Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed "Good ol' Days of Stats" Gamemode

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
The name sucks, feel free to change the everloving heck out of that bad boy.

So I've been watching some TF2 videos lately about Valve's recent balancing of certain items when one item caught my eye in particular; the Sandman. The weapon's mechanics had been the same for a very long time, and now Valve was going to be changing it up because it isn't "competitive friendly." I personally do not really like competitive games and I feel like all these nerfs and removal of things unique to TF2 purely for the sake of balancing them for just a singular (dead) game mode, so this gave me an idea for a game mode.

What if, we took every single item back to its glory days of uniqueness or best stats? This would take some players back to the nostalgic days of having a weapon be a crit machine, a weapon shooting faster than it does and probably ever will again, and maybe they'll even enjoy a demoman with all 6 pipes.

So as I've already said, the idea would be to upgrade every item up to their best stats. Then they would play on a server with multiple maps and various game modes such as payload or CTF, based on vote. That would just be until the game mode took off, of course, and then you can do whatever you want with the maps and modes.

The idea is to draw in two audiences: those who are nostalgic of old weapon stats (like the upcoming Sandman nerf), and people who enjoy playing with overpowered weapons. Most weapons would be overpowered, so it would be fun and nothing would feel too overpowered (think x10).

I personally think this server would be fun to play, as if everybody was some kind of overpowered god running around with spammable Loose Cannons and super fast running Baby Face's Blaster scouts.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
If you nerf a broken weapon obviously its going to pale in comparison to its former self.
The stats chosen were mostly approved by the staff of the server where the plugin may be going to be on. I asked them to choose the bestly balanced and they on it said unironically "The ones before Jungle inferno", i did this with all weapons changed, telling them all the stats avaible, including overpowered/underpowered ones.
So, i think it may not be that OP, as it marks you for death even 3 seconds after holstering it, leaving a huge disadvantage if you're using it, they even told me what they think about it and situations where it would be worse, specially against Scouts. I'm sorry but i'm not going to change that unless i do another check of the opinions.

Hyped

Rage Inducing
It is op.
A tank shouldn't be given mobility when they trade their speed for power and a huge healthpool.
The GRU is used for mobility. To roll out. As a result, the mark for death penalty is useless.

specially against Scouts.
How??
I'm sorry but i'm not going to change that unless i do another check of the opinions.
I mean it was banned in competitive play. The community has said that it is op. There was no reason to pick any other melee pre jungle inferno.
Faster rollouts as heavy was just broken.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
An Scout at close range can deal a huge damage with free-minicrits when close to the heavy (which is not a rare case).
It is op.
Yeah but your opinion doesn't matter that much compared to a team of dudes i trust and believe completely, i may hear the users's opinions on the Alliedmodder thread i will post the plugin on tho.

Hyped

Rage Inducing
Yeah but your opinion doesn't matter that much compared to a team of dudes i trust and believe completel
You ignored the points I brought up ya dunce.
You are also ignoring the community's view of pre jungle inferno GRU.
And the old competitive whitelist.
And me.
Your "Team of dudes" would have recognised that the GRU to have been overpowered and nonsensical and completely relegated the other melee weapons Heavy had.
Hes a defence class let him stay that way.
An Scout at close range can deal a huge damage with free-minicrits when close to the heavy (which is not a rare case).
Yes it is a rare case. Heavies (Competent ones) used to pull out their minigun near a point or near where the fight was happening. The weapon was used as a mobility weapon not an escape one (Which I think you are implying it is). It was just broken for a heavy to have such power. It`s a GOOD thing it was removed.

Shadow Mario | blw.tf

Australium
Staff Member
Admin
A bit more info about how's the plugin is going: Philip is still a furry
The current version is v1.02b, there's already 21 weapons made in total, and a WIP !checkstats command, onlyl missing a message that says "None of your weapons equipped had changes" or something like.
I had trouble programming the changes on B.A.S.E. Jumper, inb4 it won't be changed until i find how to do it.
I'm considering in adding a command for choosing if you want or not to use the changed stats, but that's probably not gonna happen, as it would break everything. 2 JoJo references per day keep the doctor away
HELP ME I'M IMPRISIONED AND FORCED TO CODE WHILE THEY'RE POINTING A GUN ON MY HEAD!!!!!!!

New weapons that weren't in the last post:
Atomizer, Panic Attack (Now using different and better stats), Dead Ringer, Loch-n-Load, Bootlegger, Ali Baba's Wee Booties, Concheror, Gunboats and Soda Popper.
Killer Queen has already touched those blank spaces
Jim is gay

About a release date, i'm not fully sure when will it get out of beta, but i want to have around 30 weapons done before i release it, so maybe 1 week or more (considering i can code an average of 4 weapons per day or so when i'm fully focused on it).
Yare yare daze, your mother never told you to stop snooping around and go to bed? Don't forget to brush your teeth!
Will is best admin, Robb is kinda cool too "See you later, Tails!"
Jim is a tonk tank- Shadow Mario​

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom