Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Jailbreak rules kinda suck OwO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxless

Strange

Foxless

I would like the rules to be updated or at least discussed about with the community.

For instance the rules:

No tricky orders (top)
Your orders have to be clear. For example, you cannot say "All deads go to the yellow line." Don't give orders that can be misinterpreted if just a single syllable is not heard. Your orders may not have conflicting or double meanings (refer to No conflicting orders). This includes using markers to kill reds intentionally.

No renaming (top)
You cannot rename Reds to something different, only address them as "Reds or "Prisoners".

Whilst i understand the need for such rules, they very much enforce anti-fun. I remember way back when I was younger being a smart ass was part of the fun :). Anyways the Australia server without admins turns to a lil bit of a shitshow later at night when they get a lot of people from Asia playing on them. Also the banned Mini-Games were the best back in the day, why they banned?

Would love to discuss moar.

xoxo
Foxless

Foxless

Strange

Foxless

Hai!

Whilst i understand the need for such rules, they very much enforce anti-fun. I remember way back when I was younger being a smart ass was part of the fun :).

Calling for rule removals because they're "not fun" constitutes not liking it.

Maybe that comment wasn't as thorough as I would of liked it to be ?... but that still doesn't apply my other comments ?. For tricky orders I think I clarified my thoughts here:

The rules are fine, although I think the "tricky orders" rule can be a bit vague since anything can be considered tricky really lol

I do also agree with you here ? but tricky orders seems like a hard thing to define. There are the easy ones that I think were previously mentioned like: renaming reds to soundalike names such as beds,heads etc, or creating some elaborate string of commands together that counter the previous ones in the same sentence. But in terms of actually intentionally creating a tricky order to kill reds or just accidentally over-complicating an order makes it tricky itself to string together orders as an warden.

Maybe just having some leeway towards unintentionally tricky orders sounds great? So the wardens aren't being pitchforked by all of red for forming a questionable sentence ?.

Other people breaking the rules doesn't mean there's something wrong with it.
Reds are KOS when they lethal taunt because it's an intentional threat to the blues that can be lethal; If I point an unloaded gun in your face it's still considered assault even though I can't shoot you.

Probably the main reason why I'm asking about this rule is because I love to play this really obscure final mini game with two or three reds as warden. Its really unique and goes a little like this...

I count to three

Then I get them to all to taunt. Anyone who does the spooky taunt is KOS (because Halloween stuff is enabled on server).And obviously i explain this to them at the start of the game. I think its a cool RNG way to finish a round, the only issue now is if either one of the reds have a melee weapon with a lethal taunt the game doesn't work (practically forcing them to rebel in terms of the rules).

So this is why I like having the option as a warden to disallow and allow lethal taunting rather then being permanently banned, but maybe if we could allow the warden to overrule server rules in instances like this? Also an additional question is RPS taunt considered lethal?

Jailbreak Australia is subject to the same rules as the other Blackwonder Jailbreak rules regardless of the staff presence. Sooner or later, myself or another seasoned jailbreak admin are going to join and enforce the rules as they should be. There's a line between server norms and changing the rules because people feel like it.

I never said we play things differently on Blackwonder in Australia...? I'm talking about my experience with completely other communities many years ago in comparison to now.

Perhaps this (no blu crits) could become a custom lr day as a sort of trial to see how hard it is for the blus to cope similarly to how guards melee only day works.

This sounds like a terrible idea ?. I think crits help even the playing field with the already 3:1 or 4:1 of red:blue. But this does remind me of blues using melee only as a LR ?.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
I'm going to decline this suggestion because it's simply not going to happen; And you're now trying to justify it with cherry picked possible ways it could work when in reality for every one of the "good" scenarios, there's a dozen abusive ones that are why these rules were introduced in the first place.

There needs to be a problem that is getting solved to change a rule. Disagreeing with them because they restrict you is an oxymoron.

Warden can never under any circumstance override server rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Top Bottom