Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Make it so that the target of a vote can not see the vote.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2120
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2120

Really the title says it all. Its annoying when the target of a vote constantly dodges votes so this would be helpful to implement.

Oh and also lower or get rid of the vote wait time.

Last edited by a moderator:

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

I'm unbiased against the removal of the timer between votes.
Don't take this the wrong way Cammy, but I feel like you might be a little biased against donors since you always seem to be having to deal with abusing donors.

But I agree with this, shortening is fine, but removal opens up a whole new avenue for abuse.

EDIT: I also like the idea of banning vote dodgers, but it seems a bit in a weird spot when it comes to vote kicks.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

I am unbiased against most donors, only those that are actually unable to follow server rules and abuse their donator commands I am against, which happens to be a fair few that I've come across.

I have no issue with the vote timer (between votes) being removed/shortened.. I don't care whether it's removed or not.

mr_minati

Truly Feared
Ooouuu banning votedodgers sounds good to me.
also like the idea of banning vote dodgers, but it seems a bit in a weird spot when it comes to vote kicks.

Guess for votekicks would be an exception since they would be kicking themselves.

Frootz

Sufficiently Lethal

Frootz

something needs to be done about that because it almost makes a donors power useless and i have to call an admin to sort it

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Evaders can made to be banned/muted if they leave during their vote - the same as having the votemute automatically be accepted.

As for banning - what's the point? If they leave during a votekick, it's the same end goal.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

I decided to come back to this thread to explain my thoughts behind why the "Ban vote dodgers" system shouldn't be implemented. I do understand it has a majority vote right now, and while I will not be happy with its implementation, I will accept it.

My thoughts about banning vote dodgers...

1) Abusive donators; if you dodge their vote, you get banned. You can't prove they were abusing unless you're recording every single time you connect. Leading onto

2) Recording; if you record using the in-game client, you're fucked because 60% of demos recorded on BlackWonder corrupt or crash for an unknown reason.

3) Appeals; people that are wrongfully banned because they're dodging the illegitimate vote will almost certainly create an appeal, assuming they are aware of the forum. Imagine the amount of reports and appeals that will go up with nothing to back or defend their claims because of a random false vote.

4) Administrators; there's already enough strain on the servers without adding another cog to the system. I'm sure you don't want to have to spy on random donators because they keep getting claimed to false gag/mute. There's already enough to do; Implementing this system will make your jobs harder.

5) Player base; there will almost certainly be a drop in the player base, although likely small, once this system gets implemented. It certainly will stop rule breakers, but it will also affect people that are connected to simply play; their fun is ruined by a false vote that then stops them from playing their game (in the case of Jailbreak), or bans them for an hour.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2049

How about also adding cancel to the person who initiated the vote? Sometimes donors accidentally vote slay, mute, ect the wrong person.

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

How about also adding cancel to the person who initiated the vote? Sometimes donors accidentally vote slay, mute, ect the wrong person.
I've accidentally voteslayed the wrong person before (luckily everyone said no because I clarified it was the wrong person, sorry 7th) due to having similar names. A cancel would be excellent in my opinion.

normie

Totally Ordinary
That would be nice as lots of donators accidentally vote off the wrong person and they get gagged/muted

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

Well personally, I am not a fan of the vote system in general. Have seen it abused far to much by those just wanting to jump on the wagon to see someone slayed/kicked/gaged etc. With that being said, I do see the need for it in certain community's such as this. Admin/mods can only be in so many places at once and have plenty of reports to follow up on, not to mention the time it takes. So I won't harp on that at all. However I don't like the idea of the person being voted against not even knowing. The Vote system should make people feel better/safer gaming there and not looking over their shoulder. It prevents anyone from even trying to defend themselves in the case of someone abusing it. I understand the need/want to deal with those that avoid the votes, but the system shouldn't be altered to cater to them. If they are avoiding the votes, then to me they are trying to bypass the "rules" of the server and should be dealt with accordingly. My 2 cents anyhow.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
Unfortunately this would be unfair as if someone was being wrongly muted they wouldnt know and knowing people in tf2 they'd almost certianly get the wrong end of the vote, declined as per poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom