1. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be active on the Forums to increase your chances of becoming an Admin!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join us on discord for fun gaming evenings, discussions, music and much more! https://discord.gg/vnXQgED
    Dismiss Notice

Pending Just a couple bugs i've noticed

Discussion in 'Problems' started by will5023, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Lucas

Lucas A crow Staff Member

300 votes is too many indeed xD

2. MiyukiMouse

MiyukiMouse Swiss Knife

I've seen too many people type !fire for no reason that it could be so much abused. Reasons they give to fire Warden: "Don't like him", "It's a kid" (note the irony because most of them are kids too), "He killed me for no reason" (note that they got killed for not following the rules), ... And the moment one starts typing 'fire', alot of people start to follow for either "they are bored because dead" or "they are alive and want a freeday". ;-;

3. scout | trade.tf

scout | trade.tf Scarcely Lethal

Nu doe je het weer de title is:
    Just a couple bugs i've noticed
    but you have no post of saying you found bugs

4. Lucas

Just for your information....
    I actually posted something already but miyu decided this would be the thread. Research.

5. Wanka

Wanka Somewhat Threatening

Regarding !fire:
    I remember when I was first introduced to the servers that people would love to yell on mic "TYPE !FIRE" at the start of every round to attempt and fire the warden for le lolz. The reason that the max amount of votes is beyond server capacity is obviously because it would be abused.
    I know someone suggested having it need 75% of the server to vote !fire and for it to then initiate a vote, but the problem with that is that everyone on the server is so lazy when it comes to votes that most people will click "1. Yes".

And if they're genuinely just a terrible warden, then usually a donor votemutes them which either makes them clear off the server for a few rounds or they sit there unable to go BLU.

tl;dr, !fire is dumb and abusable

6. Lucas

Muting someone for being a "bad warden" is bad imo.
    You mute people when they either mic spam/being rude on mic or when a guard is breaking rules.
    Not just because that person doesn't really know that well how to be a warden.

In those scenarios, I would suggest helping the person and telling them what they are doing wrong.
    You can also ask if they want to unwarden and see how others do it to improve.
    Muting them would mean that they wouldn't be able to talk which is punishing them for nothing (unless they are actually doing something bad)

Just my two cents on that. (sorry for the formal kinda format... have to "practice" for school xD)

With regards,
    Lucas (Crow)

7. Wanka

Wanka Somewhat Threatening

I didn't really word it properly I guess. What I sort of implied was a warden that constantly changes orders, is subjected to favourtism, etc. Even then just giving them a talk sorts things out on most occasions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1
  8. Eevee(Hi Guys)

Eevee(Hi Guys) Strange

Maybe for the !fire system, it could be like that you need a reason to fire them. Like it would open a menu where you slect the reason and, if enough people agree, it would retire the warden. But maybe it could be made so it doesnt say that people want the wraden fired. Just an idea

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kyde

Kyde Mildly Menacing

Okay, so now there's a bug (ammo glitch), where reds can spawn with ammo somehow ._.