Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined [DR] Add CorPsyPas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronarena

Strange
Transparency before I begin: Yes this is my map.

Which map is the suggestion about?
DR_CorPsyPas_V2B

Add a link to the map Gamebanana link here.

Why do you want this map adding?
For once in DR map submissions, it's not a shitty meme map.
It's a skill based map (but not entirely platforming like Neonoir for example) where every trap can be avoided/survived with quick reactions and/or careful movement. There are no luck based traps, no insta-kill or sacrifice traps, and no "funny image loud earrape and death from invisible force" traps.

Months of testing has allowed for the trap order to be organised in a way that is a gentle difficulty increase over time, rather than sharp and irrational fluctuation of trap difficulty. In addition, there's an automode. The automode can't be activated every round, but when it is activated, some of the traps change how they function slightly, keeping the experience fresher for longer.

At the end, there's simple options of instantly winning, having a shot at playing a minigame, or being the person to enter the music room in the next round. No obscure secret required! That being said, there are a couple of hidden rooms here and there, but they don't change the map in any real way, they're just out there for the adventurous type of DR player.

Attached files are screenshots of the map. The same screenshots can be seen on the Gamebanana page linked above.

Any questions or whatever, feel free to post them here and I'll respond when I notice and have time to do so.

Thanks,
Corona.

Attachments

• Acid Pistons.png
    Acid Pistons.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
  • Barrels.png
    Barrels.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 56
  • Boxes.png
    Boxes.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • CorPsyPas.png
    CorPsyPas.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 52
  • Crushers.png
    Crushers.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 56
  • Falling.png
    Falling.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 60
  • Gravity pipe top.png
    Gravity pipe top.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 59
  • Gravity pipe.png
    Gravity pipe.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • Minigame.png
    Minigame.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 54
  • Pushers.png
    Pushers.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
Do you ever plan on updating this map visually? It looks a bit plain, and I think it would really boost this maps chances of being added if it looked 'fresher'

Besides that, I like the map. It seems to be just the right type of map DR needs

Coronarena

Strange
Do you ever plan on updating this map visually? It looks a bit plain, and I think it would really boost this maps chances of being added if it looked 'fresher'

Besides that, I like the map. It seems to be just the right type of map DR needs
I'll be honest, I'm naff at detailing.
As I'm sure you've guessed, the gameplay was the focus of the map. Always has been since I threw these traps together in a dev texture, "skybox only and nothing else" map.

I would like to add details, but that'll be in the future. I have been working on this map far longer than I probably should've done, and looking at it in hammer just makes me want to procrastinate!

How far off this said future is, I can't say. I have too much going on irl, and I'm more enjoying playing the actual games and maps rather than making or editing them. I will say however, adding details is not off the table, it's just not happening right now.

Although I'm sure people will have got bored by time I do add details so take what you will from this statement.

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

Finally got around to getting this map tested.

Feedback gained from testers is that it blocks our bhop plugin. While this is fine and doesn't necessarily warrant a declination, there is a exploit where you can gain bhop back if you switch team to blue on round start. Due to this exploit potentially making the round unfair, it has been decided that we will not add this map to Blackwonder at this time.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom