Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Increase Deathrun round timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mata Terakhir

Strange
Hey there,

I'm a regular player on the Deathrun #2 server but for the past few weeks/months we've seen a gradual decrease in round timer from 15 minutes to about 6-7 minutes.

I understand that the round timer is now calculated using the average time it takes for players to complete the map. The problem is, some minigames on some maps (for example every mini except the colour game on dr_neonoir v10) cannot be completed because of the lack of time. The reasoning that speedrunners are to blame for this short time is invalid, because people often speedrun the maps when the Death gives us freerun, thus decreasing the average completion time.
This really takes away lot from the gaming experience, I can constantly see/hear reglar players complaining about it.

My request / suggestion is that the timer should be extended to at least 12 minutes on every map, giving us enough time to comfortably finish it.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
The map timer was never 15 minutes on deathrun. It has always been 9 minutes.
How long is the current neonoir timer and how long would it take to complete minigames?

Mata Terakhir

Strange
The map timer was never 15 minutes on deathrun. It has always been 9 minutes.
How long is the current neonoir timer and how long would it take to complete minigames?
I would say that a fixed round time of 10 or maybe 12 minutes would be enough to complete anything on any map.
The longest minigame on neonoir, Midnight City would probably take like 5 minutes to complete, but it is rarely chosen, because not many people enjoy it. The most popular minigame, Mr.Booby is quite long too, if there are like 4 minutes left from the round when they choose it, it's likely that they won't finish it, because there is a long intro sequence before the actual minigame.

karnage

Strange
It would be great to increase timer on deathrun server like Mata said
An exemple: in dr_playstation_final if players take too long time to go in zurg room and beat him, there won't be much time left for players to complete the missions (Spyro, Gex, Crash, Wipeout and Johnny ) that the map offers

Increase the timer by 3-6 minutes, it would be good for certain map

rusopin

Strange
Even doing a speedrun + bhopping + giving freerun thanks to blu, is not enough. Seems like Neonoir and some other maps need more minutes to finish it (I think a pair of minutes or 4 more minutes are ok). So, I agree with this.
I would say that a fixed round time of 10 or maybe 12 minutes would be enough to complete anything on any map.
The longest minigame on neonoir, Midnight City would probably take like 5 minutes to complete, but it is rarely chosen, because not many people enjoy it. The most popular minigame, Mr.Booby is quite long too, if there are like 4 minutes left from the round when they choose it, it's likely that they won't finish it, because there is a long intro sequence before the actual minigame.

sunstep

Truly Feared
make timer for all maps equal please, i would suggest 12 minutes is a good time

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I am introducing a feature to the round timer that allows for the vote of a 2 minute extension when 1 minute is left on the timer.
You will probably notice this playing next time

sunstep

Truly Feared
I am introducing a feature to the round timer that allows for the vote of a 2 minute extension when 1 minute is left on the timer.
You will probably notice this playing next time
thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom