Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Make having a public profile a requirement for Admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Why should we force standards that have no bearing on how an admin behaves? All admin activity is logged regardless of a private profile if you think that's an issue.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
What is the benefit of you being able to see their profile? Would you need certain information from the admin for something?

As it stands I don't see how restricting the need for privacy would be beneficial, but you are free to argue otherwise

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
We need to hide at time to catch people using alts to circumvent punishments.......
1586888858239.png

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
Bruh, I literally went to you with help for my disabled account. That was just me assuming I can make a new one since my old one is disabled.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
What is the benefit of you being able to see their profile? Would you need certain information from the admin for something?

As it stands I don't see how restricting the need for privacy would be beneficial, but you are free to argue otherwise

It just makes them look shady. Like what, are you friends with 40 hackers or something? Do you have a stream of -rep in your comments? What would they have on their profile that makes them warrant having a private profile.

Puddin²

Nº1 Closet Hacker
Staff Member
Admin

Puddin'

It just makes them look shady. Like what, are you friends with 40 hackers or something? Do you have a stream of -rep in your comments? What would they have on their profile that makes them warrant having a private profile.

Wanting privacy, even online, is a thing.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
They make everything private for the following reasons:

To actually catch people breaking rules
So it does not immediately notify friend list people in the server that they are joining
So it makes it more difficult to be identified

So they can actually play the game and not be bothered by 5 people asking them questions, we do still enjoy playing tf2

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
Wanting privacy, even online, is a thing.
You quoted me yet didn't even answer my question. What information would you want people to not see. The fact that you have 2,000 hours in TF2?

They make everything private for the following reasons:

To actually catch people breaking rules
So it does not immediately notify friend list people in the server that they are joining
So it makes it more difficult to be identified

So they can actually play the game and not be bothered by 5 people asking them questions, we do still enjoy playing tf2

I didn't know about how having a private profile doesn't notify friend list people. It's a valid reason but wouldn't going invisible do the same exact thing? The identification thing can go both ways. Some players WANT to have identifiable admins. But yeah those are some solid points.

kyro

Mildly Menacing

kyro

how would you feel if you were harassed by people who broke the rules just because you are an admin

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
You quoted me yet didn't even answer my question. What information would you want people to not see. The fact that you have 2,000 hours in TF2?

I didn't know about how having a private profile doesn't notify friend list people. It's a valid reason but wouldn't going invisible do the same exact thing? The identification thing can go both ways. Some players WANT to have identifiable admins. But yeah those are some solid points.
Well, we volunteer and do not work for you. If the players want to pay us, I am sure we can work out an arrangement.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
I wouldn't mind testing out having my profile public (it almost never is) in exchange for a meager some of 1 ref per day.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

Even if their Steam profile is private, their profile on this website is public and has private messaging services.

It's really none of your business (or mine or really anyone else here's) as to why people set their personal steam profiles as public or private.

PicklePicklePickle

Somewhat Threatening
how would you feel if you were harassed by people who broke the rules just because you are an admin
The block button

The general idea is that we don't want people who write messages like this to stalk us.

I can only assume you made this suggestion because Kerknor's profile is private and you want to spam his profile.

No, I wanted to see if them and honey where friends because they're always in the same server. Instead I had to research the forums to see that they have a relationship. Besides, you can still have a public profile and have comments to friends only.

Well, we volunteer and do not work for you. If the players want to pay us, I am sure we can work out an arrangement.

You work for the server. The server is fueled by players. I suggested this because other servers do it and because of my experience with Kerknor that I already talked about.

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Getting pestered by friend requests from people like you are the reason admins have their profiles on private.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
You work for the server. The server is fueled by players. I suggested this because other servers do it and because of my experience with Kerknor that I already talked about.
We volunteer, we don't work here.
Other major communities require their staff profiles to always be public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom