Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Music Day in JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxi

Somewhat Threatening

taxi

I think I speak for "most" of the JB regulars (at least on NY not sure about LA/TX) that we want music day to be a thing! Of course it would come with some rules, I suggest the following.

> Music day can only be picked as a custom LR and the DJ (player of the music) must be specified by the LR winner.
> Only 1 DJ at a time.
> No earrape or things that are just unpleasant to listen to.*

I'm very much open to suggestions with this idea, I just REALLY want to see it added.

*Unpleasant doesn't mean that you just don't like the song that's being played.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
I don't know how many times I have to say it myself. Playing music is the same as micspam. Therefore Music day = Micspam day. JB has enough rules as it is and some are already stretched quite a bit by various days and lrs. We don't need something as irritating as micspam day to the list. I also urge you and anyone else to report people who do and consider micspam day valid because it isn't and it's muteable. The one and only time where something like this can be stretched legal is during theatre. This is a firm lack of support from me. I will add a poll so others can vote and share their opinion in this thread.

Shocking Isnt It

Unremarkable
Here is an idea I got from a DR server I play. If someone plays the music (or here, when it is music day), we let them as long no one disagrees. If someone does not like the music day, the DJ MUST stop the music, or it will be mic spam.

taxi

Somewhat Threatening

taxi

Here is an idea I got from a DR server I play. If someone plays the music (or here, when it is music day), we let them as long no one disagrees. If someone does not like the music day, the DJ MUST stop the music, or it will be mic spam.

This idea seem ok(ish) but being the fact that Music Day would ONLY happen as an LR it seems like it should stay for the entire day. That's just my opinion though. I also see people just saying stop as soon as the music starts just because they don't like the song, want to ruin the LR, and/or want to upset the people that DO want the music.

DC Chroma

Sufficiently Lethal
I've stated something about this before. The music going on the background without having the use of mic like that of Jailbreak discos, where the music is soft and quiet enough not to overpower the warden's voice.

Though this is only a suggestion :p.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

No.
No.

There have been several suggestsions for days that break the rules. "Hey, let's do Admin Abuse Day!", "hey, let's do Spam Day where we can spam all we want!" and "hey, let's do No Rules Day, where you can cuss out an admin and they can't do anything about it!". Days that breach the general rules are a big no-no and would make us look like a shitty community when new players join and see the simplest rules being breached.

"But it's only limited to a day! There's no harm in that and people will stop spamming :3c"
No, they won't. As soon as one DJ stops, I guarantee you that two or more will start and continue on into the next round. Then, when they get eventually muted, they'll scream "uhhbutg why did ah get myted when the other gE Y didn't for spem?" and call admin abuse.

Go use DFS if you want to spam HLDJ or something. It's fully welcomed there.

Copyright

Uncharitable
Even though I don't fully understand what Wanka just said, I agree with him. Imagine trying to hear the Warden when you have half the server micspamming when he is trying to talk. This idea is a bad one because not only does it break at least 2 Jailbreak rules ( if it isnt classed as a freeday), but it would make the round very painful for most.

Copyright

Uncharitable
Despite the idea being a very good one, it wouldn't work. Not everybody likes the same music.

mr_minati

Truly Feared
I knew somebody would bring this to the forums, but didn't expected to be you, taxi, a regular on NY JB. U broke my heart ;~;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 11)

Top Bottom