Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed "Good ol' Days of Stats" Gamemode

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
The name sucks, feel free to change the everloving heck out of that bad boy.

So I've been watching some TF2 videos lately about Valve's recent balancing of certain items when one item caught my eye in particular; the Sandman. The weapon's mechanics had been the same for a very long time, and now Valve was going to be changing it up because it isn't "competitive friendly." I personally do not really like competitive games and I feel like all these nerfs and removal of things unique to TF2 purely for the sake of balancing them for just a singular (dead) game mode, so this gave me an idea for a game mode.

What if, we took every single item back to its glory days of uniqueness or best stats? This would take some players back to the nostalgic days of having a weapon be a crit machine, a weapon shooting faster than it does and probably ever will again, and maybe they'll even enjoy a demoman with all 6 pipes.

So as I've already said, the idea would be to upgrade every item up to their best stats. Then they would play on a server with multiple maps and various game modes such as payload or CTF, based on vote. That would just be until the game mode took off, of course, and then you can do whatever you want with the maps and modes.

The idea is to draw in two audiences: those who are nostalgic of old weapon stats (like the upcoming Sandman nerf), and people who enjoy playing with overpowered weapons. Most weapons would be overpowered, so it would be fun and nothing would feel too overpowered (think x10).

I personally think this server would be fun to play, as if everybody was some kind of overpowered god running around with spammable Loose Cannons and super fast running Baby Face's Blaster scouts.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Sounds like another game mode like gun game, rocket pit (sorry wolf) and virus which seem like they'd be fun an all but don't actually attract that many players. If someone has free time and would want to do it by all means they should go ahead.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Sounds like another game mode like gun game, rocket pit (sorry wolf) and virus which seem like they'd be fun an all but don't actually attract that many players. If someone has free time and would want to do it by all means they should go ahead.

If we changed the name to something interesting it might garner some more attention. What if we called it something like "Overpowered Mode"

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

You might be able to achieve most of it through TF2Items configs, which is easy enough for most normal plebs. I don't remember what stats on weapons used to be like, can't imagine much would need to be plugin forced.

That said, I have no interest in doing this myself.

normie

Totally Ordinary
i remember the old gloves of running urgently and how it didnt suck before valve changed it

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
Hey uhh, i know this thread is VERY dead, but i wanted to revive it just to tell some cool informations about this gamemode. (TOTALLY NOT SELF-PROMOTING)
I sent a beta version of my plugin of this gamemode to a friend, if he accepts the server will have that plugin probably for a week or so! I won't post the IP here for obvious reasons and because it's a Brazil server, but you can DM me on Discord for more information about the server IP or the stat of the weapons that changed.

Weapons changed for now:
Axtinguisher & Reskins, Ambassador, Shortstop, Sydney Sleeper, GRU, Eviction Notice, Ullapool Caber, Enforcer, Baby Face's Blaster, Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol, Tide Turner, Panic Attack, Flying Guillotine/Cleaver and Sandman.

My Discord: Shadow Mario#9396

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to say it, unless my friend gets interested in privatizing the plugin, it will be avaible for download in Alliedmodders. Oh, and also that i named the gamemode "Golden Ages".
Posting with this alignment is cool.
- Shadow Mario.​

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Hey uhh, i know this thread is VERY dead, but i wanted to revive it just to tell some cool informations about this gamemode. (TOTALLY NOT SELF-PROMOTING)
I sent a beta version of my plugin of this gamemode to a friend, if he accepts the server will have that plugin probably for a week or so! I won't post the IP here for obvious reasons and because it's a Brazil server, but you can DM me on Discord for more information about the server IP or the stat of the weapons that changed.

Weapons changed for now:
Axtinguisher & Reskins, Ambassador, Shortstop, Sydney Sleeper, GRU, Eviction Notice, Ullapool Caber, Enforcer, Baby Face's Blaster, Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol, Tide Turner, Panic Attack, Flying Guillotine/Cleaver and Sandman.

My Discord: Shadow Mario#9396

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to say it, unless my friend gets interested in privatizing the plugin, it will be avaible for download in Alliedmodders. Oh, and also that i named the gamemode "Golden Ages".
Posting with this alignment is cool.
- Shadow Mario.​

I didn't think this was actually getting made, so it's very cool to see that it's happening. I also much prefer the name you guys chose. Can't wait to watch MLG scouts, suicidal demos, and murderous axtinguiser pyros fight it out for the first time in a very long time.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
Also when this server does come I am going to love the unbalanced shit.
I don't think it will be permanently a Golden Ages server, plus the Phlog didn't got changed yet.
The older stats chosen in the plugin are the bestly balanced ones for a weapon that had older stats.
Example: GRU and Eviction notice stats are Pre-Jungle Inferno, but Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol stats are from Pyromania update.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom