Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined New idea for vote system

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOONATEEK

Mildly Menacing
I have a new idea for a vote system type deal. If a person say, played on black wonder for 1-2 years, they will get a special role like veteran. Veterans can use certain things a new person can't like the voting system. I am saying this because I am tired of either wishing on luck that there is a donor or above on(and one that is not a troll *cough* Arkasha *cough*) or waiting 10 years on an admin to get on the server to find that the round time ran down and he is not doing it anymore.

LOONATEEK

Mildly Menacing
I have a new idea for a vote system type deal. If a person say, played on black wonder for 1-2 years, they will get a special role like veteran. Veterans can use certain things a new person can't like the voting system. I am saying this because I am tired of either wishing on luck that there is a donor or above on(and one that is not a troll *cough* Arkasha *cough*) or waiting 10 years on an admin to get on the server to find that the round time ran down and he is not doing it anymore.
and if some one abuses it then make it a perma *ban* so they cant call votes again

naps

Unremarkable
Bump? It's a great idea, although some tweaking needs to be in place, but if you want to vote (slay,mute,gag,ban), why not just pay the $2? I feel like if you're 15+ It shouldn't be that hard, but the voting system is kind of already in place... as you said, donors, and if someone is trolling, just vote no. It shouldn't be that hard?

bergenco

Mildly Menacing
Staff Member
imo this kind of removes the whole appeal of donor other than the whole name customization thing. if you don't like something that is happening then you can report it, clip it, etc. a veteran only title that you can unlock after maybe a few years of being active on blackwonder (as strictly a vanity item) would be cool (ig?).
realistically, this would just add a whole new responsibility that staff would have to constantly look over as a large majority of blackwonder players would just suddenly gain donor vote perms. the sort of honor system type expectations that, 'just because they are more experienced with the server means they won't abuse the commands' is kinda unrealistic.
unless there is a serious punishment for abusing veteran voting rights, e.g. one that exceeds the punishments for abusing donor commands, there prob wouldn't be too much good that results from something like this (other than the sudden influx of 10 year olds vote muted for not being old enough to be on steam.)
idk about szf, but from my experience with the jailbreak species, I dont think the majority would mature enough to vote responsibly (not to voteslay just because something slightly inconvenienced them).
like naps said, just pay the 2 dollars..

LOONATEEK

Mildly Menacing
imo this kind of removes the whole appeal of donor other than the whole name customization thing. if you don't like something that is happening then you can report it, clip it, etc. a veteran only title that you can unlock after maybe a few years of being active on blackwonder (as strictly a vanity item) would be cool (ig?).
realistically, this would just add a whole new responsibility that staff would have to constantly look over as a large majority of blackwonder players would just suddenly gain donor vote perms. the sort of honor system type expectations that, 'just because they are more experienced with the server means they won't abuse the commands' is kinda unrealistic.
unless there is a serious punishment for abusing veteran voting rights, e.g. one that exceeds the punishments for abusing donor commands, there prob wouldn't be too much good that results from something like this (other than the sudden influx of 10 year olds vote muted for not being old enough to be on steam.)
idk about szf, but from my experience with the jailbreak species, I dont think the majority would mature enough to vote responsibly (not to voteslay just because something slightly inconvenienced them).
like naps said, just pay the 2 dollars..
szf is another Blackwonder server that is kinda like Valve to tf2 but with black-wonder, there are few updates and a whole lot of buggy maps that a lot of people exploit but the time is long enough to feel like 100 years but too short to wait for an admin

LOONATEEK

Mildly Menacing
Bump? It's a great idea, although some tweaking needs to be in place, but if you want to vote (slay,mute,gag,ban), why not just pay the $2? I feel like if you're 15+ It shouldn't be that hard, but the voting system is kind of already in place... as you said, donors, and if someone is trolling, just vote no. It shouldn't be that hard?
even if I pay 2$ I am just 1 person. Donors are like seeing a spy crab in uncletopia. A sight to be seen.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
If a person say, played on black wonder for 1-2 years, they will get a special role like veteran. Veterans can use certain things a new person can't like the voting system.
A good portion of the "veterans" that you're describing (that aren't already donors or staff) are frankly the least trustworthy members of our community. You yourself being one ban away from perma are an excellent example.
Hopefully we'll get some more staff accepted soon which should help alleviate this problem, but just automatically handing permissions out to long time players isn't going to end well.

LOONATEEK

Mildly Menacing
A good portion of the "veterans" that you're describing (that aren't already donors or staff) are frankly the least trustworthy members of our community. You yourself being one ban away from perma are an excellent example.
Hopefully we'll get some more staff accepted soon which should help alleviate this problem, but just automatically handing permissions out to long time players isn't going to end well.
Gotta love my brother for that.

naps

Unremarkable
...or waiting 10 years on an admin to get on the server to find that the round time ran down and he is not doing it anymore.
Have you attempted contacting staff on the discord, some of them usually get on 10-15 minutes after getting the ping

even if I pay 2$ I am just 1 person...
There's never a single donator on a server, always just one trying to have fun, one trying his best to remove the people trolling, and always one being the troll. And even if you are just one person, you can be the one trying to vote them off? Like berg said, just another unnecessary "Vanity" item :p

LOONATEEK

Mildly Menacing
Have you attempted contacting staff on the discord, some of them usually get on 10-15 minutes after getting the ping

There's never a single donator on a server, always just one trying to have fun, one trying his best to remove the people trolling, and always one being the troll. And even if you are just one person, you can be the one trying to vote them off? Like berg said, just another unnecessary "Vanity" item :p
did you not read the whole thing or something

naps

Unremarkable
did you not read the whole thing or something
re-read my message, and realize you're wrong, last time you've called for help in the discord was in November, new staff and more activity since then, then again there is also more donators, so just sit this one out.

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
A good portion of the "veterans" that you're describing (that aren't already donors or staff) are frankly the least trustworthy members of our community.
I agree with this statement, easy for gateway players to abuse the vote system whatever gag/mute to teamban.

At this point, it might swell to close this suggest, please continue to post any reports in the future.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
It's been over a week and the votes show that this is not a popular suggestion.
Thanks for the sentiment however.
Closing.
1708519510032.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom