Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Removal of Hitting breakables marks you as rebeller feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cytex

Mildly Menacing

Cytex

Hello There! Here are the reasons why I want this feature removed :D

By marking a red for hitting a breakable, it brings the attention to Blus as it is Shown in chat and a Red glow is emitted on the red that hit the breakable.

This feature makes rebelling as a red way harder compared to the past. As Blus don't even have to be aware of their surroundings and just have to look at chat for rebeller notifications. Which takes out the paranoia and fun from Blus and Reds.

As a Blu main myself, I find it way easier to find/indicate rebellers as whenever they hit a breakable which most likely indicates them breaking into armoury or ammo spots, all I have to do is go to check the spots and kill the red. Most of the time, I find the red still breaking the breakable. Not to mention the red glow makes it easier to find them as well, which is UNFAIR towards Reds in my opinion.

All in all, I'd suggest that this feature should be removed ASAP as it favors the Blus more and bring unbalance between the teams.

Last edited:

Derpsalot blw.tf

Notably Dangerous
For me, it makes it a whole lot easier to murder the red who broke the breakable. I don't really do much for breakables broken in cells (walls between cells), since I am not sure if that is the one exception to the rule. All depends on your preference. Also sure is nice to shut anyone up who says "FREEKILL FREEKILL FREEKILL YOU FREEKILLED FAGGOT".

Last edited:

Paragon

Foster The People
Reading the responses on this post really backs up the psychological stigma ive seen with people, ill throw in my tidbit because why not as im not biased like a LOT of people. But this is just from a REDS perspective because honestly i only enjoy red but i understand both sides.

Cons
1. Its a nerf to reds that rebel normally and with freedays
2. It loses all sorts of sneaking around because it then makes all blues prepared
3. If you even hit a breakable that isnt a rebeling one as a freeday you lose it. (Because this is something that went under the radar in game this WILL affect a lot of people and ive seen it first hand)

Pros
1. It raises the skill ceiling
2. Any amateur rebelers end up as bait while the skilled ones do what they need

Neutral
1. Some blues can literally care less/not notice at all because it just floods chat in a 'boy who cried wolf' style.

Has it affected me? Not at the moment but people will catch on.

There are a few replies in this thread that secretly are egotistical/one sidded. They do nothing but sit on blu so they have a clear bias as they ignore the other side in terms of balance.

Last edited:

Egg

Eggstremely Eggceptional
Most of the time when I find a rebelling red (with warden's permission), that red is still inside armoury and hasn't had a chance to come out or hide, which I think is unfair for reds.
Armoury is a quick, in and out thing. You break the breakabe, go in, take ammo and get out and hide. After that you move on to the next spot. I don't think armoury is a problem at all, as someone who plays both red and blue, it's a quick thing when you take ammo.

D

Deleted member 2120

Armoury is a quick, in and out thing. You break the breakabe, go in, take ammo and get out and hide. After that you move on to the next spot. I don't think armoury is a problem at all, as someone who plays both red and blue, it's a quick thing when you take ammo.
What if there is a freeday for all and you broke into the armory and took ammo? If you run into a guard then you can't hide the fact that you broke in.

LitteralyDead

Unremarkable

Ferret

This also ends up being a problem because in some obbys red have to break breakables to advance but this marks them as a rebeller and some blus will kill them for this / it makes them be more closely observed by the blus making it harder to rebel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom