Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

most OP class in your opinion?

most OP class?

• scout

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • soldier

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • pyro

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • demo

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • heavy

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • engineer

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • medic

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • sniper

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • spy

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

Spy with kunai is only good at pub stomping and will die many more times than any other class since he is so weak.

Sonny

Wicked Nasty

lumi

Spy with kunai is only good at pub stomping and will die many more times than any other class since he is so weak.
I mean I have cleaned entire jailbreak teams with the kunai alone so I wouldn't say its just pub stomping

Quishy

Uncharitable
Staff Member

Vexy

Unless the Pyro is new to tf2 or something, I feel like Pyro would be the strongest IMO, considering how easy it is to pick up and has a counter to literally almost everything besides Engies nesting, which in most cases there's probably already a soldier or demo anyhow, and in most 1v1 scenarios you can scorch shot the Engineer himself anyway.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Unless the Pyro is new to tf2 or something, I feel like Pyro would be the strongest IMO, considering how easy it is to pick up and has a counter to literally almost everything besides Engies nesting, which in most cases there's probably already a soldier or demo anyhow, and in most 1v1 scenarios you can scorch shot the Engineer himself anyway.
Heavy destroys pyro in cqc, which is supposed to be the pyro's main element. Soldier can deal with pyros with a shotgun and good trigger discipline, and demomen have the Loose Cannon, one of the strongest anti-pyro projectile weapons in the game.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Spy on its own is the weakest class but with kunai/diamondback/ringer he becomes more overpowered than sniper change my mind
Kunai/Diamond are okay if you can get a kill right away to start up momentum, but the DR's hot garbage now. If you can't get an inital backstab every time you respawn it's gonna be tough to get anything done.

Quishy

Uncharitable
Staff Member

Vexy

Heavy destroys pyro in cqc, which is supposed to be the pyro's main element. Soldier can deal with pyros with a shotgun and good trigger discipline, and demomen have the Loose Cannon, one of the strongest anti-pyro projectile weapons in the game.

Heavy may be able to shred the pyro in cqc, but in general, it depends on the type of situation, I find that rarely pyros will actually focus on going face-face with heavies, I know for sure I would keep it to a corner based combat and M1 them and M2 a second or two after lighting him on fire around a corner, that's mainly because the way I play rarely involves getting Face-Face with a heavy as pyro.
If the Pyro and Heavy were to go up to a face-face 1v1 with no objects in the way, the heavy would definitely destroy the pyro.

When it comes to the soldier, I'll mostly just M1 spam him with my flame thrower for a few seconds and scorch shot him, this would supposedly end in a draw with neither really winning the face-face matchup.
(I never really see a Soldier win the afterburn of a couple of seconds of flames + a Scorch Shot or a flare gunshot. Not without a medic pocket or sitting near a health pack anyway.)
Put pyro in without the scorch shot, or no flare gun with good aim, then yes, the soldier would win.

Loose Cannon, I really cannot argue with as that is extremely hard to reflect, which is particularly why I keep my distance when fighting them.

In general, from what I've gathered from your opinions/tips, there isn't really any "OP" class as they each have their own areas of expertise while also having counters of their own, as well as taking advantage of the map to each of their advantage.

(I also take back my comment of the strongest, but pyro can definitely fight well in most areas, like the others.)

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
In general, from what I've gathered from your opinions/tips, there isn't really any "OP" class as they each have their own areas of expertise while also having counters of their own, as well as taking advantage of the map to each of their advantage.
Exactly. Every class has its counter.
Still, imo there are some classes that are better in most situations, or have a lot less situations where they get countered, maybe such as the "generalist" classes utilized in 6s competitive.

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
I think people are sleeping on Scout. Scout is extremely powerful, being very fast and doing tons of damage at even mid range, and with 6 shots, he can easily wipe out multiple players within seconds. I think his damage output should be toned down by a large margin. I'd say 60 damage for a meatshot would be ok. But of course, I'm not known for having "agreeable" opinions. I do agree that Sniper is the most broken though. Scout comes in at a close second; Soldier in third.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
It's true that scout is extremely powerful at close to medium range, and I've seen what he is capable of. I think he is one of the top on the "least buffed since release" list, meaning he's pretty balanced.

Cryptolyte

Uncharitable
to be honest, every class is op in their own way. I mean, scout has his close-range meatshots, soldier with the explosive rockets, pyro with the flamethrower, demo's stickies, the engies sentry, heavy in general, medic with the uber, sniper with the headshots, and spy with the backstabs. Each class has their own strengths, it's just a matter of preference in my opinion.

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
to be honest, every class is op in their own way. I mean, scout has his close-range meatshots, soldier with the explosive rockets, pyro with the flamethrower, demo's stickies, the engies sentry, heavy in general, medic with the uber, sniper with the headshots, and spy with the backstabs. Each class has their own strengths, it's just a matter of preference in my opinion.
Strong, unique abilities don't make a class overpowered...? What makes a class overpowered is when one ability directly outclasses another ability.

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
I mean, does every other class have the ability to cloak? Does every other class have the ability to have invulnerability?
True, but those abilities are not overpowered because they are balanced. They have counters and function well within games because while they are certainly strong abilities, it doesn't make them overpowered because other classes have their own unique abilities that makes them strong in some way or another. If a class had a unique ability that it was far stronger than any other class' abilities, then it would be considered overpowered because it would be objectively better than the other abilities.

Cryptolyte

Uncharitable
True, but those abilities are not overpowered because they are balanced. They have counters and function well within games because while they are certainly strong abilities, it doesn't make them overpowered because other classes have their own unique abilities that makes them strong in some way or another. If a class had a unique ability that it was far stronger than any other class' abilities, then it would be considered overpowered because it would be objectively better than the other abilities.
Good point, I see where your coming from

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
A lot of people sure do think sniper is OP. i can understand that, due to him being able to claim his entire sightline. But still, isn't mobility and crowd control important too?

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
A lot of people sure do think sniper is OP. i can understand that, due to him being able to claim his entire sightline. But still, isn't mobility and crowd control important too?
Sniper struggles against players that are coordinating, but in, say, a deathmatch scenario, he is way stronger because he destroys single targets.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom