Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed remove jetpack from jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayycob

Mildly Menacing
we need this removed for both red and blu its the most anoyying part, they can auto escape the area easy, and can get to the ammo areas in some maps with the click of a button, please remove this as soon as possible <3

Shino

Truly Feared

ethan

To add on, it's been poorer to cope with for BLUs. At the start of the round 4 Pyros jetpack out of main cell area. It's decidedly difficult to catch them if they know what they're doing.

Last edited:

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
Alright so this is an idea I’ve been thinking about for a while now. I agree, jet packs should be removed, from BOTH teams. But instead, make an LR. JetPack Day: everyone, no matter what class, spawns with the jetpack. And if possible, it has infinite fuel.

Jayycob

Mildly Menacing
but for real this needs to be removed from tf2 completely in my opinion or nerf'd its so annoying and i only see it fun on friendly servers for bhoping anything else its just plain out annoying

Corn168

I mean come on bois its not that hard if you are a good warden i mean i had like 8 pyros with jetpacks and i could easly keep track off them i mean just tell them that they are kos if they hold it out.

D

Deleted member 2049

I think it should be removed, because people like this
I disagree, I think having the jetpack adds a fun twist.

I think we should keep it for red, blus have gauranteed crits whe theres warden so its finaly time for reds to have a fair chance
Just want an easier way to rebel because they find its hard what with they got. I wouldnt really care if its removed from blu team or not, as for that gasoline tank though... ive seen some reds throw gasoline at blus like a sniper glitching jarate ammo. And from my understanding, people spawn with it without glitching it. Possibly though I could be wrong

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

same with the charge for demo. Thats not removed
You can rocket jump with soldier even faster. Infact, if someone is rebelling the easiest way to get them the fastest way is by rocket jumping, not charging, sticky jumping or jetpacking.

Jayycob

Mildly Menacing
its not even fun anymore if you have 2-8 pyro's every round as soon as the cell doors open they fly away get ammo and kill you and it just keeps happening. i cant even have a round its just jetpacking..

Goober___

Wicked Nasty
You can rocket jump with soldier even faster. Infact, if someone is rebelling the easiest way to get them the fastest way is by rocket jumping, not charging, sticky jumping or jetpacking.
And nobody has complained about those items so how is the jetpack any different?

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

And nobody has complained about those items so how is the jetpack any different?
Cause jetpacks are for reds. You dont spawn with ammo as red, you do as blue. This gives an advantage over the blues. It's an EASY way to rebel which may be troubling for guards to chase down.

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

Also this may be irretating the first Days but after like a week less and less pyros will rebel cause more and more guards will adapt and more and more pyros will get bored trying to do it.

Goober___

Wicked Nasty
Cause jetpacks are for reds. You dont spawn with ammo as red, you do as blue. This gives an advantage over the blues. It's an EASY way to rebel which may be troubling for guards to chase down.
I know it should be removed from red but people are saying it should be removed from Blu

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

I know it should be removed from red but people are saying it should be removed from Blu
It shouldn't because you can get the same speed with rocket jumping, even faster. It's just useless for blues cause it takes time to charge and recharch.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

It shouldn't because you can get the same speed with rocket jumping, even faster. It's just useless for blues cause it takes time to charge and recharch.

Not removing it from blu does in turn mean that the pyro has to give up his secondary, mostly a hitscan weapon such as the shotgun.

Altough there are these spicy new flamethrower physics, that would make him useless in situations where reds and rebellers are stacked, and how often do you need the crowd control? Keeping the Thruster would only encourace its usage and lead to even more problems on the Jailbreak server.

However you put it, it keeps being useless for blus as with the crits, even as pyro, you barely have to do long hunts over levitation, wich then again, would counteract that tought as you will give up range with using the thruster instead of the shotgun.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Maybe make it so that reds first need to get ammo before they can use the Jetpack?
Seems fairer than removing it entirely, I used it and it isn't as OP as I first thought.

Not removing it from blu does in turn mean that the pyro has to give up his secondary, mostly a hitscan weapon such as the shotgun.

Altough there are these spicy new flamethrower physics, that would make him useless in situations where reds and rebellers are stacked, and how often do you need the crowd control? Keeping the Thruster would only encourace its usage and lead to even more problems on the Jailbreak server.

However you put it, it keeps being useless for blus as with the crits, even as pyro, you barely have to do long hunts over levitation, wich then again, would counteract that tought as you will give up range with using the thruster instead of the shotgun.

For maps like Minecraft it could be useful for blue pyros if a red rebeller is on the walls.
imo blues should keep it as well..

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Maybe make it so that reds first need to get ammo before they can use the Jetpack?
Seems fairer than removing it entirely, I used it and it isn't as OP as I first thought.

If it is similar to bonk etc. then you would'nt get it with ammo, but you can add zones in wich the server can give Reds weapons as such, altough you first would have to find/write such a plugin and then edit all existing jailbreak maps to include it...

For maps like Minecraft it could be useful for blue pyros if a red rebeller is on the walls.
imo blues should keep it as well..

It sure can be keept on Blu, but due to the update being so recent I just suggest to handle it with care as people figured to attack pyros as such and cause them to accidentaly freekill as they don't have the suiting secondary to deal with it.

xXN00bSlayrXx

Gore-Spattered
Maybe don't remove it completely, but just make it less OP/Useful/Annoying by:

1) Increasing the Recharge time
2) Making the blast weaker
3) Make the user run 5/10% slower (lowering pyro's speed to about demo's speed)
4) Drastically increasing the holster time
5) Disabeling Bhop assist when active
6) Giving the weapon 1 charge that can only be refilled with ammo
7) Only letting the charges be refilled with ammo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom