Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Looking for new server ideas

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Hey guys,

I kinda ran into a brick while thinking of more enjoyable servers and I bet you guys would love certain servers that we do not offer yet. Just post a comment bellow and I shall go over the idea or we shall have a vote.

Thanks

Blackwonder

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
New Shounic video - Not sure how it was done, but with a little bit of rebalancing, we could actually permanently add this as a server.
It'd be a simpler, less OP version of Uber Upgrades.
Basically, the gamemode would be adding MVM upgrades into a casual game.

We can have a discussion about the idea here, if it's popular enough, I'll move the idea to its own thread.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
A Multimaps 24/7 server for VSH, since all our actual rotator servers are dead.

(For those who don't know, Multimaps is a combination map that allows the hale to choose which map he'd like to fight the other players on, including some old favorites such as Crevice and Military Arena)

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
A Multimaps 24/7 server for VSH, since all our actual rotator servers are dead.

(For those who don't know, Multimaps is a combination map that allows the hale to choose which map he'd like to fight the other players on, including some old favorites such as Crevice and Military Arena)
Good idea.

Server:
85.117.240.60:27050

wine

Could we get an x10 server with a regular map rotation and gamemodes? Back in 2015 (or sometime before meet your match) there was an x10 server i would frequent with a proper map rotation included (pl,attack/defend,koth etc) and it was a lot of fun. Nowadays all the x10 servers are either a deathmatch 2fort, hightower, highertower, orange or some meme map. while these are ok (and there are fans of them) i do kinda miss playing a proper game of payload or harvest with x10 weapons.
would be nice to see :)

-wine

Sargentman16

Somewhat Threatening
PLAYER DESTRUCTION. THERE'S NEW MAPS FOR THE MODE TOO AND IT CREATES INSENTIVE TO JUST FOCUS ON FRAGGING

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Saxton Hale vs Saxton Hale (SHVSSH)
1 Saxton Hale on both teams( red and blu ) with other people fighting each other with no team switch blocking.
1692536251082.png

Real Darkness Owl

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member

Catty

Someone metion about TF2 Zombie Escape a while back, but there no TF2 plugins to run it, until now.
A zombie escape server with its own balance changes?

Zombie Escape plugins just released two days ago! - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=344120&goto=newpost
Note that it needs to be run on sourcemod 1.12.X

Zombie Escape has been very popular over a couple of months, even years. I have all the zombie escape maps if planning to host them.

EDITED/NOTED: I noticed that zombie maps don't have any sort of script to work with the TF2 Zombie Escape plugin, so I need to edit most of the map to make work with it. This might take a while tbh.

Last edited:

Pixels303

Strange
I had an idea, but for moderators.
Not easy to apply either.

I used to Moderate a Forum and 100 Servers before 2013, Been playing many years. When I was an admin, a server I played on had many custom plugins. The owner had lots of revenue and could afford to pay a guy to code plugins and keep them updated every time Steam broke them with new updates. As an admin, there were trolls as such who routinely play mind games with users and staff, some which are borderline ban-able offenses. I could give examples, but you experienced staff know exactly what I am talking about.

Ya see, I enjoy giving people warnings, and sometimes when they are not paying attention to chat or do not have their volume turned on, I could give them a friendly kick from the server and they came back in like they had an internet connection issue (We all do) and they continued with their poor gamesmanship or conduct. I had access to features like making them auto-die instantly after respawn, and giving kill credits to other online players (Which would flood their game client and crash the targeted offended player). I also used to use the features normally in game like the teleport in floor (while I was in no-clip spectate). Even people who would disrupt or use exploits the game could get attention this way. And for those who aimbot, I could make it so they could not hurt anyone on the server and make it so everyone including their own team mates could target and kill them.

Honestly, even a "Civilian mode" target to the individual can be entertaining to watch. You know the phrase "Taste of your own medicine"

Now I don't want anyone to get the idea that I abused my time as an admin, but I am a pretty cool headed guy who can have a laugh, even poking fun at other staff members for a joke. Some players however are very creative at dividing people, disrupting. I could get into how they organize their attacks against the servers, and players but you guys already know. I do not usually ban hackers right away either as I understand that children sometimes practice poor judgement, and after being warned ignore my attempts to communicate, I could at least say that I employed every measure to communicate to the user to justify a ban. If not for entertaining measure... I gotta say, sometimes the users and me had a good laugh and we respected each other in the future. But like anything, pushing the limits is a human trait and sometimes resulted in the inevitable.

So these features could be available to staff members, where they can utilize them without limitations, but given a guideline as to when to use them in ways that do not disrupt the game or unfairly target individuals for purposes of retaliation or lack of anger management.

**edit: These features could also be "ForceRTD" @target/Team or other game physics modifiers for use in creating custom time limited player matches. Like Merasmus match, to see who the last man is standing when everyone is a Hefty Halloween god with tonnes of health or turn on guided projectiles for a time limited dodge ball match. These features could make things interesting for staff who desire to spice things up in game with the approval of others in game (With a vote of course)..

Who knows, you guys probably already have those features available to staff. Just thought I would reminisce the good ol days, and maybe get other staff features they can use which they may or may not have.

Last edited:
Top Bottom