Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Fixing the War Day LR

• Thread starter Deleted member 2049
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2049

So the Warday LR seems to spawn teams in two different locations (except the fuckzz map because it spawns everyone in armory unless it was fixed recently). Warday is meant for Blus to go in one area and fight any incoming Reds, but with everyone spawning either too close to each other or in the same spot, Blus cant get to or decide on an area in time. I currently have three ideas -

1. Change the rules for the Warday LR to allow straight on team vs team

2. Freeze Reds in one area for 30 seconds to allow Blus to go to an area

3. Have an area on each map that is pre-determined for Blus to be in, so they are already there and Reds are already coming

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

We're going pretty off topic here. I dont need to link all the suggestions about "removing crits for blue" That idea was ditched a long time ago.

I agree with Jim, it's like hide and seek, just switched teams. It worked better when blues were frozen for 60 seconds so why wouldn't it work with reds this time? I also think it would work on most scenarios if you compare it with the other options.

Also could you expand your reasoning a little bit on idea #1? I don't understand it fully. Do you mean that the blues are to have equal amount of players like the reds have or?

Cyveray

Spectacularly Lethal

Cyveray

Just to clarify I am not referring to the custom War Day only the automatic version of this LR unsurprisingly there is more than a few flaws with this LR I am gonna list these problems.

1. Since the LR is automatic it gives little to no time for warden to select a holding location which makes warden unintentionally break the rules of War Day.

2. The prisoner spawn location blocks off half of the playable map so on some maps the blues holding options are limited.

3. Its not played enough because if people want to play War Day warden will either do it because of popular demand or a prisoner would choose it as a custom LR, it is easier and does not become a low budget Class Wars unless that is what you prefer.

4. Sniper exist so on maps like snowballs they are forced to camp in armory (which is against the rules) or they instantly die.

Now here are a few simple solutions to fix these problems:

Renaming the LR so it does not conflict with the custom LR because they both play extremely differently and you can have a unique mode that plays like class wars but you can choose a class.

The reds become frozen and invincible until either the warden opens the cells or a timer that counts down for maybe 15 seconds so this way warden has time to choose a location while still being able to retain the name of War Day. The reasoning behind the reds being invincible is so that the reds cannot be killed by an blue before they are unfrozen because they have ammo.

Lastly you could just outright remove it because it is extremely redundant but this is worst case scenario and the other two options are more rational.

I would like to see solution number one solution go into effect just renaming it being a different take on Class Wars is what some players like and the second option is also fine so that warden can no longer unintentionally break the rules.

Hyped

Rage Inducing
IMHO removing it is the best option when it literally serves no purpose and is better done with a custom lr which grants more control for the prisoner and much more variety (Time to expand, where to hide, etc)

D

Deleted member 2049

Since the LR automatically teleports both teams to different locations, it's just a clash instead of Blus finding a place to stay in

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
While a name change wouldnt be terrible, the restrictions on Custom War Day are in place so the Reds have time to get ammo. Reds already have ammo for the non-custom LR and are moved to a safer area so they have a fighting chance. Its the same thing, just lets you skip the normal minute or 2 of setup time and get straight to the shooting/stabbing.

Imo its a fine preset LR, doesnt need removal and unnecessary delays would ruin the point of it as a "faster" War Day.

Cyveray

Spectacularly Lethal

Cyveray

So from what I now understand is that this version of War Day is the quicker version of this LR, I should not have made this suggestion because it is fine how it is. I thought it still had the same rules as the regular War Day so I thought it was conflicting with the custom version of this LR thanks for pointing that out, I would advise you all select to leave it how it is option if you like how it currently plays and you don't believe it needs a name change.

Last edited:

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Top Bottom