Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Head shot limmit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legitamatetoster

Scarcely Lethal
When i get into a game of two-fort, i join and and have a great time... then it happens... the kill feed gets racked up to oblivion with nothing but one foul beast with an aim-bot killing literally every enemy he can get his grubby little scope on. my first reaction is to go grab an admin so he or she can deal with the filth, but it takes time for the admins to come, and in the mean time, people are leaving left and right because they have no power over what is happening, but, if there was a way to temporarily stop it while an admin is on his way, it would make dealing with him easier and more fun. here is my idea:

If the amount of head-shots in the kill feed exceeds a certain amount of head-shots in a certain amount of time (EX: 5 head-shots in 4-5 seconds or 10 head-shots in 7-10 seconds) the server will automatically disable head-shots on the player that got the head-shots that fast, thus taking a huge damage bonus off of the hackers gun and giving the opposite team a chance to keep playing while the admin is on their way. maybe using the same system you could disable the hacker entire load-out by have them only equip a certain item or by taking all of their ammunition)

OR

{section gone due to not needing it}

i hope this sounds like a good idea, because i feel it would very much lower the amount of sniper hackers in servers by taking the fun out of being a sniper hacker

[if in anyway this sounds good to you, even the slightest bit, please tell me because im sure there could be a lots of changes to this to make it much better and become an actual thing]

Last edited:

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

I don't think this will stop the players from leaving, if a hacker joins your only options are call and admin or make a demo (or do both)

Also don't forget that sniper isn't the only class, if the hacker really wants to get kills he'll try it as another class, then this won't fix anything and players leave nonetheless. Let's not forget that you're also fucking over the other players that are playing sniper and aren't hacking.

daddy

Scarcely Lethal

daddy

Legit players can easily go over the headshot limits you set and the vote can be abused to (almost) permanently remove headshots from the server.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Well if a hacker appears and you feel like sniping but it's not working out cause the hackers keeps headshotting you then do what my good friend @Picky does, equip the DDS

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

This is one of the stupidest ideas I've heard all week.
Sure, it makes it hard for hackers to get one-shot kills, but it also ruins it for any other legitimate Sniper or Amby Spy because they're going to have their only decent source of damage disabled.
It doesn't solve the issues of hackers either. They can go Heavy and have two Pocket Medic's on their ass, they can go Scout and run around with near perfect accuracy baring bullet spread, and so on.
And what if an admin doesn't come? An entire class has been made almost completely useless because you wanted to drive a hacker off, and now you can't even wait for a map change to revert it because all Deathmatch servers are stuck on an infinite loop of the same map until a total server reset.

Legitamatetoster

Scarcely Lethal
This is one of the stupidest ideas I've heard all week.
Sure, it makes it hard for hackers to get one-shot kills, but it also ruins it for any other legitimate Sniper or Amby Spy because they're going to have their only decent source of damage disabled.
It doesn't solve the issues of hackers either. They can go Heavy and have two Pocket Medic's on their ass, they can go Scout and run around with near perfect accuracy baring bullet spread, and so on.
And what if an admin doesn't come? An entire class has been made almost completely useless because you wanted to drive a hacker off, and now you can't even wait for a map change to revert it because all Deathmatch servers are stuck on an infinite loop of the same map until a total server reset.
This is really aimed at two-fort, and yeah the hacker can go scout and have a slight change to get two pocket medics, but it is much better then getting killed right when you come out spawn, but there can always be a change to the suggestion, and i actually just thought of a good edit to it

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
If you were to implement this at all you'd have to set the limit to something ridiculous like 5 headshots in 4 seconds and it would have to only affect the cheater, but even then it is a very flawed idea with the potential of double headshots with the machina.

A better idea is to rustle the cheater's jimmies the old fashion way, teamwork.

Vaccinator medic hiding behind a wall healing a machina sniper with the danger shield? You'll have yourself one unsuccessful cheater. Even better if you convince other people to do it alongside you.

Legitamatetoster

Scarcely Lethal
If you were to implement this at all you'd have to set the limit to something ridiculous like 5 headshots in 4 seconds and it would have to only affect the cheater, but even then it is a very flawed idea with the potential of double headshots with the machina.

A better idea is to rustle the cheater's jimmies the old fashion way, teamwork.

Vaccinator medic hiding behind a wall healing a machina sniper with the danger shield? You'll have yourself one unsuccessful cheater. Even better if you convince other people to do it alongside you.
heck yeah, but its tf2, its hard for me to even get put out by a friendly pyro on 15 health lol, but you are right, if it could just affect the cheater, that would be amazing

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
You do realize not every hacker plays sniper. They own you the same amount with scout or smth.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I believe if Ben decides to do the calladmin thing one day, that will solve this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom