Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Permanent mute/gag after 5 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

So I have been wondering if something like this would be possible and if it is, would you support it.

I often find myself muting the same people, and although I try to scale up the length of the mutes it's clear that they won't learn anything from the punishment and keep on spamming, annoying people when someone isn't there to stop them.

Sometimes when I read a ban appeal here and go to sourcebans I spot people who have been muted 7 times and gagged 4 times by other admins.

Would it be possible to automatically permamute/permagag someone after he had been muted/gagged for 5 times? With this new feature admins wouldn't just delay the rule breaking, but with time permanently solve the issue.

1 more thing: I've noticed a lot of admins forget to give reasons when they mute/gag people. In other words, get gud, give reasons.

Last edited:

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
What might help is /sleuthcomms and /sleuthbans commands, which will open an motd window to SourceBans showing results for the client's ID. Alternatively a command which queries sleuth again for their comms like I said should appear when they join.
If we streamline a process and make life easier for little effort, why not.

This thread is also getting a little heated. Let's chill a tad.

It's actually sbchecker.smx that checks for previous bans

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Alright, didn't want to get involved here, but since there are controversies, I will also state my opinion.

I think that making an automated plugin can be bad, but it hasn't to (is that grammatically right?). Yes, most of us are lazy and don't want to look up every previous permagag/mute. But having an automated plugin which just counts the ammount of gags/mute can also make trouble.

My idea, if possible, is that we do make an automated plugin which counts, idk, gags/mutes with over 30+ minutes, and then after 4 times gives a warning that after the next gag/mute, it will gag a month, a week, perma, your choice. But when the player sees the warning, give him the option of "report false muting/gagin". So that he can explain why he thinks his, for example, second and third ban were unjustified. Maybe with a link to the forum, that would make things easier. If then proven right, we should remove the "gag/mute count" of this specific player. That way, we don't have the work of looking up every previous ban of the palyer we want to gag/mute perm, but only of the one's that think their upcomming permaban is unjustified.

I don't know if this is possible, and some may disagree with me (human being, duh) but I think this is a very good solution for the current problem.

Please state your opinion on it

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

I'm just of the idea that the chances on getting more troubles than just having it done manually. And I haven't spoken often on the servers yet because whenever I did on Valve servers, 9 out of 10 times people insult me thinking I'm this 10 year old boy and I got a vote for Silence or Ban because of it. And I doubt I'm not a rare example of getting unfair vote against and activated because people mindlessly vote "yes" for invalid reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom