Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Removal of Hitting breakables marks you as rebeller feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cytex

Mildly Menacing

Cytex

Hello There! Here are the reasons why I want this feature removed :D

By marking a red for hitting a breakable, it brings the attention to Blus as it is Shown in chat and a Red glow is emitted on the red that hit the breakable.

This feature makes rebelling as a red way harder compared to the past. As Blus don't even have to be aware of their surroundings and just have to look at chat for rebeller notifications. Which takes out the paranoia and fun from Blus and Reds.

As a Blu main myself, I find it way easier to find/indicate rebellers as whenever they hit a breakable which most likely indicates them breaking into armoury or ammo spots, all I have to do is go to check the spots and kill the red. Most of the time, I find the red still breaking the breakable. Not to mention the red glow makes it easier to find them as well, which is UNFAIR towards Reds in my opinion.

All in all, I'd suggest that this feature should be removed ASAP as it favors the Blus more and bring unbalance between the teams.

Last edited:

Egg

Eggstremely Eggceptional
I personally like this feature as a red and blue, it makes rebelling a little bit harder and more challenging, more tense and in my opinion a lot more fun. Also it's a good feature for not as experienced guards who are new to Jailbreak and want to get into it, it makes it easier to figure out who is rebelling and who is not, and another thing is that it's a lot harder for freedays to abuse by breaking breakables since they now lose their freedays.

Cytex

Mildly Menacing

Cytex

I just think it's too easy for blus and makes it less tense. Just a heads up I think only freedays should have this feature applied.

Egg

Eggstremely Eggceptional
I just think it's too easy for blus and makes it less tense. Just a heads up I think only freedays should have this feature applied.
About it only being a thing applied to freedays, I don't know much about this stuff but I think it would be complicated to do. Concerning the too easy for blues part, I don't think it's too easy for them unless you hit one in your cell, most of the time you'll find yourself at some secret ammo spot and it wont really matter if they know that you specifically are rebelling. I don't think this is much of a problem at all and it's a good update to the Jailbreak servers, however this is just my personal opinion and I know you might feel differently but I still think that you should give it a little bit of time to settle in, try it out for a while, it has just been here for a week or two. Also I don't think Benedevil wants to remove something he's put (I'm assuming) a lot of time into creating, that has almost just been added.

rpgland

Strange
It’s already a lot more difficult to rebel in blackwonder than it is in most other servers because the guards get 100% crits. Marking reds who hit a breakable as rebellers is just making it too easy for blues to identify and kill them. This new feature combined with guard crits and broadcasting rebellers name in chat gives blue too big of an advantage.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
As a Blu main myself, I find it way easier to find/indicate rebellers as whenever they hit a breakable which most likely indicates them breaking into armoury or ammo spots, all I have to do is go to check the spots and kill the red. Most of the time, I find the red still breaking the breakable. Not to mention the red glow makes it easier to find them as well, which is UNFAIR towards Reds in my opinion.
I hope you're not just wandering the map as a blue whenever you see someone with rebel status, that would lead to you being teambanned.

The main purpose is it discourages freeday abuse. People have rebel status all the time from hitting baiters and what not, another few doesn't mean anything. Guards shouldn't be "hunting for rebels" just because they see someone acquired the status. They must first know there is a rebel and then ask warden for permission to go look for them. (Wandering the map randomly because warden said you can hunt rebels won't mean much when there are no rebels and you just want an excuse to wander.)

Cytex

Mildly Menacing

Cytex

@Jim No, I'm not just wandering the map whenever I see a rebel status and I think you just assumed the wandering part, no offence. To clear things up I only want this change to apply to normal reds and not freedays. It's just that what I usually experience is that whenever there is a missing red, and a rebel status pops up, the warden orders guards to go find that rebelling red. And I just think that rebelling reds should have more time to rebel for instance breaking breakables to ammo, reloading, going to a better spot for rebelling etc. And not an excuse for blus to wander the map whatsoever. Thanks for the response.

Egg

Eggstremely Eggceptional
@Jim I just think that rebelling reds should have more time to rebel for instance breaking breakables to ammo, reloading, going to a better spot for rebelling etc. And not an excuse for blus to wander the map whatsoever. Thanks for the response.
Well they do have time, the blue wont instantly know where the rebel is. There will be plenty of time for the rebel to relocate to a better position.

Cytex

Mildly Menacing

Cytex

@Egg But the usual response of blus hunting rebellers is to check armoury or ammo spots which start as soon as the rebeller hits the breakable and not completely break it. Especially in smaller maps, it is unfair towards reds as they have so little time to get ammo and most of the time blus are already there before the rebeller is out of armoury.

Egg

Eggstremely Eggceptional
@Egg But the usual response of blus hunting rebellers is to check armoury or ammo spots which start as soon as the rebeller hits the breakable and not completely break it. Especially in smaller maps, it is unfair towards reds as they have so little time to get ammo and most of the time blus are already there before the rebeller is out of armoury.
I don't believe there are any "small" Jailbreak maps, most Jailbreak maps have 2-3 ammo spots which is plenty of options on a "small" maps. About the armoury thing, I don't see this as a problem even on smaller maps, there are usually multiple ways to enter armoury and places you can hide if you see or hear a guard coming.

O C E A N M A N

Mildly Menacing
I don't believe there are any "small" Jailbreak maps, most Jailbreak maps have 2-3 ammo spots which is plenty of options on a "small" maps. About the armoury thing, I don't see this as a problem even on smaller maps, there are usually multiple ways to enter armoury and places you can hide if you see or hear a guard coming.
Maps like Complex and Simple have one or two paths to armory which take a very long time to go through - giving guards an eternity to get to armory or any of the other ammo locations as most of the breakables take 4-5 hits, with some taking 10+. The maps are also relatively small which checks another box there. Hiding in armory on these maps is nearly impossible and most of the ammo locations are in very open areas where they are easy to spot.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Maps like Complex and Simple have one or two paths to armory which take a very long time to go through - giving guards an eternity to get to armory or any of the other ammo locations as most of the breakables take 4-5 hits, with some taking 10+. The maps are also relatively small which checks another box there. Hiding in armory on these maps is nearly impossible and most of the ammo locations are in very open areas where they are easy to spot.
Complex and Simple are crappy maps imo (but also have less playtime than the others so like public opinion) partially because of their design.

hey ya

Dark Elf

hey ya

Tl;dr it may be unnecessary but it isn’t the end of the world

Yes, it does warn you if there’s a rebel but I don’t think that’s necessarily an issue. Like Chretein or Space Jail both alarm you when someone goes into armory, which is a hell of a lot more specific than a breakable. In addition on simple and chretein, it’s not supposed to be easy to rebel on those maps, which is why there are different ways you can rebel.

First off I disagree that complex is a small map, in the time it takes for a blue to ask to go hunt you, you could already have ammo.

Next I think this just increases the skill cap of a rebel. Now a valid strategy could be break a breakable and then hide, instead of immediately trying to use it (like your example on complex). Next there is simple which has multiple different ways to rebel to compensate for the small map. In addition, blues get teleported into games which just means you can’t mindlessly rebel and you need to plan when to grab ammo based on their game, as there is always on option on that map.

O C E A N M A N

Mildly Menacing
Tl;dr it may be unnecessary but it isn’t the end of the world

Yes, it does warn you if there’s a rebel but I don’t think that’s necessarily an issue. Like Chretein or Space Jail both alarm you when someone goes into armory, which is a hell of a lot more specific than a breakable. In addition on simple and chretein, it’s not supposed to be easy to rebel on those maps, which is why there are different ways you can rebel.

First off I disagree that complex is a small map, in the time it takes for a blue to ask to go hunt you, you could already have ammo.

Next I think this just increases the skill cap of a rebel. Now a valid strategy could be break a breakable and then hide, instead of immediately trying to use it (like your example on complex). Next there is simple which has multiple different ways to rebel to compensate for the small map. In addition, blues get teleported into games which just means you can’t mindlessly rebel and you need to plan when to grab ammo based on their game, as there is always on option on that map.

I find the Armory Warning to be a far better system. It only goes into effect after you are committed to getting ammo and killing the guards, not when you run away. It makes those moments where you are leaving armory with ammo way more tense, yet fair - unlike what it is now. I've just found it ruins rebelling for quite a few people and, in the end, anticlimactic. You've run away and gotten ammo but a guard is sitting right in front of the door and it's all for nothing. Basically, an alert for getting ammo would be far better than an alert for hitting a breakable.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
The issue with this feature for me is that the same few maps tend to be played over and over again, alongside the fact you are no longer allowed to pardon reds. Let's take supermario for example. A red spawns in the cell with the breakable, and decides to give it a hit. The red is marked for death and the warden dispatches a blue to go out back the cells and kill the red. The red decides it was a bad idea to hit the breakable and instead decides to do what he's told and wait for the cell doors to open. Warden, whether he wants to or not, has to kill the "rebeller" because he hit the breakable. He can't give the red a pardon because that's against the rules now, even if it is only a minute into the round and he barely did anything anyways.

Because maps are played so frequently, everybody will know the breakable spots, and given the point in a round you can take an educated guess where the rebeller is. A few seconds into a round? Probably trying to break out of their cell. A rebeller a few minutes into the round? Probably breaking into armory. There's no secrecy to breakables. It used to be "keep an eye on these reds, if one escapes they could easily come back with a gun and kill somebody." Now you just get a free notification when a red breaks into armory, and a free "kill this red" card if they happen to mindlessly hit a breakable.

What I'm trying to say is there's less of a gamble when breaking breakables. You could break a breakable and succeed, or you could get caught breaking the breakable and be killed. Now, it's guaranteed that you will be caught breaking the breakable.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
i wanted it to show you as rebel when you got ammo too :c its a rebel alert system :p think of it as if it were security cameras in a jail :p you rebel then people are gonna know about it. it gives meaning to the permission rule as without "breakable rebel marking" the only way blues know theres a rebel is with a head count which isnt always possible. ive not had issues with it lately but that might just be me

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

Do note the rebelling status isn't for you to automatically assume that the prisoner is KOS immediately or done some sketchy things (even though most of the time this is the case); A lot of things can come into play like if a guard came in the cell and was baiting.

Honestly, I rather keep this change. If a rebel is willing to break the breakable than they're confident they can escape despite all the "advantages" the guards have.

It's also their fault if they thought of breaking the breakable; So if a guard caught them then that's the end of the story, there would be no excuse for the prisoner to falsely accuse FREEKILL!

Cytex

Mildly Menacing

Cytex

Well from my experience it is a "breakable rebel marker", cause I usually have the reds under control (in a marker, a day is active, in a minigame, hide and seek) and whenever there is a "breakable rebel marker" in chat it usually indicates a red is at armoury or an ammo spot without actual ammo (still breaking breakable) and I usually send a guard or two (depending on situation) to find that rebeller asap. And my biggest concern is reds don't have enough time to get ready before a blu comes along with 100% crits. Most of the time when I find a rebelling red (with warden's permission), that red is still inside armoury and hasn't had a chance to come out or hide, which I think is unfair for reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom