recharge-based consumable in the entire gamemode, with the single exception of the sandman. Its closest comparison is the rocket jumper, in that it doesn't deal direct damage (pathetic goomba stomps don't count), but confers ridiculous mobility. I wouldn't want everyone on the red team to spawn with rocket jumpers, rather have them earn it during the round by getting to the ammo packs.

Osome Oli

Sufficiently Lethal
This thread is still going because devs are busy-

Yes, the jetpack is going to be removed from the red team.

- and that's not even an executive decision, it's just a categorically similar item to every other banned and recharge-based consumable in the entire gamemode, with the single exception of the sandman. Its closest comparison is the rocket jumper, in that it doesn't deal direct damage (pathetic goomba stomps don't count), but confers ridiculous mobility. I wouldn't want everyone on the red team to spawn with rocket jumpers, rather have them earn it during the round by getting to the ammo packs.
Will the gas passer also be getting removed?

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

Will the gas passer also be getting removed?
Going to get the jarate treatment, where it's completely banned for red most likely, and due to large freehit potential, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets completely banned for blue as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom