Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Make having a public profile a requirement for Admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
Getting pestered by friend requests from people like you are the reason admins have their profiles on private.
You can still friend people whose profiles are private. Did you really not know that?

We volunteer, we don't work here.
Other major communities require their staff profiles to always be public?
Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but there are communities who do require it. Whether or not they are major I do not know.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
No, I wanted to see if them and honey where friends because they're always in the same server. Instead I had to research the forums to see that they have a relationship. Besides, you can still have a public profile and have comments to friends only.
So what you're telling me is that their profile didnt have to be public to get the information you wanted?
Right now what I'm hearing is "I want you guys to keep your profiles public so I can creep around your friends list" and that hardly seems like a good reason to me.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
So what you're telling me is that their profile didnt have to be public to get the information you wanted?
Right now what I'm hearing is "I want you guys to keep your profiles public so I can creep around your friends list" and that hardly seems like a good reason to me.

Nice strawman argument. My point is that having a public profile makes you seem more trustworthy.

Puddin²

Nº1 Closet Hacker
Staff Member
Admin

Puddin'

Nice strawman argument. My point is that having a public profile makes you seem more trustworthy.

No, it does not.
Public/private profiles have no effect on the amount of trust you should place upon someone and if you think it does, I feel bad for you.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
No, it does not.
Public/private profiles have no effect on the amount of trust you should place upon someone and if you think it does, I feel bad for you.
Agree to disagree then. Having something as private when there really isn't any private information makes you look suspicious in my opinion.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
I'm bored.

Why do you feel you have the right to look at anyone's profile, ever?
I just see no big reason for why someone like an admin would want to have a private profile. Like, do you have your exact coordinates in there? The more I think about it the more I feel like both sides are wrong, there's no reason to have a public profile and no reason to have a private profile. In reality, it's just preference, like favorite colors. With that I have officially lost interest in this discussion and will no longer be responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom