Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Missing maps?? Come here and you will find it... hopefully.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
If you cannot join any server and constantly get missing map on any community server. Try to first check that this option is set in your game:

20191105154042_1.jpg

If the issue still persists afterwards, follow the instructions below.

As..... "Some" of the players that i personally know had some trouble trying to find and download and install some maps in which they were not able to find in gamebanana or any other main tf2 website for maps.
and thus they can't download the maps and play in our servers...

How to make the map work for TF2:
1. Extract the maps somewhere you will remember.
2. go to the Steam > steamapps > common > Teamfortress 2 > tf > downloads > Maps
3. Take the maps and put them in the "Maps" folder and run the game. and you should be able to play that map.

-------------------------------------------------
Edit: After @Benedevil 's help, it's now very simple to download any map you want that are in the Blackwonder servers.

Just use this method which bene mentioned in the comments to download the map.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Snooze
Why are there 3 separate map packs for just jailbreak with the 3rd only having 1 map in it? :'D Not even a pack.
Good idea, this will be useful for all the players who can't find maps online or can't ask a friend to help out.

Just do 1 pack for each game mode. It will be a lot easier for the people to find out what they need that way.

P.S.: This will take a while if you want to complete it... I'd ask Ben to give a list of the server's mappools. (If he can't just copy out something like that then get on the server and write down everything you see in !nominate c:) Then get those maps, maybe compact them and upload -grin- :train::cart:Good luck.:cart::cart:

Last edited:

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Why are there 3 separate map packs for just jailbreak with the 3rd only having 1 map in it? :'D Not even a pack.

Because the website only allows you to upload anything but under 200 MB per file. soooo i can't really help it >_>

The last "Pack", i tried adding that map to one of the other packs, but it's going to be more than 200 MB... so i can't... help it really... what else can i do?

P.S.: This will take a while if you want to complete it... I'd ask Ben to give a list of the server's mappools. Then get those maps, maybe compact them and upload -grin- :train::cart:Good luck.:cart::cart:

Yes it WILL take a lot of time, and i'm aware of that fact, i have to take every single map from every single game mode... Deathrun, VSH, Slender, Jailbreak, Surf, Smash... etc....

so.. yes it will take a lot of time, and it might take even shorter time if someone was able to help me, for example i know @Ice and.. @Arcalium play CS:GO... surf maps, maybe they could help me find and upload these maps. and give me the links, and... well... that's helping me.
OFC i'm not telling them that they HAVE to do it, it's just that i'm giving an example of how the community can help me as well.

Last edited:

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

No offence, but I'm struggling to see the point here, though you're intentions are good. The total size of most mapcycles is far from small. VSH has 70+ maps in rotation, and growing. The vast majority of maps work from FDL, but a small amount do not. Those should be reported when found, so they can be reuploaded and fixed, so the ordinary download works. There should never be an occasion where you cannot join a server due to missing components.

Missing map is a server side error, not client side. It's when the file on the FDL server is either corrupted or not matching what the live server is running.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
No offence, but I'm struggling to see the point here, though you're intentions are good. The total size of most mapcycles is far from small. VSH has 70+ maps in rotation, and growing. The vast majority of maps work from FDL, but a small amount do not. Those should be reported when found, so they can be reuploaded and fixed, so the ordinary download works. There should never be an occasion where you cannot join a server due to missing components.

Missing map is a server side error, not client side. It's when the file on the FDL server is either corrupted or not matching what the live server is running.

Well then... i... didn't really know how the "missing map" functions, and thus i made this... thread to help out people who might get the error later.
but the fact that it's not the clients fault and it's just the server's error, that clears up a lot of things.
Thank you @Noodl for clearing up things.... again >_<.

Exactly what Noodl said. If a map is throwing you a "missing map" error, please report it immediately, so it can be fixed and further connection rejections avoided.

Also you can find any map by using this URL template:

http://fdl.blackwonder.tf/tf/maps/mapname.bsp.bz2

Example:

http://fdl.blackwonder.tf/tf/maps/cp_orange_x3.bsp.bz2
Wow... this is... very useful... this just nullifies the purpose of my thread xD
I'm surprised i never... knew such URL template exists...
Anyways, thank you @Benedevil for this really big help, i guess now this thread can be closed...
However, should we still have it as a sticky? or move it to a normal thread? just asking.

oh and i will be sure to edit the thread and add the URL you just mentioned, just in case.

And thanks for everyone that... supported the thing i was going to make, it's a good thing it came to an end with a simple solution.

Good luck everyone.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 12)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom