Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Make it so that the target of a vote can not see the vote.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2120
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2120

Really the title says it all. Its annoying when the target of a vote constantly dodges votes so this would be helpful to implement.

Oh and also lower or get rid of the vote wait time.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr_minati

Truly Feared
I actually would like any type of solution to this. The humiliating vote-dodge.

I know that someone is gonna problaby say "just report the vote-dodger." But that takes-- sometimes days for the guy dodging the vote to get punish and do U have any idea how humiliating (sometimes awkward) it is when he reconnects to the server laughing at U?

T-T

Ben.

Unremarkable
Really the title says it all. Its annoying when the target of a vote constantly dodges votes so this would be helpful to implement.

Oh and also lower or get rid of the vote wait time.

I agree somewhat. But the real issue IS the dodge-voters we meed more staff in place to handle the issue as a whole rather than worrying about smaller pieces of the puzzle...

D

Deleted member 2049

I agree somewhat. But the real issue IS the dodge-voters we meed more staff in place to handle the issue as a whole rather than worrying about smaller pieces of the puzzle...
I find that donors help staff more than the number of people staff ban. Admins aren't there when they are needed unless they are already in the game to witness it. Reporting helps too but its best when they appear to help the server. Not many admins respond to /call or calls on discord.

Ben.

Unremarkable
I find that donors help staff more than the number of people staff ban. Admins aren't there when they are needed unless they are already in the game to witness it. Reporting helps too but its best when they appear to help the server. Not many admins respond to /call or calls on discord.

Thats also true. *Sigh*

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

I'm against this.

Main problem being: What if the vote is not a legitimate vote? The player being vote-X'd will not be able to stop themselves from being unfairly voted against.

There is still the case that you could just record the person before making the vote, so there's evidence of their broken rules and then record them dodging. They'll get a harsher punishment for avoiding.

Minati: If they disconnect and reconnect to vote dodge, record it. If they then gloat about not being able to be votemuted, reporting them will get them a much longer punishment than a flimsy 30min temp-punishment. It doesn't matter how long it takes for their punishment to be implemented, they're getting a permanent mark against their name on SourceBans which would put them 1 ban closer to a perm.

I'm unbiased against the removal of the timer between votes.

D

Deleted member 2120

This will solve the issue of vote dodgers. The targets can't see the vote so they won't know if a vote is going on, hard to vote dodge if you can't see the vote.

Osome Oli

Sufficiently Lethal
I disagree because of the same reason as Cammy.

I have played on Blackwonder for quite a few months and I can tell you from experience that illegal and unfair votes are a lot more common than people dodging legitimate votes.

Also, this may not actually solve the problem. One look in the chat and the target will see all the "VOTE YESS!!!" messages, get suspicious and leave. This also means the target can't be punished for vote dodging as there are about 50 million reasons to randomly leave a server.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

I'm going to add to this: Yesterday I was in Jailbreak with Pkay; on several occasions voteslays were put against him for "Freekilling" when, if the people paid any attention to the round whatsoever, he did not freekill at all. He did have suspicious moments, but they were not freekilling.

He had to cancel the votes because everyone pressed Yes. Admittedly, he was disguised with a different name (will not reveal the name), but it was more than obvious the votes were initiated because people didn't understand why someone was killed, even after he explained it (in written, non-admin chat).

This is a prime example of why this is a bad idea to implement; they tried to voteslay an incognito admin that had been performing legitimate kills, and because they'd get salty or weren't paying any attention, they'd attempt a slay.

mr_minati

Truly Feared
I'm going to add to this: Yesterday I was in Jailbreak with Pkay; on several occasions voteslays were put against him for "Freekilling" when, if the people paid any attention to the round whatsoever, he did not freekill at all. He did have suspicious moments, but they were not freekilling.

He had to cancel the votes because everyone pressed Yes. Admittedly, he was disguised with a different name (will not reveal the name), but it was more than obvious the votes were initiated because people didn't understand why someone was killed, even after he explained it (in written, non-admin chat).

This is a prime example of why this is a bad idea to implement; they tried to voteslay an incognito admin that had been performing legitimate kills, and because they'd get salty or weren't paying any attention, they'd attempt a slay.

Oh ye, forgot about that. I've seen that before, it's quite annoying.

I always do that when I'm sure I got freekilled (of course) but I always ask "why" before and I ask repeatedly, if I get ignored I slay the fool.

So yeah, Cammy gives a strong point and I no longer agree with this idea. I'm going with the idea that we need now that we need moderators to give some relief to the admin staff.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

We don't even need moderators, we just need people that are capable of recording, and don't just senselessly votemute/voteslay. Sacrifice a round and allow the rulebreaker to go about their business, record them during that round and then report them.

What would you prefer? 30min mute, or 1 week ban? I know what I want to see. (In the case of a mass freekiller)

mr_minati

Truly Feared
I see ur point, and for a regular on these servers it's the way to go. But servers depends from players for it to be worth running it. I've seen players leaving and saying in chat stuff like "this server sucks." "this server is cancer." Because there's nothing to be done with the rulebreaker at the moment.

I'm still thinking that we need moderation, a bigger staff. I know there's like 200 something servers, but we still have a small team imo.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Staff are hard to come by. They need to be active, willing, knowledgeable of the rules on all servers, patient... the list goes on.

This community has a standard for their admins, if those standards aren't met then the admin(s) at fault are eventually removed.

mr_minati

Truly Feared
Staff are hard to come by. They need to be active, willing, knowledgeable of the rules on all servers, patient... the list goes on.

This community has a standard for their admins, if those standards aren't met then the admin(s) at fault are eventually removed.

Yeah, IK
What I mean is something lower than a admin and greater than a donor. Y'know, something that doesn't have all the admins powers and be a bit quicker to get accepted than admin applicants. That's what I think at least.

That Bird DK blw.tf

Notably Dangerous
They can't really have lower standards when it comes to powers that would help, in this case mutes, kicks, gags or bans, even if only one was given to the new "mod" they could abuse it, and since they would get it quicker they could just leave without losing much after they have been striped of those powers.

Something lower then admins just does not seem to me like a thing most people could get without misuse, even more so if a lot of people would get it to be ready for problems 24/7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom