Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed [Jailbreak] Ban FRLR/Jump for LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pienamai

Face Melting
FRLR is just an unfun game. which I feel often gets overused by unoriginal wardens.
Every map has multiple fun minigames to play for LR, which get unused when people decide to play FRLR instead.
I find the minigame really unfun and also unfair to higher ping players.
The only time I can see its use being valid is when the round is about to end with no LR given, but that is rarely the case. And even then, you could do stuff like meatgrinder to settle it quickly.
Overall, this minigame is unfun, sometimes unfair, and underutilizes all the minigames every map already comes with.

Cyveray2

Scarcely Lethal
Easiest fix would be to put a player restriction on it, no?
Much like cell wars, jeopardy, sweeper; add a max alive REDs limit before it can be played.

Both FRLR and first to do x gets LR already have player limit its something like 4 Reds or less I am fairly sure for both minigames atleast that is how I remember it.

Cowboy

Spectacularly Lethal
Howdy,

Personally i think the removal of FR LR is a step in the right direction, it should be the wardens job to account for time and make sure he has enough time to do one final minigame to dictate the last non-rebelling red. There's so many problems attributed to the order which ends up just being frustrating to the player

1. Not hearing the order and failing to jump with the warden not giving a repeat and instantly killing the player
  2. Ping issues.
  3. just a lazy way to end a round
Players should be fighting over LR over luck or skill based minigames, not a split second warden order imo.

Sheriff Pawbs!

Uncharitable
I could suggest restricting it to :
- 30 seconds left
- Has to be less than 3 reds

It should be a last resort and needs to be treated as such, thoughts?
I think this is a good start to the use of the FRLR minigame. FRLR is a very fragile last game anyways. A last moment decider between a fail round and LR, and it shouldnt be done with 7 people like i’ve seen before. Its a tie breaker game, not a spirit breaker.

Inosuke

Unremarkable
IMO frlr and jump for LR really shouldnt be like banned but restricted instead. maybe like a once per 3 rounds or only when a certain amount of guards like cell wars is.

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

IMO frlr and jump for LR really shouldnt be like banned but restricted instead. maybe like a once per 3 rounds or only when a certain amount of guards like cell wars is.
These restrictions only really make sense when talking about cell wars. Most times when you would need jump for lr, it wouldn't matter what had happened in the last 2 rounds and neither would the number of blues.

est

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
FRLR is annoying but it dont think it should be banned. Sure people dont like it sure ping/ lag play a huge role in it but thats just something people will have to deal with. I feel like if first to jump gets lr or FRLR get banned it wont go over well with the majority of the playerbase either. I feel like a lot of people will dislike that they get banned and either complain or leave the server entirely. It maybe be boring. but its a reliable alternative to playing a whole mini game with 2-3 reds left.

(Plus if it gets banned jeopardy will be played much more, and i hate it. #BanJeopady)

Dee

Sufficiently Lethal

Dee

For those who aren't sure about how unfair FRLR can be I'll give you an example. I normally play with 200 ping, now since I have played Jailbreak for years I have gotten pretty good over time. I can do a lot of skill based minigames pretty easily, games like Obby, Climb, Steady Pace, Speedrun, etc. But when I play FRLR I almost always lose. Why? Let's say I'm playing against someone with 50 ping. The average human auditory reaction time is about 150 ms, that means that when you add reaction time and ping together you get 200 ms. I regularly play with 200 ping, this means that if I want to beat someone with 50 ping and a reaction time of 150 ms my reaction time needs to be faster than 0 ms. As you can see this is impossible. In this scenario I can literally NEVER win. This means that the only time I can win against someone with 50 ping in FRLR is if they somehow messed up the order or if their reaction time is extremely slow, their reaction time in that case would need to be double the average for me to simply have a chance, not to win.

Meowsler

Positively Inhumane
For those who aren't sure about how unfair FRLR can be I'll give you an example. I normally play with 200 ping, now since I have played Jailbreak for years I have gotten pretty good over time. I can do a lot of skill based minigames pretty easily, games like Obby, Climb, Steady Pace, Speedrun, etc. But when I play FRLR I almost always lose. Why? Let's say I'm playing against someone with 50 ping. The average human auditory reaction time is about 150 ms, that means that when you add reaction time and ping together you get 200 ms. I regularly play with 200 ping, this means that if I want to beat someone with 50 ping and a reaction time of 150 ms my reaction time needs to be faster than 0 ms. As you can see this is impossible. In this scenario I can literally NEVER win. This means that the only time I can win against someone with 50 ping in FRLR is if they somehow messed up the order or if their reaction time is extremely slow, their reaction time in that case would need to be double the average for me to simply have a chance, not to win.

Not to mention that the warden at any time can just say "jump for LR" and in Dee's case, would jump second due to having ping issues. There is no circumstances that Dee would win against a local user due to the fact how sudden/ping dependant fr/lr or (x) for Lr is.

Preacher_Platinum

Somewhat Threatening
Made a poll for possible changes.

why? the suggestion has an upvote / downvote feature, and plenty of people agree they should be banned. the most infact out of any suggestion that hasn't been denied by bene

Last edited:

Pienamai

Face Melting
Suggestion was silently added some time ago, adding this comment due to it never being announced and most people being unaware of the change

This minigame may only be played when there are less than 90 seconds remaining in the round or before map change (this also applies to "Do X for LR" orders).

jailbreak Wiki Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 11)

Top Bottom