1. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Wanting to become an admin? Read up on how to apply for an admin position here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join us on discord for fun gaming evenings, discussions, music and much more! https://discord.gg/vnXQgED
    Dismiss Notice

Read Me Missing maps?? Come here and you will find it... hopefully.

Discussion in 'Problems' started by 2010wolf | Blw.tf, Jul 31, 2016.

1. 2010wolf | Blw.tf

2010wolf | Blw.tf Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude! Staff Member

This thread is still in progress.
    Finished

As..... "Some" of the players that i personally know had some trouble trying to find and download and install some maps in which they were not able to find in gamebanana or any other main tf2 website for maps.
    and thus they can't download the maps and play in our servers...

i thought of making this... thread, giving links to compressed winrar zip files of the tf2 other gamemode maps that are used in the Blackwonder servers.

Each game mode will be packed with the maps that are used in it.

How to make the map work for TF2:
    1. Extract the maps somewhere you will remember.
    2. go to the Steam > steamapps > common > Teamfortress 2 > tf > downloads > Maps
    3. Take the maps and put them in the "Maps" folder and run the game. and you should be able to play that map.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

TF2

- Jailbreak
    Map pack #1

The maps in this "Pack" are:
    ba_chretien_v1c.bsp
    ba_jail_casuarina_b5.bsp
    ba_jail_minecart_b7.bsp
    ba_mlcastle_v10.bsp
    jail_casuarina_b5_tf2jail.bsp
    jail_hopjb_b5_tf2jail.bsp
    jail_minecraft_dynf_v10d.bsp
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Map pack #2
    jail_italia_b1_tf2jail.bsp
    jail_minecraft_dynf_v10d.bsp
    jail_night_dynf_v5b.bsp
    jb_carceris_b3.bsp
    jb_famous_final.bsp
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Map pack #3
    ba_space_jail_v7

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As of right now i haven't uploaded other... maps for other game modes...
    i just thought of starting up from here...

and one more thing... is this is even worth it? should i/we really try and upload these maps to help out those who can't find the maps anywhere?
    or... is there is other ways that these players can actually download the map that is missing with?

i didn't want to make this a big thread because i'm still unsure of if i should keep doing this or not.... sooo i would like your opinion, and thanks.
    After i saw a lot of positive feed back, i will try and finish this thing, wish me luck.
    #######################################################
    Edit: After @Benedevil@Benedevil 's help, it's now very simple to download any map you want that are in the Blackwonder servers.

Just use this method which bene mentioned in the comments to download the map.

http://fdl.blackwonder.tf/tf/maps/mapname.bsp.bz2

Example:

http://fdl.blackwonder.tf/tf/maps/cp_orange_x3.bsp.bz2

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Bassianus

Bassianus Retired Pun-Making Skeleton

This seems like a good idea.
    Especially for us admins who can't get a map on an server they've been called on.

• Poop Poop x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Herobrine24

Herobrine24 Truly Feared

i r8 7/11 m8

Have you included the Minecraft one?

• Train Train x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Buster

Buster Who you gonna call?! Staff Member

Why are there 3 separate map packs for just jailbreak with the 3rd only having 1 map in it? :'D Not even a pack.
    Good idea, this will be useful for all the players who can't find maps online or can't ask a friend to help out.

Just do 1 pack for each game mode. It will be a lot easier for the people to find out what they need that way.

P.S.: This will take a while if you want to complete it... I'd ask Ben to give a list of the server's mappools. (If he can't just copy out something like that then get on the server and write down everything you see in !nominate c:) Then get those maps, maybe compact them and upload -grin- :train::cart:Good luck.:cart::cart:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  5. 2010wolf | Blw.tf

Because the website only allows you to upload anything but under 200 MB per file. soooo i can't really help it >_>

The last "Pack", i tried adding that map to one of the other packs, but it's going to be more than 200 MB... so i can't... help it really... what else can i do?

Yes it WILL take a lot of time, and i'm aware of that fact, i have to take every single map from every single game mode... Deathrun, VSH, Slender, Jailbreak, Surf, Smash... etc....

so.. yes it will take a lot of time, and it might take even shorter time if someone was able to help me, for example i know @Ice@Ice and.. @Arcalium@Arcalium play CS:GO... surf maps, maybe they could help me find and upload these maps. and give me the links, and... well... that's helping me.
    OFC i'm not telling them that they HAVE to do it, it's just that i'm giving an example of how the community can help me as well.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    • Poop Poop x 1
  6. Herobrine24

Herobrine24 Truly Feared

Use MediaFire. Gives you over 1 GB Upload Space

7. Noodl

Noodl Something Else Staff Member

No offence, but I'm struggling to see the point here, though you're intentions are good. The total size of most mapcycles is far from small. VSH has 70+ maps in rotation, and growing. The vast majority of maps work from FDL, but a small amount do not. Those should be reported when found, so they can be reuploaded and fixed, so the ordinary download works. There should never be an occasion where you cannot join a server due to missing components.

Missing map is a server side error, not client side. It's when the file on the FDL server is either corrupted or not matching what the live server is running.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Benedevil

Benedevil Australium Staff Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. 2010wolf | Blw.tf

Well then... i... didn't really know how the "missing map" functions, and thus i made this... thread to help out people who might get the error later.
    but the fact that it's not the clients fault and it's just the server's error, that clears up a lot of things.
    Thank you @Noodl@Noodl for clearing up things.... again >_<.

Wow... this is... very useful... this just nullifies the purpose of my thread xD
    I'm surprised i never... knew such URL template exists...
    Anyways, thank you @Benedevil@Benedevil for this really big help, i guess now this thread can be closed...
    However, should we still have it as a sticky? or move it to a normal thread? just asking.

oh and i will be sure to edit the thread and add the URL you just mentioned, just in case.

And thanks for everyone that... supported the thing i was going to make, it's a good thing it came to an end with a simple solution.

Good luck everyone.